Are you planning for Thanksgiving yet? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our tradition is pretty typical with roast turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, homemade yeast rolls and pies. I usually make apple and pumpkin pies.

We usually end the evening by watching a Christmas movie to kick off the season and the tree also goes up that week.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Has anybody seen cranberries in stores yet?
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

no but prob. after Halloween. We just canberry it because Dh is a texture freak. He got mad at me when i tried to make homemade and when I got the canned whole berries.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes, We have them here at King Soopers, they are $2.00 a bag,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I saw çranberries at Aldi's two weeks ago & was surprised.
    This is our year to go to PA to visit son. We alternate every other year, having Thanksgiving at home (ohio) for all our kids & grands in odd years. Even years we go to PA. I pack everything. I will take turkey breast & a crockpot to cook it in. Potatoes for mashed, two kinds of cranberry, pumpkin pies & boxed stuffing. Because my DS thinks he doesn't like turkey, I premake at least one, if not two homemade lasagna(s). I usually make homemade rolls ahead too. I have homemade jam to take for him also.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love the idea but we are just not close of family. Add to it in-laws I just won't tolerate any longer as they don't give a damn about anyone else so just avoiding them for any reason....Had to limit the damage from their problems actually. Becomes a problem when rest of family is still sucking up to the in-laws and in-laws are nosing in on ALL the outings that should just be immediate family. I really have no place with any of these people any longer and not even left so I could support myself any longer due to in-laws decisions and fact they really have NO interest in ANY well being of anyone else. Tried to move away from this area but could not get to city far enough away yet. Small towns around here are VERY hostile to some trying to relocate so just is not a good option.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love the idea but we are just not close of family. Add to it in-laws I just won't tolerate any longer as they don't give a damn about anyone else so just avoiding them for any reason....Had to limit the damage from their problems actually. Becomes a problem when rest of family is still sucking up to the in-laws and in-laws are nosing in on ALL the outings that should just be immediate family. I really have no place with any of these people any longer and not even left so I could support myself any longer due to in-laws decisions and fact they really have NO interest in ANY well being of anyone else. Tried to move away from this area but could not get to city far enough away yet. Small towns around here are VERY hostile to some trying to relocate so just is not a good option.

Still have the live close enough for a while to have group come home from holidays and regular gatherings calling me names and threatening me for a while longer yet. Ears burn for days before gatherings.... Will make some new holiday traditions somewhere else but will be a couple years yet. Glad I can financially support myself living elsewhere and blessed enough to get work right away when I move from this economically depressed city.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday, even when I was a kid. lol I never cared for the traditional Thanksgiving food and since becoming a vegetarian in my 20's, I like the holiday even less. The last few years my family has been going out to eat instead and so far, so good.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanksgiving has always been a favorite of mine. I love the food and people coming together to share and eat. I grew up with cranberry sauce and cranberry juice all year long and I love it. I make turkey and stuffing other times of the year too.

I like to hear about how other people celebrate also.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I have went from dreading Thanksgiving this year to getting excited! My dad is battling cancer and set to have chemo Tuesday if his white count is high enough....and ended up with Bells Palsey last week! My family is not doing a meal together this year. Hubby and I have done our own get out of town thing the last 2 years and planned to spend thanksgiving with my family this year so I have been bummed. Father in law moved in 2 'onths ago also so crazy life here. My parents are a half mile away from us so I will be going over as I do everyday to walk my dads big dog. I will be taking them homemade rolls, few slices of turkey for my mom( dad hates it) and a slice of pumpkin pie for my mom, mini blackberry pie for my dad and a mini cheese cakes for both of them and my niece. My youngest niece will be there thanksgiving evening to eat beef stew and rolls with desert with Pops. So besides doing that I have a full day of cooking planned here! Just 3 of us but now I am thinking that might g really fun and relaxing.....no extra house cleaning since we all live here! I am doing a turkey breast, stuffing, mashed baby red garlic potatoes, gravy ( from a can) homemade cressant rolls, cranberry sauce, roasted or baked yams, and a homemade green bean type casserole which will prob have other veggies, homemade sauce and those yummy crunchy onion things! Making one pumpkin pie, mini blackberry pie for my dad and mini cheesecakes.(6 in tiny Keebler crust I bought and the rest no crust). Doing something different for us and eating the big meal later in the day so I don't have to get up early and cook and relax all day. Will make a hot breakfast casserole (half recipe) and have freezer zuc muffins to bake up fresh. Lunch will be probably to many appetizer type things (deviled eggs, cheese spreads and crackers, salami, artichoke dip, smoked salmon, veggies etc) then we will eat a sit down meal about 5:30 and have pumpkin pie a few hours later. We don't sit down at the table much anymore since father in law likes to sit in his recliner but he will do it to make me happy and might even use my Gramas China. Getting excited for a relaxed day....being able to take my parents some home baked treats and will no doubt be running down the road to socialize a few rescue kittens and my friends house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12