What do you think of this business idea?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What do you think of this business idea?

I have been thinking for quite a while about a way to make some extra money. I finally came up with something that won't cost much to start up.

I always throw really creative parties for my daughter
    s birthdays. There is usually a cool craft involved, and a theme. Everyone always says, "Oh, I could never do that." (It's really easy though, shhh, don't tell.)

I was thinking of a birthday party business, geared towards little girls to tweens. For little ones I thought of princess parties and fairy parties. We would make and decorate those fabulous cone hats with the long veil for the princesses, and the little fairies would decorate wings and wands.

For tweens I thought of spa parties, decorating eye masks and cosmetic cases. Alternatively we could do a photo collage to put in a decorative frame.

My cost going to the dollar store instead of the wholesaler would not exceed $6 per child. For a party of up to 6 children I would charge $100, with $10 per extra child. Driving to the location I figured in $10 for gas and travel time. I will pay my oldest $5 for helping. That means I will clear $50 per party, spending approx 2 hours there for set up, doing the craft and cleanup.

I know that when people do the shindig at McDonalds or the arena it runs about $150. Not a whole lot around here is $100 or less. This can be easily scheduled around my regular job.

What do you think?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it sounds great! In my area there is a HUGE market for a business like that. Best of luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think it's a great idea. I'm sure you'll do all you want to but you'll have to keep coming up with new and different ideas. I mean not every 9 year old will want to have a fairy party like her bff did.....lol. You'll do very well with it. WTG!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It sounds like an amazing idea!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Go for it!

I do think that if you include the cake and ice cream you could charge a little more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it sounds like a good idea, but other costs you may have to consider is higher rates for car insurance, they generally charge more if you are using your car for work. You may have to be bonded (think that is the word I want), showing you are trustworthy, safe to be around the kids, and you may have to carry some sort of liability insurance incase someone's princess trips over their veil, breaks an arm and they have sue happy parents. Then there is the fact that you will have income from being self-employeed, you will have to pay taxes on your profits

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it is a great idea.
    My movie night went off great. Made 70.00 for 3 hours of work.. and shhhhh Homemade pizza, popcorn and drink, with cupcakes.. probably cost me a whole 10 to make.. I also paid my daughter 5 bucks for her assistance..
    You know too, you could do theme things like cookie baking, cake decorating, pizza making,.. and being frugal you can cut corners no untrained eye would notice..ahahahah

good luck..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We did a baking birthday party for Rachel once and it was a total hit. The girls got aprons and dollar store rolling pins. I made a ton of pie crust and filling, cookie dough and cupcakes for them to decorate. The goodie bag was all the baked goods they made and it cost $30 for 9 kids.