Joy in the journey
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Joy in the journey

I just wanted to take a few minutes to remind everyone to make a real effort in finding things to celebrate as you make your way toward your frugal goals. It doesn't have to be a major milestone to find cause celebrate. For instance if you pay off a small debt.....cook a nice dinner, mark it on the (free) calendar you got at the bank, keep the calendar and look back over the years at where you were, where you've come from. Since I made our announcement the other day about being debt free, I've been contemplating the past few years when we were so desperate to be debt free and the little milestones along the way that we celebrated....I really wish we had taken a pic of those celebrations and made note of exactly where we were financially, physically.....etc... . So as you go along, doing the day to day things.....I implore you to plan your next small goal, and make a BIG deal out of it. Celebrate, for it really is important to find joy in the journey.

Have a really wonderful day friends

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree, great idea!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You gave me goose bumps....great reminder!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks sometimes, you gotta remember to smell the roses.. and enjoy the journey.. and it takes special people like you to remind us...thanks again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thank you for your advice..since Dec 07' we paid off $10,000 in CC dept after years of reading this board I never really held myself accountable for paying any of the dept off..if we had $5000.00 in the bank I concentrated on adding more to our saving's verses paying off dept..we could of been dept free for years now and most likely owned a home(or should I say the bank owns it) if I had just stopped being so obsessed with having so much in the bank then blowing a huge amount on things like a laptop computer a couple of Go-carts and so on..I just made a online payment to pay my Dh's truck off in "FULL" .....next month if everything goes the way I hope it does I'm gonna pay off my TrailBlazer in "FULL"...to top it off it will be a surprise for my Dh as I'm not telling him till both vehicles are paid in full..I'm really proud that we are making such progress in reducing our dept down to less then $14,500.00 (this is after my Trailblazer is paid off) total owed..If we can buy my dad's property we can trade in our trailer towards the trade-in for the modular home and we would only be looking at a mortgage payment only...I'm so excited as I can really see the rainbow at the end of the tunnel and it is coming quicker then I have ever imagined.. When I pay off the Trailblazer I'm gonna due something real special to celebrate paying off $21,000.00 in dept total in 6 months time..
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brenda67 View Post
    Thank you for your advice..since Dec 07' we paid off $10,000 in CC dept after years of reading this board I never really held myself accountable for paying any of the dept off..if we had $5000.00 in the bank I concentrated on adding more to our saving's verses paying off dept..we could of been dept free for years now and most likely owned a home(or should I say the bank owns it) if I had just stopped being so obsessed with having so much in the bank then blowing a huge amount on things like a laptop computer a couple of Go-carts and so on..I just made a online payment to pay my Dh's truck off in "FULL" .....next month if everything goes the way I hope it does I'm gonna pay off my TrailBlazer in "FULL"...to top it off it will be a surprise for my Dh as I'm not telling him till both vehicles are paid in full..I'm really proud that we are making such progress in reducing our dept down to less then $14,500.00 (this is after my Trailblazer is paid off) total owed..If we can buy my dad's property we can trade in our trailer towards the trade-in for the modular home and we would only be looking at a mortgage payment only...I'm so excited as I can really see the rainbow at the end of the tunnel and it is coming quicker then I have ever imagined.. When I pay off the Trailblazer I'm gonna due something real special to celebrate paying off $21,000.00 in dept total in 6 months time..
    That's the spirit!Be sure to take pics of the celebration too.
    I'm thrilled for ya, you're all doing such a great job working on the 'debt diet'.
    Hang in there everyone.....it's so worth it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Positive, positive, good, good stuff!
    I wholeheartedly agree!