Frugal Village Forums banner

A direct jab, or just coincidence ??

3K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  monkeywrangler71 
#1 ·
My Dh has been divorced from his ex wife for 3 years. We live in the same house they use to live in. The day they got divorced she changed her name back to her maiden name. So Friday I received a package of Enfamil baby formula. I don't have any children and I am not pregnant. The package came in her married name that she hasn't used for 3 years. We do not receive any mail for her any other time. She has said previously that she is and always will be the mother of my DH child and every time we speak tries to hint and make comments about if we will have our own children. She does not like me and has made this very clear... do you think this is just a coincidence, or is this a direct jab at me just so I don't forget she is the mother of his child and wants me to keep that in mind?? Am I being paranoid?:lame:

#2 ·
I wouldn't stress about it, could be just some glitch in the enfamil computer system that sent it out. My youngest child turned 3 in Sept. We had a miscarriage in 2005, if we didn't lose that baby it would have turned 2 in Nov. A couple of weeks ago I got something in the mail from Huggies, it said something on the front about your 15 month old child. I don't have a 15 month old, nor should I have one if it wasn't for a misscarriage.

#4 ·
Could be her taking a jab, what I'd do is be the bigger person, donate it to a womens shelter or similiar organization :) If she's going to waste time doing things like this do NOT give her the satisfaction of even knowing you recieved it.

kj

#7 ·
It could be some sort of freaky coincidence... let me tell you how shocked the Old Man was when he saw a package from Enfamil in OUR mailbox :lol:

#8 ·
I fail to see what baby formula has to do with her at all... Im thinking just a coincidence or computer malfunction. Her child isnt an infant. As to the box, do you have any friends or family that is pregnant or just had a baby. Many of my friends have used my name when trying to get free samples out of diaper companies and formula companies... beleive me, my baby is 8, and there will be no more, yet, every once in a while, I get the coupons and or formula. I just happily pass them along.

#11 ·
SNORT!!! LAUGHING HERE!! I did just drive by a house that was TP's last week and the first thought was WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY!:whirly:

That said, I guess the reason her doing it being first in my mind is that I AM guilty of similiar, lol. When the neighbors REALLY get on my nerves I send them catalogs, etc. When her kid got busted for pot I went online and found a few military schools and sent her brochures :rollsmile:rollsmile

And now with the tattoo job her kid did they've got tattoo supply catalogs on the way :) I also send them in the boyfriends name, since she denies he lives there and is trying to get food stamps right now.

I know, I'm BAD, but harmless, lol.

kj

#15 ·
Smile sweetly and know that he's yours now heart & soul.

#16 ·
I have a child that is 14 years old and triplets who are 9 years old and I still get coupons in the mail in my name for diapers and formula, no matter how many time I tell them to stop sending them I still get them so I would guess it is just a glitch in the system.

Eileen

#17 ·
I tend to believe it was a computer glitch more than anything else.

Frugalfarmwife: you are my hero! What a laugh I had reading your post.

#18 ·
I used to get something baby related every 3 years--I suppose the companies are HOPING you have another child every 3 years so they can sell you more!!! I don't think it's a jab.

#19 ·
If it's a jab at you it's pretty subtle and I'm not sure I get it. Why would she send herself formula in a name she no longer uses to an address where she doesn't live? It sounds like Enfamil bought an outdated mailing list, and she was on it.

Also, if it was me I wouldn't open it, donate it or give it to anyone. It's mail, albeit junk mail, addressed to someone else, you don't really have any right to open it. I would either give it to her or return to sender.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.