How many of you stockpile?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How many of you stockpile?

I was reading my thread about my grocery trip and I saw some of you said you stockpile and I think that is great. I am now in the stage of cherry picker which is great!

So what all do you stockpile? how much do you spend? and do you cherry pick yet?

I thought this would be a fun thread to see where other people are at. So join in.

I will go 1st

I stock pile everything from dog/cat items to food to hba to cleaners to just about everything that you would need in a few months time.

I spent about $300 this time to finish up my stock pile but now I am at cherry picker stage and hope to spend between $40-$50 a week or less.

Yes I am a cherry picker which if some of you don't know means I can pick and choose the deals I want to get.

Like this week Meijers has veggies in a can on sale and I need some of those so will pick up some of them, they also have ketcup on sale and I have coupons so will get them. Krogers has the shaving cream dh uses for 2/$4 and it is usually almost $4 a can so I have 4 .55 coupons and my krogers doubles up to .99 so I will get them for undet $1 a can. There are a few other things this week but I don't want to spend over $30.

So what are your best deals and then my other questions.

Registered User Droppedonmyhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have very limited space to stockpile. But when I do, it's usually food and paper items on sale that I always use. Dare I even mention my huge stockpile of Princess House (most in still in boxes)??????

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just started stockpiling 4 months ago, but I've built up an amazing amount of stuff.

I've have close to 100 bottles of shampoo/conditioner, 44 bottles of Softsoap hand soap, 70 boxes of pasta, all of which I got for free. I also have plenty of TP and paper towels, laundry soap, bleach, garbage bags, dishwasher detergent, and canned goods.

So far I have three sets of 6 feet tall shelves that are filled up. We really need a separate freezer, but we're waiting until we snowball down some of our debt before buying one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I also stockpile. It really helps save on your grocery bill because you aren't having to buy items when you need them at regular price. I like to stockpile when items are on sale and purchase as many as I can. I currently have enough cereal, rice, spaghetti sauce, toothpaste, razors, shampoo/conditioner, toothbrushes, femine products, popcorn, pasta, tlyenol, and body soap to last for a great while.

I love to stockpile!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do too. I don't have gobs and gobs of things like some members that get many things free or next to free b/c we don't have double coupons here. But I do stock up on loss leaders and really save money by doing so.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I stockpile just about anything I can get for free or cheap, but it is mostly HBA's. I tend to use the "buy in bulk" strategy more for food items.

For HBA's, I stockpile shampoo, toothpaste, razors, hair dye, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I stockpile any and everything but mostly toiletries I get for free, paper products, pasta, rice, beans, canned goods, and anything used for baking. I'm about to start gardening so I'll soon be stockpiling more vegetables and fruit. I also stockpile water and soda pop. For entertainment I stockpile books and craft supplies. I take advantage of freebies, sales and bulk buying.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I guess that I am still trying to get the whole concept of "stockpiling". I want to do that especially using coupons/loss leaders etc. So, can I ask a question? As you have been in the process of stockpiling you spent above what your normal grocery budget was b4 stockpiling? Do you only buy it if you can get it pennies on the dollar?

I use a lot of coupons and try to combine with loss leaders. I am still trying to figure out how people buy $100 worth of groceries for $22 and stuff like that. Our pantry is very full and so is our freezer. But I did go over our grocery budget - but at the same time - I know I got good deals on things that we WILL use.

Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do, I do!!! I stockpile HBA like shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, etc. I have enough of that stuff to last for at least another year, and I got it all free. Foodwise, I stockpile cereal when it's extremely cheap and canned vegetables as well. I will stockpile anything that I can get for free or close to it, as long as I don't have to worry that it will expire before it gets used.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I stockpile anything we use when I can get a good deal on it. I know when a sale is good and when it's not. I take advantage when it's good and buy as much as I can afford. I am a cherry picker in the sense that I buy mostly only sale/loss leader items.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Like others I stockpile toothpaste, mouthwash, cleaning products, onion soup mix, canned foods, dog food, cat food and cat litter etc. My parents have a friend who has a garden and he gives me all the zucchini I want. I usually bake between 15 to 25 loafs and freeze them. I also give the guy bread.

Most of the stuff (toothpaste, shampoo, soap) I have gotten for free with double off coupons and the item being on sale. I know icecream is an item not needed but that is our number one sweet. Krogers has the 10 for 10 and I will be getting some tomorrow. We stock up on oil and winshield washer fluid also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is cool that there are so many of us.

I went today to Meijers and got canned veggies 12/$7 now the ad that I get in a different paper said 6/$4 so I got a better deal by $1 but hey $1 is $1. I also got a lot of things here is what I got my store does double q's also
    1 bag sugar $2.50 (had .40 q )
    3 Sausages (buy 1 get 2 free also had 2 q's for .85 each he took both of them)
    12 cans of assorted veggies 12/$7
    1 Toothbrush 2/$5 (had 1 .75 q)
    Strawberries (this was not on my list but dh decided he would like a pie)
    Pie crust graham crakcer (also not on list but goes with pie)
    3 Ketchups 2/$3 (got 3 because you got free mustard and I had 3 .50 q which means I paid .50 each for name brand ketcup)
    Sour cream 2/3 (had 1 .50 q so just got one)

So my total before q's was something like $26 and I paid $18.

Monday or Tuesday I am going to goto my mom's and her krogers doubles up to .99 and I am getting dh shaving cream 2/$4 (I have 4 .55 coupons double those and I have a $1 off your next order so that will make them all less then $3) I think that is great!!

I love saving the money and now I can cherry pick I have set aside $30 for this week and only spent $18 so I still have some money left to get a few other things I want to get.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have only just begun the stock pile. I have just been trying to fill up my freezer before winter. I also bought extra TP and PT. I don't have coupons here, but hope to do something toward bath items soon. I am still learning and hope that somehow I end up saving money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have a lot of extra room, but I try to stockpile when I get a good deal. Mostly HBA stuff for now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One word of caution - DO NOT stockpile bleach or items containing bleach! Bleach is corrosive, and can eat through the plastic container if stored longer than six months or so.

Other than bleach, I stockpile, laundry soap, fabric softener sheets, trash bags, ziploc bags, paper towels, toilet paper, all kinds of health and beauty items, frozen foods, peanut butter, tuna, soup, canned beans, baking mixes, and lots of other things. I am also a "cherry picker".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast