We're celebrating Thanksgiving amid a pandemic. Here's how we did it in 1918
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default We're celebrating Thanksgiving amid a pandemic. Here's how we did it in 1918

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...ic/6264231002/

"More than 200,000 dead since March. Cities in lockdown. Vaccine trials underway.

And a holiday message, of sorts: "See that Thanksgiving celebrations are restricted as much as possible so as to prevent another flare-up."

But it isn't the message of Thanksgiving 2020. It's the Thanksgiving Day notice that ran in the Omaha World Herald on Nov. 28, 1918"

An interesting look back at the previous pandemic, and the history we seem doomed to repeat.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Indeed! Doomed to repeat the past. I'm seeing it already
    I wonder if my work will have to shut down for a couple of weeks after thanksgiving. People are coming in from out of state to visit my boss! She's already elderly and recovering from a car wreck a couple of months back. BUT, if I were in my 70s and reasonably likely to die of something in a year anyway, I might do the same. One of her daughter's has it now and the boss is supposed to be home due to the car wreck but STILL came in to the office to sign paperwork. SHe's a super extraverted person so I think this is all really hard for her.

I prefer t-giving alone and this is the first year I have not, so far, had to fend off a dozen invitations from people who think I'm a sad spinster.