Working from home?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Working from home?

I've noticed that a lot of people (esp SAHMs) on the board work form home. I was curious what types of work do you do? Are you producing crafts to sell online, working for a company, doing the MaryKay thing? i was just wondering because it seems like a lot of you all are doing this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

independent piano teacher, began over 20 years ago

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I babysit and decorate cakes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do crafts. I don't sell them online, because it's just not worth it. I'm working on getting my own site up ( a friend is doing it for me), and I'll be selling, and making money off advertisers, so at least the site will pay for itself and the advertising I do for it. We are playing around with the idea of starting an online craft mall.

I do a few shows per year, I took a few years off, (I think I stopped in '06, becuase I opened my own store then), but since I am back at home with the kids, I figured I'd start up again! My first show of the year will be 4th of july weekend, then I'll probably do 3 or 4 between then and the end of the year. I'm finally getting some inventory built up, but working from home and still keeping the house going successfully is tough!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do home childcare, I do create and sell at craft sales as well. I am working on another line of products that I'll be selling online locally.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i make and sell beaded jewelry at a local boutique...it makes about $200 a month...it doesn't support us but its a nice little x-tra....plus i enjoy doing it.... win-win.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I sell adult novelty items.. 9-12 hours a week (while hubby or grandma watches my kids) and make about $85-$100 an hour currently. My business does good because of the economy - everyone is staying inside(!)

Not everyone in this business does that good though, I'm just a very out-going person so it works for me.. and I've been in the business for three years now and normally do 3-4 parties a weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I make and sell jewelry. I have 4 shows a year and just break even. Right now, this is fine as it is only a hobby. I'd like to get it on a roll so DH can retire in 2 years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I make and sell jewelry. It's just a fun little side hobby. It pays for supplies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Boyz View Post
    I do crafts. I don't sell them online, because it's just not worth it. I'm working on getting my own site up ( a friend is doing it for me), and I'll be selling, and making money off advertisers, so at least the site will pay for itself and the advertising I do for it. We are playing around with the idea of starting an online craft mall.

I do a few shows per year, I took a few years off, (I think I stopped in '06, becuase I opened my own store then), but since I am back at home with the kids, I figured I'd start up again! My first show of the year will be 4th of july weekend, then I'll probably do 3 or 4 between then and the end of the year. I'm finally getting some inventory built up, but working from home and still keeping the house going successfully is tough!
    How do you go about making money off of advertisers? How do you get started in this on your own personal website?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I own a working farm.

I make goat milk soap and lotion. We sell sausage from our hogs, eggs from our 200 chickens. We sell produce from about 80 acres in production.

We sell at farmer markets during the week and weekends.

I stay at home...hubby works farm and a full time job. But we make wonderful money from the farm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I write. Magazine articles, book (self-published) and am trying to learn a bit more about teaching online for $$$. (Anyone doing this? I'd like to talk to you!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I work doing searches for ChaCha. There's no schedule, you can work how ever little or however much you want, and the pay is decent. Plus they have a great referral program. I love that I can work for a few hours, then press a button and the money is instantly put on my Visa debit card.(Which I was given through the company. You can also choose to be paid through direct deposit into your own account.)

I don't think they're hiring right now, but if you're interested, you can check them out here.

If you want more info, just PM me and I'll be glad to answer any ?'s you may have.