do you ever feel depressed? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I take Celexa after years of 'oh, it's ok, I'm ok, It'll go away soon' for about 40 years. Don't wait as long as I did to get some help. Depression turned into anxiety so bad, it gave me a 4 day panic attack, eventually. You do not wanna go there.

And yes.......it IS all of the 'little stuff' that adds up to being depressed. The little things cause stress that builds and builds and while it's building, it is wearing down your 'normal' levels of Serotonin (for lack of a better explanation). The meds add it back and you feel better--after a couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

cab54 you are exactly right little thing does wear on the serotonin. The brain is made of 3 chemicals serotonin is the downer one, dopamin is the happy one, neuroepphrine is the neurotransmitters. moods are to roll like gentle hills if it goes up to much to much dopamin, drops its really low. this is bi polar. When it is depression your ser. drops and can't quite make it up thus the anti depressants.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oheoh's momma--yeah, I have years of experience with this. Plus my DS25 is working on his PhD in Psychology, so he schools me. LOL!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have S.A.D. and life is hard when it's not warm and sunny outside. I don't really get depressed at any other time except for winter and around my birthday. I feel like things are changing without my control and it sucks, but unless I flip the entire world upside down, it won't go away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a bad one Yesterday..but good friends helped me throught it..Guess it is the holidays..

Registered User pop goes the weasel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My thinking is that in this day and age there is so much stress. single mothers working and supporting their kids or tryng to find a job, health problems, the weather, even everyday b.s. that you wouldn't think would matter. It all builds up until it brings you down. I used to be on Lexapro but it didn't help at all and with no insurance ( another stress) I can't afford alot of the drugs out there. Some of mine come from my thyroid running wild up and down. Be sure to have your dr. check you out thoroughly to rule out medical problems or drug interactions. Some of those so called helps actually make depression worse. Sometimes just sitting in a quiet place and relaxing will help too. This is of course just my opinion.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I forgot I posted this.

I am happy to report that the depressed feeling is no longer with me. I do feel like I'm at a point of change. Like MauiMagic put it, looking forward to a new adventure in life.

I've been trying to just sit with my feelings lately, not to get overwhelmed. This past weekend I planted my garden and I put a pretty pot of flowers right next to my door so every time I go in or out I see something pretty. Believe it or not this works wonders for me.

I hope everyone who was feeling down is starting to feel better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Painting my toenails makes me happy so whatever makes you happy glad you are feeling better. Little things do weigh on you. Hugs penny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12