Thanksgiving .. What Are You Doing or Cooking For The Day
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Thanksgiving .. What Are You Doing or Cooking For The Day

Thanksgiving is almost here. Less than 3 weeks. What or where will you be going for the day? Do you have a traditional meal planned or what will you be serving / cooking?

Oldest daughter will be here from Tennessee and there'll be us three. We're invited to the nieces house where she'll have a big meal probably NOT traditional. Daughter is driving down so don't know what time she'll be here or what time we'll get to the nieces. I don't know what side to take yet because I don't know what she'll be doing food wise. She likes to be different

I'm planning on having some odds and ends fixed for here too to eat on for a couple days so that'll make more visiting time. I usually do a few desert type things .. cheeseball etc. I will probably fix either a turkey breast or small ham. Sides I haven't decided yet.

Where will you be going? Staying home? What's your meal day plan? Throw some ideas out there
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will be working don't know what hrs. yet..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last year I stayed home made my own thanksgiving meal and watched hallmark movies and decorated for xmas.... it was wonderfully relaxing.I am thinking of doing that again this year.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm ordering in....traditional turkey dinner. I'll make a few desserts, nothing complicated. I have at least three, maybe four coming.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made reservations for hubby and I at a vacation destination that is just over an hour away from our home. Had a buy one night second night free even! Last year I was home alone after being sick and LOVED it. Spent it with my cats and played with the neighbor dog in the yard. I was missing hubby by the end of the day though( he went to his family's, we both agreed on this) so this year was to be spent with my family. They live half a mile away so it isn't like I don't see them more than enough! So at age 46 I am finally doing what I want to do for thanksgiving, not what I HAVE to do because it is expected. No stress family crap for me. Also not going to spend 100 dollars for the 2 of us at the thanksgiving buffet......I am veg and hubby doesn't really care about the whole turkey thing. Thinking I will do a veg lasagna in my 1 quart crockpot with meatballs in my mini crockpot for hubby ( no micro at this upscale resort.....guess they want you eating at their resturants) along with garlic bread and ceaser salad. I will make a pumpkin pie to take but that will be the only traditional thing. I can't wait!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh & I will be traveling to PA to visit my son. I will take pumpkin pies - his favorite. DS does not like turkey so I will be making lasagna. We go every other year & it is alway so relaxing with out a crowd. He just broke up with gf so it is just the three of us. We usually do a little shopping & a lot of hanging out, watching movies. I think I will take a couple jigsaw puzzles.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I plan to spend it quietly alone in my apartment. It took years to convince my friends I really meant it when I said I preferred that. I'll probably just be cooking an ordinary meal, or even eating leftovers. Something easy. I'll have (probably) nine days off work, so it is going to just be a relaxing, do whatever I want to, time.

I bought myself a treat for the day though - a Marie Callender razzleberry pie to pop in the oven. I told myself firmly that I did not need a pie - the whole time I was putting it in the shopping cart. Now it's in my freezer, waiting. I'll be very glad I didn't take my good advice.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mmmn, pie.

TDN, we have vacationed twice over Thanksgiving. The first time we rented a shack on the Florida Keys and ate turkey sandwiches. The 2nd time we went to London and didn't even think about Thanksgiving.

It is just the two of us, and I will do something traditional. I have a whole turkey, DH will probably fix it and leave the sides to me. I bought one of Aldi's apple, orange and cranberry tarts already. That was really good last year. I haven't thought about it very much.

My kitchen remodel should end this week, then I can get my cookware and stuff put away and start planning more.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Halfway between the Wolverines and the Spartans
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're staying home, just the 3 of us. I ordered a fresh turkey from a local farm, so we'll have that...pretty traditional. Normally we'd start decorating for Christmas, but instead we have to start packing to relocate. Weird year here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is my first married year in Denmark, and my inlaws are coming over from England to celebrate. I'm making nutloaf and gravy, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cornbread, pumpkin pie, apple pie, and cinnamon ice cream. I can't wait!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're in for a casual day at home, as I prefer and we do most years. My other family members are terrible at sorting out plans before it's down to the wire, so I have no idea if my brother or father will be joining us. Dad is welcome to bring his girlfriend if he wishes as she's lovely, but I kind of hope not as that would raise the stakes (house has to be more 'perfect', food has to be more 'perfect', I'd have to actually put on decent clothes instead of relaxing grubbies....). My brother doesn't know his holiday work schedule yet though as usual he is invited for whatever holiday he cares to make the 4 hour trip down to our place.

We'll have turkey (free from hubbby's work), boxed stuffing (I don't make homemade), sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce (I plan to try a crockpot recipe from Frugal Girls that sounds divine and easy), a Paula Dean corn casserole I adore, mashed potatoes, rolls, and gravy. We'll have a ton of leftovers, no doubt. Not sure about dessert yet. I grabbed 2 frozen pies on sale for $1.99 each this week, but I may make something (pumpkin cheesecake?) It depends on if we have company or not, I suppose. I far prefer my homemade desserts but sometimes easier is better and just popping something in the oven sure is easier.

I tend to do 'appetizer' lunch around 11 or so to hold everyone off until the big meal. I'm thinking pull-apart pizza bread, spicy buffalo chicken dip and chips, stuffed mushrooms and veggies and dip. The diet is sooo out the window on Turkey Day. It's my favorite holiday, and while I'm not going to stuff myself silly, I am not worrying about it for that one day. I will spend the day before prepping all that I can so there's not so much to do on the 'big day'.

It's time to think about what movies we might order from the library for the day. Maybe we'll catch the parade if it's online somewhere. It just occurred to me that without cable, I'm not sure how we'll watch that and the kids enjoy it. I'll have to see if it's possible for us to enjoy it this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

Well...........IT IS GOING TO BE NUTS AT MY HOUSE!! The "DR HATERS" (Dave Ramsey haters) my parents are coming...so I have to practice my "ignore them" skills when they start asking why I don't have the newest/greatest this or that...Laughing... anyway...They are coming along with my sister ( she is cool with whatever) and my brother in law ( he is also cool with whatever)...

We will do the traditional turkey ( sis will bring that), homemade dressing ( a friend at work said she is going to have too much so she offered to give me some YIPEEEE!!) , mash potatoes+ gravy- I will make and I will surprise them as they WILL be LOW fat, green beans from my garden, cranberry sauce- canned which sis is bringing as I can't stand the stuff, large fresh salad from my garden, rolls- Mom will bring. I will pick up a frozen pumpkin pie from wally land.

By the way Mom is already talking about going shopping on Friday and asking about the stores which will be open. I told her I was NOT going shopping ( see my signature to see why)
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!
    From $78K in debt to debt free and purchased a house and used car with 100% cash...God is sooo Good!!!

Goals:
    New to me vehicle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Holidays are very low key for me. My mom and I decided we'll go out for breakfast and then maybe catch a movie.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are going to an elderly aunt's house. I plan the whole meal and bring all the food (and some of the pans) and I cook also. It is a pain in the neck. But, she is losing her memory and there won't be too many more years where she will remember things. She just loves us all coming over and doing it all at her house. It makes her happy, so I do it. I guess she brags to all her friends about us all coming over and bringing everything and cooking and all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My husband is likely to be still in rehab. If his brother has T-day, I'll go over there. Otherwise, I might make myself a steak or something like that - I don't cook steak that often, so will indulge. If hubby is home, I might get one of the Butterball frozen smoked turkeys - it is really very good, and not too large. If I see fresh turkey thighs at the market, I'll get one of those. They are the perfect size for the two of us. And a bottle of champagne just for myself. Need to start checking the sales....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast