My Stockpile

Thread: My Stockpile

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default My Stockpile

Has taken a major hit since DH got laid off and then his EI ran out....and I need to start refilling it a little at a time. I feel a little overwhelmed at the moment not having the items on hand that I am used to having. Since joining this site and first starting my stockpile I have really really gotten used to having food, health and beauty products etc here, now I feel kinda "yuck" because things have dwindled so much. I don't like the feeling of it being so low, and having to pay full price for items etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just work at building it up as you have the money. It also might help to identify the holes you REALLY need to fill ASAP so they don't continue to drain your grocery/HBA budget.

I was so happy that I was finally able to add purchasing Charlie's Soap to my budget. I purchased enough for 240 loads in early January. I am also to the point that I can order freeze dried fruits, veggies, cereals, and specialty flours 2-3 times a year when Honeyville Grain has a sale.

I know I would be extremely frustrated if my stockpile were to become depleted. BUT that is what it is there for. So be thankful you had it!

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, it definitely is a frustrating feeling, but I was extremely thankful that I had it. If this had happened before I found frugal village a few years back, I would have been in a heck lot more trouble, because i would have only had say a months worth of stuff on hand, at least now I was much much more prepared.

I actually made the Duggars Laundry receipe that someone posted here, and I actually really like it. Its working for us, cleans our clothes and smells nice, so im happy about that. So that fills the neat for purchasing more laundry detergent for quite some time.

I have been writing a lot of lists and doing some budgeting and trying to see where the stock needs to come up first. Been also toying with using an envelope system, I like the idea and really think it can work for us.

Im not sure how much we can contribute to it at the moment, but even 6 things a month is better then nothing!

I love all the things that I have learned here!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You are on the right track!!! Remember, Rome was not built in a day! Keep up the great job!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There should be a list somewhere on this site that gives when the best months are to stockpile certain items. Might help you, not sure if it is the same in canada.

There are times that my stockpile if I had to live off of it would give me really strange meals. But I would not starve!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks shoji I will have a look for it. I can deal with strange meals