How to Stock Your Kitchen If You're Worried About Coronavirus - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I went out a few days after I posted with my list and found all of it except chicken and burger. But ok for now. I had forgot about the small meat market next small town not far and apparently they are well stocked with meat, produce and quite a bit of other stuff. We know the people ... just never been in there. I plan on checking it out one day this next week just to see. Prices aren't on their website.

I figure Winn Dixie should be calling here soon with at least one of my prescriptions. I missed several blood pressure and water pills.. not on purpose... just couldn't remember if I took or not and pretty sure I hadn't but didn't want to take the chance of doubling up so didn't. So those will be filled for 90 days. Hubs called his into the VA.

The kid went to Walfart this morning. Wish she hadn't but ... had her get milk. So if can get more chicken and burger we can hole up for a long time.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry went to edit and instead it posted again.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel well stocked. I have been using flannel squares for fifteen years, so I need very little tp. I had done a big shop at Costco the week before things got crazy, so I avoided the panic buyers. I also picked up an extra 40 lb. bag of dog food. I have been doing more baking, and am making lots of casseroles that my mom used to make. I picked up my bi-weekly box of produce at our co-op. It seems to have shrunk, but I guess that stands to reason. The farmers probably want the food for their families. I just planted seven more fruit trees. The garden is doing well. I will have citrus available for quite a while. Artichokes are peeking their way out of the leaves. The rhubarb plant is looking promising, too. I will put the zucchini plants in the ground after Easter. We could have a frost before then...

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I ordered from a restaurant supply yesterday...picked it up today...it is just a mile from my house...was able to get chicken breasts, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, orange juice, tortillas, pork chops, 40 lb. baking potatoes (they are HUGE), 10 lbs. of spaghetti, gatorade, butter, mozz cheese and a few other things....ordered cheesecake today....16 pieces for $4.99...will share all of this with the grandkids....so we are well stocked except for fresh stuff....hoping my yeast comes in this week so I can make bread...my bread got moldy, haven't done that in years.....

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

BW, they are doing that around here, too. I guess some areas are still having trouble with supply. I saw one place was offering a fruit box and a veg box, enough food for a couple weeks in each. Good of them to share and get some business, too. Grocery stores nearest me seem to be almost normal, except paper goods.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

If you’re still having issues finding paper products...get with your stores customer service department. They can let you know which days the deliveries come in.

I would suggest being there when the store opens though.

I work in a grocery store & I will say that things are finally beginning to get “back to normal” over the past 2-3 weeks.

We get regular deliveries in of alll products, just not enough to refill the shelves completely.
    Especially of the completely sold out items.

3 weeks ago our paper products would sell out within an hour or so.
    Now items are lasting until the afternoon.

I’m seeing more regular shopping trips vs. panic buying that was happening for several weeks.

Oh and our meat department surprisingly has been the first department to begin looking like it was before all this started.

Hang in there.
    Things ARE slowly beginning to get back to normal.
    Michelle in middle Tennessee!

Ever so slowly rebuilding my stockpile...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12