My H&B stockpile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default My H&B stockpile

I thought it would be fun to share my stockpile And I'd love to see your stockpile too! This is h&b and paper products. My pantry is disorganized right now.

This is above my upright freezer. TP. Purchased when it hits $4.99 and with a $1 coupon. Hoping to see better prices, but that seems to be it around here.

This is again in the basement, above a tv we have set up for the kids, other storage is there too. There is 2 8-packs of tissue, bought for $2.99 after coupons. And 5 packs of paper towel. One was puchased for $1.99 which is a great price, but the other 4 went on sale for $2.97 and I some coupons, buy 2 save $5. So they ended up being $.47 per pack! Can't beat that! We use it as bedding for the kids geckos, so it is a great find.

Now this is my h&b and cleaning shelf. I am quite tickled pink. I will not need to purchase many things for a LONG time. Pluse it was purchased for pennies on the dollar. This took 3 months of couponing and sale watching to accomplish. The Dove, Purex detergent, Toilet ducks,toothbrushes, OFF! Fantastic and Finish were tax only purchases. All the deodorant, toothpaste, Dawn, shaving creams for $.50 or less. Fabric softeners were purchased for 75% off, Axe was for $1.25, Old Spice body was $.75, Resolve stain treatment $1, Windex $1.50, Listerine $1, Gillette Razors $1, Kids oral rinses 65% off(only 4 there, not the full shelf), Curel Lotions, large were $1.25 and 2 free tubes, Aveeno 3 free samples, trial size shaving foam - free, Suave Shampoo $1, StayFree - from free to $.49 depending on the weeks sale.( I bought 2-3 per week, there are 2 of us using it, and soon to be 3 -ugh), Pledge $1.30.

So I'm pretty stocked. Yes, there is more toothpaste than I anticipated buying, but it expires in 3 years So I averaged it out. We go through 12-18 per year, depends on size of tube, so this is almost 2 years. There is a variety there, sensitive, whitening, kids flavors, and regular To accommodate all the needs of the family. It looks like lots of detergent, but it's only 32 loads for all the purex. I do an average of 14 loads a week. So I have about 9-12 months there. Fabric softener lasts a little longer. Most of these items have 2-3 year shelf life So I don't need to get most of this for quite awhile! It's nice to answer "No we're not out, just get one from 'THE SHELF'.

Since starting this, my grocery budget has gone WAY down. Since I don't need to buy h&b as a regular item, I can get away from the $250/week we were budgeting to... ready? $100 AND there's left over! I still am building a grocery stock pile. So I keep an extra $40 available for good sales, but usually $15 is all I use. Now I just keep watching for rock bottom prices

Not show here, as I keep it away from the kids is Motrin .99, Advil PM tax only, dh preferred hand lotion(hates fragrances), full size Aveeno lotions .99 (hidden away as dd14 will claim it all), travel size shampoo and conditions by Nexxus-tax only, L'Oreal .99.

Think that's it.

And while it's a large size stockpile here, I didn't clear shelves. Most was 2-4 at a time. Sometimes only 1. It took from beginning of May til now to do it, I had to get coupons, ordered, traded, found some tear pads, to do this. I joined coupon trains as well to get more variety. The only item shown that I bought a larger quantity was the Dawn. But there were oodles and oodles and the manager didn't have a problem with it.

The only thing I need to build now is my TP and tissue supply, with 4 females in the house, and 3 potty training toddlers we seem to go through alot!

Now to figure out what I want/need to stockpile for groceries.

I would love to see your pictures!

Registered User greekislandgirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OMG. I am speechless with stockpile envy! I LOVE IT!!

My stockpile is all used up but I am planning to spend the month of August building it back up - I promise to post photos when I do it! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i am impressed!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

looks great! I'll take some pics later ~ not sure how to do it from my phone & get them on here??? I'll work on it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nice job, impressing. You got some great deals. Mine wouldn't be so photo impressing. LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
    Nice job, impressing. You got some great deals. Mine wouldn't be so photo impressing. LOL
    I'm sure it would be! I happen to have a shelf in one spot, that's all. It was a weird wall, there is an out jet and the upright freezer stuck out. I asked dh to build a shelf for me. Lately it was collecting a variety of junk, and I was stashing my stockpile where ever. I figured enough of that, and dealt with the junk Much nicer and I can find pretty much everything now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My HBA is in a cabinet under the sink and a little on the bathroom shelf closet.

My food stock is in an extra cabinet in the kitchen we bought and dh put it together for me. And then there is the downstairs freezer. Here is the one pantry. Crappy cell phone shot of food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
    My HBA is in a cabinet under the sink and a little on the bathroom shelf closet.

My food stock is in an extra cabinet in the kitchen we bought and dh put it together for me. And then there is the downstairs freezer. Here is the one pantry. Crappy cell phone shot of food.
    When space is premium, keeping it where it's used is perfect Love the food pantry! Mine is a disaster right now, on the list of things to do next week so I can find everything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Looks great!!! Awesome stockpile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nice stockpile, nice pix, great organizing. With the exception of deodorant my HBA supplies suck.
    You did a great job there and should be very proud of it.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is awesome!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nice stockpile

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

great job!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so envious congrats mine is small 6 tubes of toothpaste, 4 bottles of shampoo, 3 bottles of conditioner, 3 mens body wash, 3 womens body wash, 4 toothbrushes, 2 hair color, 4 bottles of lotion, 14 bottles of of spic and span. fabuloso, and pinesol. 10 1/2 gallons of colorox, 2 furniture polish, 4 bathroom cleaners, ect everything was couponed for so do not really know what I have in it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

nice stockpile. Thanks for the pics. Now I have an idea of what to get and how to start!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast