how do you decorate your table for Thanksgiving?
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default how do you decorate your table for Thanksgiving?

Just curious what others do. I try to have a clean tablecloth and my turkey candle holders out. It's just DH and I.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I usually have too much food, and not enough room for a centerpiece or anything. So just a candle in the middle.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We clear the table off - seriously. Thats how we know something's going on when the table's been cleared

Dad uses the kitchen table as his spot to eat and then his office so there's no room for anyone else unless a holiday meal is being hosted at our place then that table gets cleared. Too small for both place settings and decor.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Generally a fall table runner and candles.

Halfway between the Wolverines and the Spartans
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm like Libby...you know it's a holiday when we clear the table! Dd does nearly all of her schoolwork there, and we tend to leave it piled up except for special occasions I usually pull out the holiday cloth napkins and tablecloth, though not always...it's just the 3 of us, and we're pretty informal, lol!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I usually hollow out small pumpkins or gourds to create "vases" for fall flower arrangements and votive candles.

Pumpkin Vase with Flowers | Step-by-Step | DIY Craft How To

The children's table is covered with white roll-out easel paper and stocked with crayons, and decorated with some sort of fun paper craft. In the past, these have been a huge hit...

Turkey Coloring Book Place Card | Step-by-Step | DIY Craft How To

I enjoy setting a beautiful table, especially in the fall when there are so many great natural materials to play with.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I go all out kind of! For several years now it has just been the kids, dh and my self for holiday meals. Unfortunately both sets of Grandparents are gone now, we use to do huge family gatherings and now we can't. I try to create a nice atmosphere for the kids (although they aren't little anymore, dd is 26 and ds is 19) just to make it a little extra special. Right now I have a leaf cutout table runner with a big cornucopia full of flowers and gourds along with candles in glass beaded vases. I do the whole charger plates with plates I got at Walmart that have pretty sayings on them......thankful, blessings, home, family.....As far as having room on the table for everything, I put out all the food on the kitchen island and we take our plates in there and fill them up and then we go out to the table to eat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a pretty table runner. I usually set up buffet style in the kitchen so the table has plenty of room. This year I might get some fresh flowers for the table.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use either my good china or my mother in laws. I pull out the silver flatware she gave me. I have several platters etc that were my grandmothers
    or gifts from my mom and some DH gave me as gifts or we found while flea marketing. We set the table pretty formal, but simple. I drive dh and my folks nuts, but I love having the dishes that have so much family history I know it sounds odd, but its like having the loved ones with us by having the little tokens. For example the silver flatware was my mil's she received over 40 years ago when she married & my grandmothers cake platter is at least 50 years old. She saved the stamps for ever my mom told me until she finally had enoughto get the crystal cake platter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~For now, just the food in pretty leaf shaped dishes and leaf napkin holders(just took a dollar store leaf garland and cut them into loops).
    Eventually, when the kids are old enough to serve themselves, I will probably do like CPA-Kim and decorate the table more and just have condiments and the relishes on the table and everything else on a buffet. I love candles and gourds on the table, with a pretty fall runner underneath and freshly gathered Autumn leaves and pine cones scattered around.
    Maybe I'll try to sew a runner this year for the table and look into getting some flame less candles. Why should I wait to have the pretty table I love?~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I go all out as well. We have two tables; kids table and adults. It makes it so special. Table cloth, center piece, lots of food, and love Don't forget the football on tv

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

we don't eat at the table.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by freebs View Post
    we don't eat at the table.
    We don't either. We don't even have have a table. No room. LOL!!! We didn't eat at it when we had the room for one.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I put a runner or a platter on the center of the table and scatter some glass votive or tea light holders with lit candles and arrange greenery cut from our hedges and yard. I like it because every year is a little different and it is low so it isn't distracting. If I want to be extra fancy I will use fresh cranberries and nuts in their shell too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by nuisance26 View Post
    Maybe I'll try to sew a runner this year for the table and look into getting some flame less candles. Why should I wait to have the pretty table I love?~
    If I can suggest checking out your dollar store. They sell flame less tea lights all year round which are white but the Halloween ones are orange, which now are on clearance. I saw them 2pk/$1 now vs $1/each (each pack has 2).