Do you have a traditional Thanksgiving
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Do you have a traditional Thanksgiving

dinner with all the trimmings??????? Or does your family give thanks is different ways?? Would love to hear how everyone celebrates the upcoming holiday?????

We are having a turkey dinner at my house this year. Normally we all go to my parents house and then to my dh's mom house, but this year since we have done so much to our house, we are having it at my house...I am real excited to have everyone here and not have to run, run, run all day!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Traditional with all the trimmings and then some. It's at my parents as always. I had it one year and Mom hated it because her house didn't smell good! We always stop in to dh's mom's and visit, she is invited every year to go with us (or come here, we would stay home and I would cook) but she doesn't want to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am having dinner this year at my best friend's house, she and her family will have Christmas dinner at my house..... That's how we've done it for about 3 years now.... We are far away from family but have a pretty traditional faire......

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Usually we go to my parents' house in PA for Thanksgiving, but now that Kathryn is in school, it would be too much to go. We will be going to Dave's cousin's house this year for a big Thanksgiving day dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We rotate every year where to do since DH and I are from divorced families and have 4 different homes we could go to.

This year I think we are going to my mom's. We have the whole family...uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. We watch football and eat, eat, eat! My mom loves to cook way too much food! Noone will go home hungry.

Sometimes we stay home. When we do this, DH cooks just for us 5. I plan my shopping for Friday and Dh and the boys watch football.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a traditional dinner at my place with my Mom, Dad and FIL

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob mylittle4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we are having friends and family over and will have a huge traditional dinner. My best frien and her husband are from out of town and staying the weekend so we will be crafting together, and getting some shopping done at the sales.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We swap up each year as to who's house we go to.We're going to Steve's aunt Net's. There'll be about 14-16 of us there.We have the Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner with all the fixins.
    I'm in charge of the ham this year..... We need a 20 pound ham.I can cook,but always afraid to cook something so big and something everyone likes...afraid I might mess it up LOL
    Don't want a dry ham ya know LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We do the traditional dinner with all the trimmings. My Mom isn't really able to do it anymore and since I'm the only one that lives near them, I do it at my house now. I figure we'll have about 25 (including kids) here. I'll be cooking the turkey, potatoes, green beans, bread, also will make pink stuff and salad and a relish dish. THEN we'll pig out on my homemade pumpkin pies (frozen crusts, secret recipe off the back of the can of pumpkin!) and whipped cream. Gosh I'm full just thinking about it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't celebrate with family (too far for us and them to drive). We do have traditional dishes combined with our personal favorites.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I make the same thing every year - but we like it - we have turkey (baked - I don't like those deep fried ones) a ham (the kids like to put all of the cloves in it and then baste it with the brown sugar & oj) two kinds of stuffung, two kinds of potato, broccoli and cheese sauce, corn, asparagus hollandaise, Cranberry sauce ( homemade) rolls, ceasar salad, four desserts - choc truffle cheesecake, pumpkin pie, apple pie, and pecan pie and we make a little tofu turkey for my mom cuz she's a vegetarian. We used to have to do T-Day for my family on the night before cuz Bob's (Ex) family didn't like my family but now we have it on T'-Day and the kids have early dinner over at Bob's family and late dinner with me and mine!! It works!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We do the Traditional dinner at our house. I do all the cooking. My mom and step-dad come, and then the three of us, so it is a small gathering. I like having the left-overs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my house, just the four of us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, when we are home we go to my mom's family, my dad's family, dh's mom's and then his dad's. Yes, all on the same day! It's so stressful.

But since we have been overseas I have cooked for us. Last year we had some friends over, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Even though there's only two of us, we always have a traditional Thanksgiving. We do invite friends. Our families live away and I think it's important for us to have something traditional. Plus we LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE turkey! Mmmmm. I make it all by myself and I really enjoy doing it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast