How do you make extra money? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    cmu
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nesta67 View Post
    I average about $35-40 per month by doing online surveys. It could be more, but I just don't have time to do all of the surveys that I get. I have a list of the companies I use if you would like it.
    I'd like that list too!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I teach private piano lessons in my home and I do sewing alterations on the side. I don't advertise. People I do sewing for do my advertising and pass my name along. right now I have 3 men's suits to alter. ( all extra $ is welcomed here)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I babysit a little boy every other week

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've got a full-time job with the USAF, so overtime doesn't make me any money unfortunately.

In the past, I've done work out of my garage on people's vehicles. Head gasket repairs, engine swaps, transmission swaps, etc. This house we bought has a 48' x 28' garage so I'm hoping when I'm settled in and have my house finished up inside, I can start pulling in some side money doing that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm getting ready to launch a quilting business. We're hoping that will bring in some extra money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pinetreefarm View Post
    I home school 2 girls full time and 2 boys part time. It brings more income to us and I have write offs on income tax. We are retired, so extra income is always nice.

Pine

I love this idea! I'm thinking of hiring someone who is retired to homeschool my kids in the future (our first child will be born in 4 weeks .

I do landscape designs from home for landscape companies and my own clients. Y'all would be shocked at how much I've been blessed to make per month, and mostly part time. Of course, I do have a degree in landscape architecture, but wow is it ever nice to only have to visit clients 2 mornings a week and stay home most of the time.

Could y'all maybe start some type of business from home? I got fed up with the low pay I was getting working full time for a landscape company, so I decided to go out on my own and make 4X's as much. That's what I think is so cool about Pinetreefarm's post. It's a very creative idea to make extra money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I make a little extra money by going to yard sales, thrift stores, goodwills etc. and finding old vintage t-shirts (old baseball t's, band tour t-shirts etc) and sell them on e-bay!

Someone mentioned a site called secondspin on here to sell old cd's, movies and games I went through all my old items and sold them to the site and made $70.00 this week so far!

Dot
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I work part time at a card shop. I work about 15 hours a week....the store is only blocks from my house....I get a 30% discount on anything I buy in the store...and I get first crack at any clearance items. I'm very careful what I buy there...because the point is to bring home as much of my paycheck as possible.

Now and then I sell on ebay, amazon, and vegsource (homeschool items).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Question on writing for magazines?

Hi,
    Which magazines do you write for and do the pay well?
    I love to write but just don't submit things to magazines very often.
    Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I search yard sales and thrift stores for hidden treasures and then re-sell them on Ebay for a profit.
    Most people don't know what they have...and sell off their "junk" for next to nothing....they don't realize...almost EVERYTHING is some kind of collectable!
    1 example:
    .50 cents for a Lenox dish set at a yard sale...
    sold for $45 on Ebay.
    Got lots of stories just like that!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

During baseball season, I am one of the official scorekeepers for the league and get paid to keep the books. My DH and DS#2 umpire for extra income and DS#3 works in the concession stand and makes income.

Off and on, I sell on eBay and I sell my college textbooks when I am done with them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

AmyBoz~ *lol* You sound like my mom .. she does work shops, state test question writing, teaches teachers to teach ( if that isn't funny i don't know what is hehehe ), Preps kids for SATS, does after school study hall, teaches GED kids, is a tech advisor, and works a summer center. ( workaholic she is she is)

PennyWise~ i have heard of people doing this and making a lot of good money... its sad that thats about as close as the US is going to get to Bargin Hunters ( one of my Fav BBC programs.. its on at 2 or 5 am when i am usually feeding Ellen *lol*)

We used to have a booth at the local flea market and we sold All natural Homemade Lye soap i made and Joe worked with leather. It finally got to much with me working and pregnant and joe going into a wheelchair for me to lug things back and forth so we stopped doing it. Made pretty good money though.

We also sold the same products online, the soaps sold better then the leather online but the leather sold TONS better then the soaps at the flea market. ( basically because trying to find someone around here to do leather work is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack and if you find one they will make you a custom peice but they will tell you what they will do.. Joe made what ever the customer wanted however they wanted it and charged decient prices... Needless to say his fantacy rocker cuffs sold the best)

I would like to re-learn how to sew and make odd and end projects to sell (which would cost less to ship then soaps.. they get bulky and expensive to ship fast !!), but with a new baby i haven't even had time to finish out her quilt ... its still sitting there pinned up and ready to put the edging on it but i haven't gotten there yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I found a reputable company to work for
    from home. I definitely get out of it what I put into it. There is no such thing as quick/easy/fast money but I do think that when I have done barely any work, the amount I get is still extra/nice. I also never have to meet any quotas. Find something you believe in too- and it will make your work more fun and enjoyable. Best wishes! danceinabook.com

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I babysit about 2 days a week and I also sell Avon. I would like to do online surveys, but don't know any good ones.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now that we are post-recession, does anyone have any work-from-home ideas? Unemployment is still very high here, so a lot of the ideas already suggested I'm not sure if they would work here. I've looked around for part time jobs, but they're all in telemarketing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast