How many dinners out of your stockpile?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How many dinners out of your stockpile?

I will be going through our pantry and fridge/freezer in the next week to organize it. Without going through it, I know offhand that I have enough dinners for the next two weeks for the two of us adults. I would like to work up to 45 days (about 6 weeks) of dinners/meals within the next month or so.

I'm curious as to those of you who know what's in your stockpile, how many meals could you make for your family? Specifically, how many weeks could you go if you had to only live off of your stockpile (other than occasionally buying fruits/veggies/milk/eggs/bread)?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

impossible for me to tell. I stockpile a years worth of food which we eat out of rotate and add to constantly. LDS sites are a good calculator to tell how much for one year for the number of people. It even breaks out adults from kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have dinners scheduled out until mid-November. If it had to be breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I am sure that it wouldn't last that long. I would guess a good three months with what is in the garage/freezers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User wanderinggrandma's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We could eat well for over 6 months. An additonal 6 months of meals that would meet nutritional needs but not be too exciting unless the garden pulled through with fresh veggies and fruit. There are only 2 of us now so it is much easier for us than for larger families.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've got more than 4 months of meat in the freezer. Right now I have dinners planned out for the next 4 weeks --not counting fresh produce and dairy. I have about two weeks worth of frozen vegs on hand, also. Sometime in the next couple weeks I have to stock up on rice, oats, beans, etc. other wise I would extend my range a few more weeks.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are a family of four and my stockpile is low. I would say we could probably eat for at least three weeks on what I have on hand, maybe longer. Hoping to get it built back up over the summer months.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You guys are amazing!! WTG I don't have a food stockpile yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Probably about 3-4 weeks. I usually only eat a protein and fruit and veggies. Although by the end I would be having some really weird for me combinations depending on what time of the year is it.

Registered User greekislandgirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

a year, although I'd have to supplement with certain fresh things like vegetables and fruits (ideally), milk, eggs, etc. We would be able to survive even without those things for a year, though. We may need to depending on what happens tomorrow night!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by greekislandgirl View Post
    a year, although I'd have to supplement with certain fresh things like vegetables and fruits (ideally), milk, eggs, etc. We would be able to survive even without those things for a year, though.
    Same here, probably. We would run out of carbs within a few months, and we have nothing in the way of dairy, but we would likely be good with everything else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There are only two of us. I am now in processs of cleaning out freezer and will stock meats & frozen veggies in March. But have lots of canned and boxed food. We could go maybe a month..maybe more...but, don't think hubby would be happy with the meals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Allowing to be able to buy fruits/veggies/milk/eggs/bread..
    I'd say 3 months maybe 4. 4th month may be thrown together but I think could be done. Would probably still have a hodge podge.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We could probably go 4 months, if I got really creative 5 months! I'm working to boost that way up!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This is a good question.....I'm not sure how I could figure that out..I do know I have enough tomatoe sauce & pasta that we could eat for 2 months straight on that alone..I would say several months worth..I'm not going to say that my family would be thrill towards the end..I know I would run out of milk & fresh veggies & butter in no time flat..this is why I'm starting into buying long term storage (dehydrated) foods..

Registered User greekislandgirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mndtrp View Post
    Same here, probably. We would run out of carbs within a few months, and we have nothing in the way of dairy, but we would likely be good with everything else.
    We're the opposite! We have carbs and dried beans to last at least a year. Butter probably 2 years (freezer). But vegetables, meat, that sort of thing only a few months. We mostly eat rice, pasta, dried beans anyway so it wouldn't be a big change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast