do you ever feel depressed?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default do you ever feel depressed?

yesterday morning it seems like my 6yr old hit every button I have.

That fight with him seemed to escalate rather quickly into total depression for me. I ended up dropping my son off early to my ex because I just couldn't shake the mood. We both apologized to each other and hugged and kissed and I love you's were exchanged. And I spoke to him later in the day again making things "better".

I think the fight triggered it but by all means, it wasn't that big of a deal, not to the point of depression that I was feeling.

After I dropped him off I went for a hike, which helped but I still don't feel "right" today.

I have a few small things going on in my life but I really don't see how all of the small stuff could add up to this feeling. Especially since I had a great Friday night and Saturday with friends. Did alot of laughing, spent alot of time outdoors, hiking on the beach and picnicking. Then yesterday happened. I don't get it and its really starting to bother me.

Have you ever gotten to a point in your life where you feel like something is changing in you but you're not sure how, what or why? I feel like that!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Totally can relate - sometimes one changes themselves to adapt to whatever life has thrown at them. Its normal to get caught up in it all and be the best you can be and put others needs ahead of your own. Are you missing an activity you used to do before you had to change your life to 'adapt'? Try to add it back into your life again - maybe not as grand of a scale if it was a big thing though. Or maybe take MORE time for you w/o any guilt.

Hope you get outta your funk soon *hugs*

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Is this a kith? If so, I belong.

I do have to admit, the beautiful day yesterday sure did help.
    ~Russ

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Judy,
    I've read that the very first sign of dehydration is irritability and I've found that to be true for me. Drinking enough water makes an unbelievable difference in my mood. Since you were hiking the day before, maybe you just needed lots of extra water.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dehydration...thats interesting. I started working out during lunch last week, the two hikes on the weekend and I worked out today. I'm drinking water now but I know I'm not drinking enough. I'll keep an eye on that...that sure would be a easy fix!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, that definitely happens to me too. A lot of the time I can't point a finger at what exactly is bringing me down, or shake it. Thankfully it doesn't ever last long. I wonder if it's a perimenopausal thing?

HUGS to you & hope this funk disappears quickly! Oh, and drink extra water - good idea!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

unfortunately I can relate all too well..... I am so sorry you are struggling, it's really the pits

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you ever have reason to suspect you have real problems with depression, I strongly urge you to look into getting help. Mrs. Inkstain suffered from it for probably 10 years, which meant I suffered indirectly. She's getting help now and the difference is amazing for both of us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugal is fun View Post
    yesterday morning it seems like my 6yr old hit every button I have.

That fight with him seemed to escalate rather quickly into total depression for me. I ended up dropping my son off early to my ex because I just couldn't shake the mood. We both apologized to each other and hugged and kissed and I love you's were exchanged. And I spoke to him later in the day again making things "better".

I think the fight triggered it but by all means, it wasn't that big of a deal, not to the point of depression that I was feeling.

After I dropped him off I went for a hike, which helped but I still don't feel "right" today.

I have a few small things going on in my life but I really don't see how all of the small stuff could add up to this feeling. Especially since I had a great Friday night and Saturday with friends. Did alot of laughing, spent alot of time outdoors, hiking on the beach and picnicking. Then yesterday happened. I don't get it and its really starting to bother me.

Have you ever gotten to a point in your life where you feel like something is changing in you but you're not sure how, what or why? I feel like that!
    I don't know how long you've been divorced, but I was always depressed when "handing the kids over" no matter how great of a time we had just spent together. Its a goodbye, goodbyes don't feel good. Some days you may be able to handle it without a blink of an eye, other days it can hide in the depths of your heart brooding. If you were down for other unknown reasons, this was one more "downer" on your emotions. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was in therapy for almost 3 years when I was going through my divorce, the before, during and after. I felt great all last year and with the winter I felt really down again so I did meet with my therapist in February. I do have a great relationship with my therapist and I know all I have to do is call her and make an apt.

If this continues I will definitely set up an apt. just the swiftness and the severity of this took me by surprise yesterday as other than the argument with my son, "nothing" happened to bring this on. At least nothing that I'm putting together.

As the day goes on and I'm working, taking my mind off of it, I am feeling better but thank you for all of the support.

Registered User Droppedonmyhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have just always chalked it up to my hormones being askew. But that is just me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes I have issues with depression and some days are hard. I take celexa. My daughter senior year in high school hubby lost job,no unemployment,in Oct. Mom died in Nov of lung cancer I sat with her everyday until she died. When my daughter turned 18 she drew Social security and paid our bills like a little grown up. Our son road a bike across country in Feb got hit by a car in April in Kingman Az about died. $300000 plus medical bills . I kicked my daughter out 2 weeks before gradation she did not come home for a year and half and I worried my self sick. My daughters prom night major car accident this happened before I kicked her out. My favorite uncle went missing the night before daughters prom. My husband went into the crisis unit found out he was bipolar I told him so. I do not know how I held it together. But I have not been the same since. Also have anxiety

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Judy, I need to address your concerns first - absolutely I get depressions that tend to overwhelm - but they don't last forever. And the feeling of change coming but you don't know what - not uncommon, just unsettling. I've gotten to the point to when I have those feelings, I see it as a new adventure coming my way. Going to see a doctor is not a bad idea at all, especially if the depression continues. Increasing water intake is critical on many levels!!

Oheoh's momma - my head was swimming just reading about all that you've had to deal with in such a relatively short time. I greatly admire your ability to perservere through it all.

To both of you and anyone else needing the prayers, hugs and aloha that I am sending out - please know that you are not alone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've got panic disorder which I'm on prozac for... Also used for depression.

It's like night and day for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am also on Prozac. Starts taking it after my divorce and what a difference. I went from crying every single second to getting my degree and handling my life! Depression is not a sign of weakness. It is a sign that you have been trying to stay strong for too long. Hugs and I hope all turns out for the best!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast