What more can I expect?
    Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob Karla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question What more can I expect?

I really think I'm at least pre-menopausal and I'm wondering what else is comming my way?

Right now I'm going thru sleepless peroids, I'm moody, fine one minute then peeved the next...yes also some bedroom problems...and times when I'm either warm or freezing.

What helped those of you who've gone thru this...and what more besides the bad hot flashes is comming?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a hysterectomy at 46. I know what you are going through. I think the worst for me was the hot flashes and mood swings. I did have something called "busy legs" for a while. I would go to bed but, couldn't sleep because I just couldn't keep my legs still. It felt like the feeling you get in your legs when they are falling asleep. Haven't had that in a long time though. I think every woman is different. I have friends who have had no signs of menopause at all. Other women have a really tough time. Ask your Dr about HRT or a natural hormone replacement. If you ever need to talk about it, feel free to IM me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a hysterectomy a year and a half ago, at the age of 41, so I was thrown into menopause immediately. I had all the above and then some, and I still have 1 ovary. This last summer I had hot flashes so bad, there is no way they could have been called hot flashes. I called them heat waves. They would last between 3-15 hours!!!! It was horrid. I couldn't get anything done. Lately I only have them occassionaly.

My mom had a hysterectomy at the age of 36, she is now 68 and still has hot flashes. Like Kathi said every woman is different. Talk to your doctor if you feel you need some help. I can't take anything because breast cancer is so previlant (sp) in my family. So I guess I'll just learn to live with it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I also had a hysterectomy 12 years ago, left me with 1 ovary, a year later the hot flashes came along with some severe depression...I really don't want to go thru that again. I'm not sure I want HRT, I've already had a cancer scare and not sure I want to take something for that reason. I just wondered what more was comming my way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I too think every woman is different and I would talk to my family doctor and my gynocologist to see where you can go from here.

For the hot flashes (I had a few and thats all) I drank a full glass of orange juice and they were gone.

Not every woman needs to have HRT, some can go the natural route with great success. The best thing to do is get information from the medical field for both natural and NRT and then make an informed decision based on what you feel is best for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Guess I'll have to get to the doc, although I'd rather do anything else than go to the doc.