Who has their own, or is apiring to own their own business?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Who has their own, or is apiring to own their own business?

I dream, and plan to have my own full fledged business. Currently it's little more than a hobby. It is profitable, but not consistent yet.

My goal is to build something that my family can work at and build more. Although the kids are young, they do show an interest. Since my target market is in their age group, I've got consultants at hand. They will learn the trade. DS is learning skills currently, as are my 2 oldest girls. The youngest is only 3, but she already shows interest in wanting to help. I hope that once our dumb debt is paid off next year, we'll get the equipment we need to pursue this more seriously, paid by cash.

I did an experiment this last year, and earned just over $2k in 2 weekends on my seasonal products. Now I'm workign on ideas for year round. Also I am working with sport teams. I've been approached by a few, and may even have some adult teams next year as well.

I'm dreaming big, and planning for it. While I have competition, I've found a niche too, so I'm hoping to grow it, and use my kids ingenuity to build on it. They are already giving feedback..lol. Ds graphic art is near the point of being usable. The younger girls is usable as kid art for it, but needs lots of refinement.

Anyone else?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

you've piqued my interest.

Currently I sell adult novelties, see my siggy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

mommy4ever - what do you make? I'm curious, but you never actually say what you make.

My fiance wants to open his own restaurant someday. While the dream started out as his (and still is), over time it's become a part of my dream as well. I'll be working as a zookeeper after college (that's my dream job), but i can see myself either working with him full time or helping out part time when we open the business eventually. I love the idea of us working towards that goal and then accomplishing it together.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My fiance is starting to get quite and interest in his BBQ business
    I am planning and working on starting my own unique gift basket business

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ROFL.. Hmm... what do I make?

I've made cloth diapers, clothing, Christmas ornaments, personalized embroidery, some jewelry. I've done alot of different things. The focus is becoming embroidery, but that isn't always stimulating my creative juices. I draft and design as well. Dressmaking. If see it and like it, i can usually make it.

Here's a couple things I've made. As I said I am focusing on embroidery. I have a niche locally that does very well..lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

momm4ever- those clothes are so cute!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The clothes are adorable! WOW I am totally impressed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

love the ruffles at hteir feet, too cute!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love the ruffles as well-you do have a talent!

I am in the process of owning my own cookie business. It just seems to be taking forever to go through the legal steps. My planning board meeting is finally here-the 17th-I have been waiting a long time. My hope is that even though my residence is not zoned for a home business, they will grant me a variance.
    Keep your fingers crossed, please.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for ya yankee gal!! You have the coolest cookies ever! bet you do great!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow! You are some talented ladies!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am thinking of starting my own nutritional counseling/research company. I have a Ph. D. in Biochemistry and am looking at what else I might need to do this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have my own housekeeping business. I have been doing it about two years now and since then I have two part time ladies that help out. My client list keeps growing all the time. The nice part of this is there were really no extra cost to get started. Everyone supplies their own products for their homes so then I don't have to buy them. Word by mouth keeps the business growing. My family also helps out when I need the help. Right now is a busy time of year because of the spring cleaning. This is a business that you can start really cheap and it will grow like crazy! Also keep in mind this is very hard work because you can clean up to three houses a day or more if you have the time or energy. I only work from 8:30-1:00 which this is around my kids school hours.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    I have my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for ya yankee gal!! You have the coolest cookies ever! bet you do great!
    Thanks Missy!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I see that some are going thru the process of having a business that is legit. I have been doing housekeeping as well, but haven't gone thru the paper work of making it a bonafide "business" in the eyes of the taxman. I know they will eat 50% of the earnings for my hard work and that won't make it equitable for the time I invest. Any opinions or ideas? How are others handling their home businesses?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast