What's the most you ever made in 1 month working online?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What's the most you ever made in 1 month working online?

I'm thinking of seriously doing some things to make money online, like surveys (tried it once, but never made any real money), blogging for $$, etc. I'd like to know if anyone actually makes a real income from this. I hear about some people making $1000 - 2000 a month blogging, from AdSense and stuff like that. If I could do that, I'd quit my job!

Seriously, though, has anyone found it worth devoting several hours a day to?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jaded,
    While there are lots of people who make money blogging online, the majority of people don't make enough to live on. Especially now adays when it is getting more and more crowded.

The trick is you need to find a Niche that is not overcrowded, but is still profitable.

Also, keep in mind that blogging is a lot of work and it will be a while before you make any decent money. And most bloggers quit before they ever get to that point.

And if you don't have any web knowledge, like basic HTML, it will be even more complicated. True, you can use sites like Blogger and Wordpress and get by with no real knowladge, but you will only be able yo do basic things (which isn't always bad)

If you really want to get into blogging you need to be passionate about something, build and audience, and worry about monetizing it late.

Maybe start a free blog on blogger.com on a topic you are truly passionate about. Try and write something 3-4 times a week (but every day would be even better). Do that for 3 months straight and then you will get the idea of how hard it is. But you will also start to get some traffic. If it goes well you may want to consider trying to make some money.

In the meantime go to problogger.net. There is TONS of great info on that site, i go there all the time.

Hope that helps
    -Ross

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i have made a total of $120 in 2 weeks doing GPT's online. Just waiting on the payouts for some of the sites (some pay every 30 days, some pay within a day, depends on the site) If you want info pm me on it and I'll be glad to let you know more about them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do you still do this? Could you give me some more info on it please? thanks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've never done blogging, but I have done surveys, paid to read emails, that kind of stuff. the most I have ever made was $230, and that was a yearly total, not monthly.

I look at it as a fun hobby, maybe make a little money - but I wouldn't count on it as a source of income.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i work for a psychic company unfortunatly it changed hands a couple years ago and I make very little now. but the most I ever made there was $15,000 one month. Check out wahm.com and workplacelikehome.com for ideas

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I write content for websites and earn about $250-300 a month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last year the highest income I made in one month was $6200 and it was entirely online. That is with my little side business (which I do in addition to my regular full time day job). However, that was somewhat of an anomaly month (sign ups for study groups that started the next month). In 2015, year to date (Jan-today), I have been making approximately $1900 a month average. This is based on an average of roughly 10-20 hours a week of work.

My efforts to date have centered around these basic parameters:

1) Small (or no!) amount of money upfront on my part
    2) Able to do from home with my computer/microphone headset/items I already have
    3) Able to do with a minimal or moderate amount of learning on my part
    4) Able to be flexible with my time (I restrict efforts to evenings/weekends)

This year I am also investigating additional ideas for income, with a particular focus on passive income - things like where I would create something once (a recording, a kindle book, etc.) and make ongoing income on it afterwards. Affiliate sales are also a possibility. I am currently educating myself on them and determining where (if anywhere) they could fit into my little side business.

I've also started paying closer attention to the hourly rates that I am making and looking for ways to up that. So for instance, on an hourly rate, I can potentially make more with a one night webinar versus a multiweek study group, depending on the number of students that sign up.
    2020 Pay Off Debt Challenge: $25,675.45/$25,676.45 (Goal COMPLETED: Pay Off By 12/30/2020)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My income has increased steadily since my last post.

In May 2016, I had my highest month ever with $10,284.14 all made online and by coincidence made during a month that included a 10 day vacation with an Alaskan cruise. Now THAT is a lifestyle I could get used to!

I have been taking methodical steps in building up my business to try to even out cash flow. Those steps have been paying off.

In 2015, my lowest monthly income was $568 (second lowest was $1815).
    In 2016, my lowest monthly income was $1685 (second lowest is this month at $2551 - but I still have a week to increase that, so it will probably be July's $2647 income)

My 2015 monthly average income was $3300.
    My 2016 monthly average income is currently $4700 and I expect it to be more like $5000 for 2016 as a whole.

In early 2015 I revamped my website and set up my email list and started mailing to them 1-2 times a week. Those steps alone have dramatically increased my income.

This year I have added additional study groups. Essentially I ensure that at all times, I have a 90 minute webinar scheduled, a half day seminar, a short study group, and a big study group. Sometimes I have multiples, depending on time of year. Sometimes I have additional special events (like I am planning a huge one with ten speakers in October). But I *ALWAYS* have something to announce that is open for registration.

I am also working on building up automation tools to reduce the amount of manual labor time I currently spend on the business.

This has helped tremendously in raising the amount of money I am bringing in on the side every month.

Note that this is still a part time business with roughly 10-20 hours a week devoted to it. Unfortunately I have been so busy with things that are already bringing in money, I haven't been able yet to focus on new passive income streams. This is high on my list of things I want to accomplish this year.

Imagine how different your life could be with an extra $5,000 a month?
    Last edited by MsMarieH; 08-25-2016 at 08:42 AM.
    2020 Pay Off Debt Challenge: $25,675.45/$25,676.45 (Goal COMPLETED: Pay Off By 12/30/2020)