Depression Support

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Depression Support

Lots of people in our village battle with depression and I've been toying with the idea of having some sort of on-going support.

I have asked Sara if this is ok. I'm not altogether sure how it would work though (always useful when starting something new LOL) I only go to 12 step meetings myself?

But I'm sure we could work something out together and as long as we are open minded things can always be changed.

Basically I'm just thinking somewhere where we can share our experience, strength and hope with each other on a more regular basis.

I only really know the programme that I work obviously and I'm willing to share - but it would need others to share too for a deeper understanding and 'other' ways of recovery.

If for any reason it wasn't helping we can always stop too - so I figured it must be worth at least 'trying' for anybody that is interested.

Please let me know your views anyway and hopefully we can build from there - or not as the case may be? If you would rather mail me privately that is fine - there is a link to my e-mail on my signature.

Much love
    Bev. xxx

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm very interested, Bev. I think it is a great idea to share together. Posting about how I felt, 2 days ago, has helped alot not to persist with a black cloud over my head...It has helped me to get along with my day with the generous support of everyone here, at FV.

Why don't we have a check in, like in the healthy life program? Or a chat every week just about coping with depression? We could refer links of helpful articles, web sites...Just a few sugestions.

I trust you have very good ideas too. You could tell us about your 12 step program? I have no idea how that works.

Thanks Bev for your great idea! BTW I am feeling suprisingly fine and could say happy, today. I have a hard time to believe it...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great idea-everytime we are able to share our feelings with others,it opens a door to undestanding and knowing we are not alone. That is an important step in any illness or condition. I know that it is difficult,if not impossible, for many people, to share feelings face to face.This site always finds a way to make my day a little brighter

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lucie ~ it is wonderful news that you are in a good space today (((hugs))).

I'm not sure how the check in works as I'm not part of the LFL programme? You'd have to explain that one to me.

I think helpful links is a great idea - I think anything helpful is a great idea!

I am open to all suggestions for this support group as I say I have my programme that works for me and that makes me quite 'closed' I guess. And I'm trying to keep in mind that we are all different and what works for one is not necessarily right for another - that's why the more people that show an interest - the better for us as a whole.

I am willing to share my recovery here but I'm trying to think of the best way of doing it. I also have some great articles that I will try to edit and reproduce and some of my favourite helpful books suggestions.

I don't mind doing whatever the majority wants - maybe a weekly planned 'thing' would be great - for info and support and to remind everybody we are still here but also not to make it so it's not 'Monday' so I can't post LOL.

I'm going through my recovery in my head at the moment to think how it can be of best help to others and when I've posted, I'll start looking through my printed info - There are also LOTS of great sites around covering lots of recovery issues as lots of people have issues with 'other' recovery as well as depression (I know I do!) I also know some don't - before I'm told LOL.

I'm very excited about this venture and I hope we can build something useful for our family at the village.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

gemmbp - Thank you also for your support - you posted while I was typing, I didn't ignore you