Grocery Shopping For A Quarantine: What To Buy And How Much
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Grocery Shopping For A Quarantine: What To Buy And How Much

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/groce...b6670e72fffffd

Once you’re aware you need to self-quarantine, it'll likely be too late to grocery shop. But don't panic, here's what to get now.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A lot of areas have food delivery services from supermarkets- insta-cart, for example. I did read an article stating that some items may not be allowed to be delivered (toilet paper, sanitizing wipes) and people must go to the store to get them, unfortunately. Ordering online from Amazon is an option, as well as ordering from big stores like Target, Walmart, etc...

The article was ok, although I don't think that frozen berries are a necessity, as much as canned goods would be.

Of course, a lot of us on the forum make our own bread and meals, so ordering pizza would probably not cross our minds!

I think that anything dried (pasta, fruits, milk powder) and canned options are good, along with water. We used to call potatoes and onions "hardware" because they last a while. Oatmeal/cereals and boxed items are more shelf stable items that last as well.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've seen mentions of stocking water in various articles with regard to this crisis, and numerous mentions of water being sold out. I don't understand it. Does everyone typically not drink tap water?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A group called EWG, environmental working group , tests water in each town. My town had 400% more arsenic than they recommend, 200% more carcinogens....The list goes on. We have cancer centers in every corner and the taste and smell of our tap is horrible. We refuse to drink it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That part makes sense.