Why can they not make underwear to fit us?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Why can they not make underwear to fit us?

Have you tried to purchase bras or panties of late. A friend and I went to Walmart, Zellars and a number of stores looking for them and the shapes they now make them are for teens and those that aren't shaped quite like us.

Why can they not make more mature clothing in this department for us "third agers".

She came out empty handed and so did I.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CJ, I know what you mean. I recently went from a 38C to a 40C in a bra, and you'd think I was on a different planet! I found 1, count em 1 bra, in that size and it isn't even comfortable! They are all in underwire and I HATE underwire bras!

So I add and an extension on my old ones and keep looking!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have to order panties from Lane Bryant. Even so, I have some pairs I call my "Women Eating Panties". I swear, they dig into my legs like they are trying to take a bite out of me! My bras, I have to pull the straps up till they leave ruts in my shoulders. That's so the bra can hold my boobies up! They are heading South! I'm not sure if the underware companies aren't making garments for "Mature Bodies" or if our bodies aren't built to be in underware anymore. Of course, can't imagine not wearing any! LOL

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oooo, I hate underwires too--they leave bruises on my ribs!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i have had really good luck at our pamida. but i am full figured. what gets me is when they put a 44dd bra with a pair of size 6 panties. hmmmmmmmm not my size. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I spent 4 hours bra shopping last month

and finally overcame my modesty and asked a saleslady for help. I found the most comfortable bra I've ever worn.

I weigh 220lbs, and my bra size is 40 DD. I HATE underwires but they are the only styles so far that hold things up and in place so to speak.

What I bought is by WonderBra and it's in their PLUS line and the model # is 1991. It is marked medium support underwire but it's the most comfortable well fitting bra I've ever had.

It's an almost pure cotton knit with a touch of lycra. It IS an underwire and for the first time, I can't feel that I"m wearing one, nor are the tops of my wires poking out front like a third one in the middle making me look deformed. The wires stay put, they don't poke my underarms either.

And this fits properly underneath. Most bras in the larger sizes aren't shaped properly. If I go to DDD they sag on top and still don't hug underneath, kind of leaving the bra riding on a tidal wave of me, not holding things in or up properly.

I don't quite know how to describe it except that I can hold a pencil, actually several pencils WHILE WEARING MOST BRAS.

Nothing but nothing fit right since I put this weight on.

But this one is like wearing a comfy old Tshirt and it still supports me properly.

Oh and the shoulder straps are wide enough and with some extra padding or something because they don't dig holes in my shoulders.

Hope that helps. It may just be I finally found one that is shaped like me, so it may not help anyone else but just in case you are bra shopping, try one of those on and see if it fits you too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Walmart has the worst undies I think. I like target though, and I think if you go with a good brand, you will be happier and they will last much longer.