am in some hot water now
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default am in some hot water now

hi -

I opened my home to some people who were friends of my bf. They started to rent from me and went to dss i signed a letter stating they were paying rent. My heart went out to them they came here with 100 in their pocket and i offered a couch. 2 years later they are paying rent for a finished basement. I didnt report it i am an idiot. I lost my medicaid now i know why. I feel so stupid and ignorant for this to have happened I also have a friend who needed a room and she also needed a letter. I can't afford the home as it is want to sell it and do something with Jack. Get a smaller house or rental I don;t know which. First i have to report the back rent to the irs and medicaid. I am overwhelmed and unable to sleep ; I closed my credit cards and am with greenpath debt solutions have a car payment back taxes owed already for a withdrawal from an annuity my dad left( was for repairs to the home, of course i did some spending I wont lie.) I am currently attending 12 step groups OA and AA and going to add DA im not sure. I haven't missed any payments but iknow i really screwed up. I wasn't intentionally trying to buck the system I honestly was trying to help these people but i have hurt myself in the process. I have the annuity i was thinking of using some money to pay down the debt and maybe the car payoff i am almost to the halfway point of the car being paid off. I owe about 11000. I also have 12000 in cc debt. owe the IRS 2000. I eat my feelings or shop my feelings etc...I also have schizo affective bipolar type which has been literal hell for the past 30 years. I may sound really stupid but i have been ignorant to the way the world works. It is not an excuse and I have to put on my big girl pants and grow up. I have my kids they have tobe my priority, I have my sister she is a lawyer and is trying to figure out the next steps with me. I am trying to put together a workable budget, I am working part time for a family I make 300$ a week, I could add a couple extra hours but not too much as with the disability the 15 hours I work now have been manageable. I have finally stabilized after years and years of multiple hospitalizations and I feel like ive been thrown into the fire. I dont hate myself though, thank God and want to make this right somehow

thankful for anyone actually reading this

Patty

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Patty- So sorry to hear of your troubles. I'm glad your sister is helping you navigate the complexities of the situation. I'm not familiar with how any of the Medicaid/IRS works and the reporting. I hope that if you decide to use the annuity (I assume there is a penalty to cash it out?) to pay debt, it helps alleviate some stress.

I don't know the dynamics of your home and age of the kids, but are the renters moving out? You mentioned selling the home. Is there a way to keep it at all? I don't know that renting a place is any cheaper, but maybe a relative might be able to take everyone in until you can get on your feet again...

I wish you the very best in this tough situation. Know that we all make mistakes and with help/advice from people in the know, I'm sure there is a solution that will help decrease debt and let you feel better about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you..Im just scared .I submitted a letter to the NYS of health...stating that she helped with some household expenses but I think I messed upeven more with that. I am desperate as I am running out of medicine and have no insurance...I went to a DA meeting last night have a lot of hope. I'm not kiciking anyone out, They did not intentionally do anything to hurt me or my case I just again am getting desperate

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It worked out! Thank God everything is ok I qualified for health insurance, paid my premium. I prayed so much the last few days...

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So glad to hear that, thanks for letting us know!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was wondering about you and how it was going! Glad to hear that things have worked out and you've got your insurance back! Medicine costs are so scary without insurance. Praying for you! You are not alone. You can always come and vent here, sometimes just getting things off your chest can be so helpful. I had never heard of DA but I googled it because you mentioned it. The timing for finding out about them is so good. I will pass this DA info along.