I'm going to make my Thanksgiving Stress Free this year..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default I'm going to make my Thanksgiving Stress Free this year..

I will be hosting this year and most likely several more holiday's for years to come...Since I'm not working anymore I'm going to make all my side dishes ahead of time...which is something I normally do but would only be a few sides if I'm not going to host because I normally would be working.....even when I do try to make things go smoother by cooking ahead (when I host) then there is the "trying to keep all the food hot" by the time everything is presented on the table...I was in Walmart the other day and when I first walked in the store I noticed that they were selling a 3 crockpot warmer unit for $39.99 (I would buy two unit's)..I'm think that this would save me from soooo much stress! I would able to enjoy myself with the family plus this can be used all year long.. I think this is gonna be such a good investment!

I hope maybe this will help you also?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by brenda67 View Post
    I will be hosting this year and most likely several more holiday's for years to come...Since I'm not working anymore I'm going to make all my side dishes ahead of time...which is something I normally do if I'm going to host because I normally would be working..but it would only be like one to two dishes...even when I do try to make things go smoother by cooking ahead then there is the "trying to keep all the food hot" by the time evrything is presented on the table...I was in Walmart the other day and when I first walked in I noticed that they were selling a 3 crockpot warmer unit for $39.99 (I would buy two unit's)..I'm thinking that this would save me soooo much stress from not being able to enjoy myself with the family..Plus this can be used all year long.. I think this is gonna be such a good investment!

I have been wanting that 3 crockpot warmer unit for a long time. Now, that is a good price. So thank you for mentioning this. I will be getting one for me to use. I think you have decreased my stress tremendously. What do you plan on cooking for thanksgiving?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The warmer sounds nice; I will probably go out to Wal-Mart and see what they look like. I probably won't cook much for Thanksgiving, though - DH has to work and will be eating there. (I *hate* that he works Thanksgiving but that's just the way it is - saving vacation time for a trip we have planned for later next year.)

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How neat! Looking at it (googled)I like how each crock has it's own setting and if you really want to make your day easier, I suppose you could use those "liners" in the pots too. Enjoy your hot food & guests!

Last edited by Darlene; 10-26-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by brenda67 View Post
    I will be hosting this year and most likely several more holiday's for years to come...Since I'm not working anymore I'm going to make all my side dishes ahead of time...which is something I normally do but would only be a few sides if I'm not going to host because I normally would be working.....even when I do try to make things go smoother by cooking ahead (when I host) then there is the "trying to keep all the food hot" by the time everything is presented on the table...I was in Walmart the other day and when I first walked in the store I noticed that they were selling a 3 crockpot warmer unit for $39.99 (I would buy two unit's)..I'm think that this would save me from soooo much stress! I would able to enjoy myself with the family plus this can be used all year long.. I think this is gonna be such a good investment!

WTG Great minds think alike. Monday my DH and I were at Walmart and bought that 3 crockpot warmer to use for the holidays and special occasions to make holidays alittle easier. That thing is heavy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't seen those warmers, but they sound interesting. I am a huge fan of prepping everything I can before a big dinner, and most side dishes work perfectly for this. Planning + preparation = an enjoyable, low-stress day!

Have fun,

Kara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My mother in law has one of these and she loves it. She hosts a lot of dinners and holidays and it is so helpful and convenient.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ive always wanted one. I keep eyeballing them too. We don't cook in large volumes or host enough meal related gatherings to warrant buying one plus storage is another issue. But that one or two meals that we do host - its huge!

Maybe I'll be revisiting this discussion with DH Thanks for the reminder!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Heads up, the price has been rolled back online to $34.99 (GE one, correct?)and you can have it delivered free to store at that price.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thank you Darlene...I just ordered 2-units for a total of $73.44.
    I checked other online stores to see if there was a better price and couldn't believe how high some of the other stores are almost double in price..HUGS..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

More time to rest after eating a massive Thanksgiving dinner---yum yum !! I like your ideas !

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
    Heads up, the price has been rolled back online to $34.99 (GE one, correct?)and you can have it delivered free to store at that price.
    Yes it is I was at a walmart in Washington, PA and then the one in Triadelphia, WV.
    Hello Darlene

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

they are advertsed in the kmart sale add this week for $49.99 here so that is a great deal

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My BIL and Sil host alot of parties and they invested in one to. They always have appetizers at their parties and they started using it as a nacho bar to for some occasions. Cheese in one beans in one and meat in the other. More formal dinners it still gets used for side dishes.

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a great idea! I will have to give my walmart a look and see if they are any left here.

I think I could get some use out of having one of them for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast