Would you/have you...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Would you/have you...

Would you sell your wedding dress? I've been married for 7+ years and I really don't think I want to keep my wedding dress. It hasn't been preserved properly and I don't want it to be ruined. I still have all my beautiful pictures of my wedding, you know, back when I was skinny and there is no way I'm every going to wear it again.

What would you do?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd sell it but that's just me. I tried to sell my first one when I was still married to my ex. I have the photos and that's enough for me. I know people who have had their dresses made into christening gowns for their babies or teddy bears. THose ideas always seemed more practical to me than hanging on to my big dress!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I sold mine after my divorce. I did want to keep it in case my daughter wanted to wear it when she got older.

I did get quite a bit of money for it that paid for things that were needed at that time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I dunno. It was also the same dress I graduated from high school in. Read: Not a traditional wedding dress, just a regular, nice looking dress. It is the only dress I own, so I probably wouldn't sell it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I still have mine......23 years later. I didn't preserve it either like I should have so I'm not sure that it could be cleaned and that it would look like it did all those years ago. I guess I held on to mine thinking if I had a dd she could possibly wear it. I did have a dd but at almost 21 she has no plans to marry anytime soon.

Registered User northernmom2boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am selling mine as soon as I figure out how much o ask and where to put it up for sale.I only have boys no girls so its just going to sit in teh closet forever

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will never ever sell my dress. Its specially made for me and I love it. This reminds me though, I really need to get it cleaned (its only been 7 months but I really need to do it!!!)

Good luck with your decision.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wore my mom's wedding dress I honestly don't have a clue were it is right now, but no....I wouldn't sell it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm keeping mine and having pictures of me in it with my horse done about 2 months after the wedding by a photographer from out of the province who is looking to do "cool different stuff" to expand her portfolio!!!! YAY for free cool pics!!!! LOL
    I don't kow what I'm going to do after that. I might sell it...because I think even if I did have a daughter, they wouldn't want to wear it (LOL think 27 Dresses-type butchering) and I can't really see keeping it hanging in the closet...have to see after the wedding I guess!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am thinking about selling mine, its that time of year a lot of june weddings.. I thought about it once before and changed my mind. I wonder how much a I could get for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I sold mine, I have 3 girls and I didn't want them to feel obligated to wear mine because I saved it. My parents were against my getting married when I did, I went shopping for my dress with my mil. When the time comes for my girls to get married I want the experience of shopping with them for their perfect dress.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my wedding dress is 37 yrs old. I had cleaned after my wedding. None of my dau's were my size to wear it again. I looked at it a few years back and it was a mess...lace full of holes, satin turned yellow. Keep it for a few years and see if your friends could use it..then sell it. My SIL cut hers up and made memory books for her daughters.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I actually got it out and hung it up last night. It sill looks great, not yellowed or anything, but it's so tiny!!! I can't believe I was ever so small! lol It was a size 6 and we had it altered because it was too big. Oh, how I long for those days.

I'm going to sell it. I guess I was feeling guilty for not feeling more sentimental about it. I'll pass the dress on, and keep the hubby. Thanks for the imput!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default TBS27

I was just curious could you post a picture of your dress?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh yeah, sure. I'll do it this evening after I get home from work. It's beautiful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast