Hi I'm new to the Village and got a question

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Hi I'm new to the Village and got a question

for ya'll! ok, I'll probl'y have several *blush*

I am about to restart my handcraft business to supplement our income, and although I've kept it up on a "by the piece" basis, it's been a long while since I thru myself into it! *blush* So, since "times have changed" since I was 100% active at it, I'm lookin for a "startin place," pricin guidelines, and any tips and hints ya'll might be able to provide on findin materials/supplies at a discount etc. and if I start to get "shy" about my abilities, I may need a kick in the britches every now and again too! ha! I work in sewin, crochet, and stitchworks. Any and all help/direction would be appreciated! Off to peek thru yer market places as well as the diy forum for help with my poor oven that konked out this week! Thanks in advance! ~mil~
    =:3

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome to the Village!!

I'm the "creativity challenged" one of the bunch, but I'm sure these other gals can point you in the right direction!!

Glad you've found us!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Nice to meetcha Debbie!!!

I'm sorry it took me so long to wave atcha, but my lil computer decided to "cough!" ha! anyway, I'm back and wanted to thank ya for your warm welcome! btw, I'm sure that yer more "creative" than ya realize! If there's anything I might be able to help you with, I'm sure happy to! thanks again for welcoming me in! bunny schnuzzles! ~mil~

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am trying to get started - I have found that you can buy bulk lots and wholesale supplies from Ebay - And there is also a wholesalers craft supplies website Factory Direct Craft supply who I have done business with - they are great - as far as pricing it kind of varies by area and to figure out whats selling I just go to the different online crafters marketplaces - you can also get a good idea on pricing that way - Are you planning to do boutiques or shows or online??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

winnsmom
    what type of things are you selling? I know there are several inexpensive places in Texas to buy craft supplies at least there are in Houston. Let me know and I'll check with my sister and see what she can find out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Hi Kimmee, and thanks!

Originally posted by kimmee
    I am trying to get started - I have found that you can buy bulk lots and wholesale supplies from Ebay - And there is also a wholesalers craft supplies website Factory Direct Craft supply who I have done business with - they are great - as far as pricing it kind of varies by area and to figure out whats selling I just go to the different online crafters marketplaces - you can also get a good idea on pricing that way - Are you planning to do boutiques or shows or online??
    I am sooooo embarrassed! I have no idea how I messed this original post up!! *blush* I am now tryin to un~ravel my fur~ball! LOL! *blush*

What kind of things do you make? I will check out the places you mentioned! *smile* When I was doing this full~time in the past, mostly, I worked word of mouth and that kept me extremely busy as it was! Ha! However, I also did do a few “shows” and that was “ok,” but I didn’t find it nearly as efficient ~ it could have been the area I was in tho…Since we’ve relocated, I’m looking into many options now, so open to suggestions! Thanks so much for your in~put! It’s been really helpful! and I'm really glad I found ya'll as well! Thanks for the welcome in! ~mil~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Hiya Ellise and thanks!

Originally posted by Ellise
    winnsmom
    what type of things are you selling? I know there are several inexpensive places in Texas to buy craft supplies at least there are in Houston. Let me know and I'll check with my sister and see what she can find out.
    Mostly, I work in crochet and sewing; however, I’ve done all manner of other things if they’ve been requested and I felt comfortable in doing a good job with the task! Ha! The crochet work ranges from kitchen goodies to all manner of baby~goodies to over~sized afghans; sewing from the simplest of things to full~sized bunny dolls; raggedy ann/andys {all hand sewin, including hair as well as embroidered faces and on request, custom costumes.

Any direction you or sister might be willin to provide would be great! I’m nearer the Austin area, and have read that there are warehouses around somewhere, but just unsure exactly where! *blush* Learnin the ground donchaknow?! LOL!! Thanks again kiddo! ~mil~