How do you make extra money? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by MsRetro View Post
    Thank you, these sites are new to me. I've already found two books on my shelves to send to cash4books, and added them to my bookmarks in my phone so I can check them when I'm out and about at yard sales & the like!
    I really like both of these sites!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I clean houses for my landlord when he has a vacancy, and I sell AVON part time. My AVON sales don't make a HUGE difference, but usually it's enough to at least pay for health and beauty items that we need for the house (soap, lotion, etc.) and i can buy it at my cost. We also recycle cans, and in Oregon each can is worth .05 cents!! I was so excited when we moved from CA where you only got so much per pound!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I mystery shop, more than I can handle sometimes, even. I make several hundred dollars a month on average......not bad for a SAHM with a toddler!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do merchandising. I love it, and I can make my own schedule as to when I do and do it. Most of the time, I am only working 4 days a week, and I am usually home for my son when he gets off the bus at 2:30. I very rarely start before 9.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My kids and I got a paper route. We do a "weekly" paper, so we only have to deliver once a week. Right now we have about 140 papers. It takes us between 1 - 2 hours a week and we make anywhere from $10-$20/week, depending on how many ads there are to insert. It's not much, but it helps out when we need the extra money! Plus, my kids get to split half of it, so they love it!

Now that DH is unemployed, I'm looking for other ways to make some cash in the next few weeks, too!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

watch a few kids off and on

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Has anyone mentioned MyPoints yet? It's not cash but you get points that you then redeem for gift cards. There are a large number of gift cards to choose from. It does take awhile to get enough points to get a card -- there are varying levels, but we use them for eating out, buying books, massages etc. If your looking for large, steady income this isn't it -- but it can provide an occasional treat or luxury.

How it works is that you get emails and then you get points for visiting websites. You get more points if you buy or sign up for something but you often get 5 points just for looking at the site. You can also get points for signing up for various free things. The only time we buy anything to get MyPoints is if we were going to buy it anyway.

I've also tried surveys, but most put your name in a drawing for the money. I never won, so I gave up. I did have a couple of surveys that paid $5 but most do the drawings.

For any online money making activity I would get a free e-mail account that I used only for that type of thing. That way you're not cluttering up your personal e-mail with a lot of advertising, survey notices and the like. That's what I do and it works fine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I average about $35-40 per month by doing online surveys. It could be more, but I just don't have time to do all of the surveys that I get. I have a list of the companies I use if you would like it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I teach piano lessons. I do online surveys. I am the musical director for the school play, which is a stipend position. I also serve on a committee at school, which is also a stipend position. And finally, I am the 8th grade class advisor, which...can you guess? Is a stipend position.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by nesta67 View Post
    I average about $35-40 per month by doing online surveys. It could be more, but I just don't have time to do all of the surveys that I get. I have a list of the companies I use if you would like it.
    YES PLEASE!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now that I am no longer working full time, I am taking in clothing to be repaired or altered. I am making anywhere from $20.00 to $60.00 a week so far mainly by hemming or lengthening slacks and pants. I don't know how long this will last, but at least for now, I am making some extra money to buy any little things that I may want.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I usually try to pick up extra hours at work

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just took a job as a companion to an elderly person. I cook, do house chores and run errands. It doesn't pay as much as my other job does but I enjoy it and every little bit helps.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm trying to make a little extra by selling things here in our FREE marketplace!

[ame="https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?p=862206#post862206"]Mamapreneur Marketplace -- let's promote it! - Frugal Village Forums[/ame]

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do housekeeping for extra money.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast