I am going to slap her! GRHHHH
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry I am going to slap her! GRHHHH

My client is killing me. I have already ranted about her once before but I feel the need to do it again.

I was suppose to paint her bedroom last Saturday but she told me it wasn't a good time. I didn't make childcare arrangements. She then calls one Friday to ask me if I was coming on Saturday. GRH no I can't come I have no one to watch the kids...

So we reschedule for me to do it this coming Saturday. Fine. Well she just called me and told me she had another job for me because she already painted the bedroom herself.. WTH? She now wants me to paint her bathroom. Hum, I didn't know I was a painter. I thought I was asked to decorate a bedroom. She says she will give me the same pay we agreed on for the bedroom. Heck I think she should have to pay for the bedroom anyways because she is the reason I didn't come the first time we agreed on. I should have asked for a deposit from this lady.

So anyways It looks like I am doing a bathroom now. I think its kinda silly because this bathroom is the size of a closet. Fine by me if she wants to pay me to paint two tiny walls. But it's gonna cost her because I need all the money that we already agreed on and I don't think its fair for me to loose out because she decided to do it herself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ann,

Gosh I am sorry, if I were you I would ask for payment up front, since it seems like she cant make up her mind, who's to say she wont say Well you painted the bathroom, etc., etc., and since the bathroom was so small I want you to paint and decorate another room in exchange.

Make sure she knows what you are doing, you might also want to have her sign a contract... you can make a simple one in MicroSoft Word or something and make sure you mention an amount and for what room.

On that note, wanna come to PA to help me paint/redecorate my spare bedroom into a primitive getaway room? I can offer you food, a place to stay and possibly a small amount of money

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear that Ann....some people are so inconsiderate sometimes!! I hope it all goes well for you this weekend

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tracy, you have a spare bedroom? I am so jealous. Right now my dinning room is my computer/sewing room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't understand why you are still doing this...she is obviously not keeping her side of the agreement. WHY are you allowing her to treat you this way? This is not a job. There is no money changing hands, right??? Do you really think she is going to pay up in the end??? I think she's made it pretty clear that she is just using you....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow--she sounds like a nutjob! LOL. I'm sorry you're going through this. If you don't have a written agreement, you most likely have a verbal agreement that you would do the bedroom for x amount of dollars. She's not holding up her end of the bargain. I would go ahead and do the bathroom, but I would ask for some of the money upfront OR just know going forward (with other clients) that you need to have a written agreement so that you can still make the money that was promised to you.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You poor thing, this woman is just trying to walk all over you. I agree that you should ask for payment up front just in case she changes her mind again. Has she paid you anything yet? I'm so sorry your first client is treating you this way. At least you are gaining some experience. Some things are trial and error.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbug View Post
    I don't understand why you are still doing this...she is obviously not keeping her side of the agreement. WHY are you allowing her to treat you this way? This is not a job. There is no money changing hands, right??? Do you really think she is going to pay up in the end??? I think she's made it pretty clear that she is just using you....
    ouch, that hurts. But I understand what you are saying. I am doing this because I am desperate. At this point we are in real danger of loosing our home.

I am going to go paint the bathroom tomorrow and I expect her to pay me then and there. If she should choose not to pay me then I will just have to keep and sell the items that I have that belong to her. I have some nice fabrics that she picked out. At that time I will have with me a contract that I am writing tonight for the remainder of the job. If she doesn't sign it as is and or wants to make changes its over .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ann,

I know I would NEVER treat a friend this way, a deal is a deal, written or verbal. I would ask for payment since you have been working so hard and trying to make her happy but have that contract in hand tomorrow.

As for a spare bedroom, yeah I do... it's a computer room/sewing room/weight room right now until DH takes apart the weight machine and brings it downstairs in the finished basement GOSH I CANT WAIT!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

(((HUGS))) People can be so unbearable at times. I do hope things work out and she pays you for the job.