Christmas Cookie Swap Recipes
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Christmas Cookie Swap Recipes

Every Christmas the ladies on my block do a Cookie Swap.
    It works out pretty well as there are 12 ladies that always participate.
    At Halloween we all submit what type of cookie we are making so there are no duplications.
    We all bake 13 dozen of one type of cookie and then about one week before Christmas we get together at one house and bring all of the cookies and a decorated, labeled box to carry them all.
    We all unload our cookies and then each take a dozen of each variety and pack them in our own boxes.
    Then we each pop open a dozen (the 13th batch) of each of our own and have a cookie & coffee party.
    Then we go home and have a nice assortment of cookies to share with our families over the holidays.

So anyway I thought if any of you do something similar, you might want to share cookie recipes.
    And even if you dont do a swap it would be a nice place to look for and share cookie recipes.

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is the cookie I am making this year.

Almond Foams

MAKES ABOUT 4 DOZEN COOKIES

This cookie calls for only four ingredients, is quick to put together, but requires a 45-minute baking time to produce a dry, crisp cookie that literally melts in your mouth like foam.

1 cup whole blanched almonds
    2 large egg whites, at room temperature
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour

Preheat the oven to 225ºF.

Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.

Grind the almonds in a food processor until very fine and transfer them to a medium-size bowl.

In an electric mixer whip the egg whites until they are foamy. Gradually whip in the sugar, a little at a time, until the egg whites begin to form peaks and appear shiny. Whip in the flour a little at a time. Fold the nuts into the egg-white mixture until they are well blended.

Use 2 teaspoons to spread small rounds of batter onto the parchment paper, spacing the cookies about 1/2 inch apart. They will spread a little. Or fill a tipless pastry bag with the batter and pipe out 1-inch rounds.

Bake the cookies without opening the oven door for about 45 minutes, or until crisp. They should remain pale in color.

Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheets, then carefully remove them from the parchment paper.

Note: These are perfect to serve with fresh fruit, ice cream, or sherbets.

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

mmm that sounds good!

I just put my favorite recipe on a different thread. labelled ' I have a new favorite recipe'

christine

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I co-host a cookie swap every year. Last year I made chocolate covered cherry cookies, and they were so well recieved I decided to make them again this year. I found the recipie at allrecipies.com, I really like this site, the reviews and ratings make choosing new recipies easy.

We try to keep our swap to 12 people, but this year we will have about 14. We have a $5 grab bag, and have the women pre package their cookies in dozens instead of the round robin type of exchanging. If we continue to grow in #'s we are considering 1/2 dozen incriments. We also make extra for the table.

My cookie swap is Friday this week and I made 1/2 of my cookies yesterday, popping them into my freezer. By doing this it makes the baking a little easier. My grab bag is bought and wrapped and I am looking forward to seeing all our friends that attend.