Prayers please, DH pain issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Prayers please, DH pain issue

So last Wednesday my husband hurt himself when he ws bringing home a new to us furnace and he brought it home from work. One of DH's coworkers "helped" DH put the furnace in the truck, needless to say it was DH lifting furnace in a more akward position. Anyways, on Thursday he started to feel some pain in his lower left stomach/groin area. Well it has gotten worse, he had a fever last night (of course I can't find a normal thermometer since our move in May!), and his pain got worse. I tried to talk him to go to MedExpress last night and he wanted to hold off until today (our local ER will recommend you to go to MedExpress for x-rays and so on- that's why we are headed that option). Last night was rough with DH tossing and turning, burning up, eventually he fell asleep (only to have to work 10 hours today). He probably got about 3 hours of sleep (of course that's what I'm running on right now- I'm so scared for him!). Anyways- we are pretty sure he gave himself a hernia from lifting that furnace, we will be going to MedExpress (even if I need to drag him), and hopefully he won't need surgery (which is sounding it may be that because his fever). But of course, we have no insurance and he is our bread winner, and I have been looking into getting a job with benefits but having no luck, we have a little in savings- which is/has been drained for remodeling our home.

I am so nervous about his health right now, IF he needs surgery, we will be in serious financial issues since he would need to have time off work to recover (knowing my DH he would go to work the day coming out of surgery- I would insist he recovers though!), we maybe have the funds for 2 months mortgage, then a little towards medical, but that would be it! I do receive a little money every 2 weeks from unemployment, but I don't care about the implications of no health insurance right now (I know it's going to ruin us financially), but I am mainly concerned for his health.

Any prayers would be greatly appreciated right now! Thanks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dear Steelergal, I'm sorry to hear it and wish you and your husband a quick recovery.

If it turns out to be a hernia, you may want to check out physiotherapy that's dealing specifically with back problems. A colleague's early hernia could be cured by a change in posture and lessons on how to lift things/put on socks/etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, DH boss sent him off to MedExpresss, they don't believe it's a hernia, they think it maybe testicular tortion, and sent him to the ER. My DH does not want me to go 'Cause there's nothing you can do for me!'. I am getting sick to my stomach over this waiting at home garbage, I am thinking IF I don't hear from him in an hour or so my daughter and I will be going to the ER to see what's going on...

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad the boss sent him out to seek treatment. If he doesn't want you to go give him awhile...sometimes people deal better in medical/pain situations without the family there. I know this from my own personal experience.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hugs! I'm glad to hear he went in. I really feel for you! Sending prayers. I know you are super stressed waiting. Men can be so stubborn sometimes.

I have a dh off work right now ( until at least the 26th / injured last week) because of someone else carelessness at work resulting in my dh getting clobbered with 200+ pounds.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hope it is something relatively minor and that he is feeling better soon.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

so sorry hoping for the best outcome w/ you and him. I guess I would just go down there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am sending up a prayer...keep us posted...
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!
    From $78K in debt to debt free and purchased a house and used car with 100% cash...God is sooo Good!!!

Goals:
    New to me vehicle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sending up a prayer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So sorry to hear about your DH steelergal. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way! Praying that he will be alright and will recover quickly!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hoping to hear....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

prayers hoping for it to be minor the waiting is the hardest part hugs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you everyone for the prayers! Praise the Lord- the prayers help tremondously!

Shh- don't tell my DH that I am giving you all an update! So we really are still not sure as to what happened- he has no sign of infection, they did a sonogram on him and they did not find any issue. The doctor was thinking that it may be (forgive my spelling) epidiminus? He was giving a prescription for Cipro (just to battle off any possible infection), he needs to make a follow up appt with a urologist and a regular doctor. He does not have a fever but still has pains. So this is going to be a very expensive issue if they don't get down to what is going on (MedExpress $115, did not get a bill yet but a person we know went to the ER over the same issue and has a bill of $2500)- BUT I would rather be out of a couple thousand dollars opposed to tens, or hundred thousand dollars!

Upon further research, it is caused by either STD's, bacterial infections, straining from over lifting (which I am 100% positive that's what it's from), too much caffeine (which is possibly a great contributor!), and a few other things.

Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Praise the Lord!! Thanks for updating us!
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!
    From $78K in debt to debt free and purchased a house and used car with 100% cash...God is sooo Good!!!

Goals:
    New to me vehicle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Glad to hear an update. Don't let him guy out of it. Make sure he gets the followup too. Hugs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast