How to survive till/past 65! - Page 11
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Presently, I am struggling with a serious dilemna in a family situation. Prayer is urgently requested for all involved. Thank-you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Things seem to be reaching a crisis point.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Things are worse.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

Whom Shall I Fear [God of Angel Armies] [Lyrics] - YouTube

Yes, things are much worse, but it doesn't matter. It's only temporary, after all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lately I've been reminded that life is a crucible...with the divine intention that we be refined in the process.
    When the worst things happen, and the things you built in your life are lost or stolen or destroyed, and the attacks come from within and without, and there's not much, if anything you can do about it all .
    except react...then that is the time to know the very depths of oneself, and to surrender it all to God.
    And keep on doing the possible and pray that God will do the impossible.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

Peace In The Storm ("Cornerstone" worship video)

Scroll down halfway to click on the song.
    Thanks for praying friends...I'm better now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate 1971Remastered + Lyrics. - YouTube

To make a long story short, for the past few months just about everything that can go wrong has gone wrong with my life.
    (It's as if all hell has broken loose against me...and maybe it has.)
    And my emotions have been running their course in various reactions to all of it.
    Mind...soul...spirit...body...things I can do...things that didn't work...other things I can do...

With all of this going on, something else has been happening. My inner core is reprogramming itself again...values redetermined, purifying of oneself, strengthening of purpose. And I have a long way to go.

Bless you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't get on much..but I do try to keep up with this thread. prayers for u hope u are finding a new normal...

I am in the process of this now...funny how so many things that I thought mattered, don't......

U are helping me too see how I want my life to be....u really are one of my hero's......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Presently, I am struggling with a serious dilemna in a family situation. Prayer is urgently requested for all involved. Thank-you.

My thoughts are with you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still no resolution to my big troubles, but I am just taking things one day at a time.

Got up early this morning and did a bit of cooking while the air is a bit cooler. That always gives me a bit of a lift...to see the fridge fill up again with edibles. I used up everything that was lurking there in the fridge, and now have soup, lemon-tea, rice pudding, hash browns, lean ground beef, water, boiled eggs and salad fixings prepared for meals. And I cut up a pile of bargain-bin bananas (got a fantastic deal last week) and froze them on 2 cookie sheets. Later I'll bag them and have them ready frozen for milk-shakes or banana bread.
    There's still 2 bunches of celery in the fridge which I'll use for potato salad and celery soup, and some potted celery plants. I plan to cook up a big pot of potatoes, and save the potato stock for celery soup. And while I'm at it, I'd like to bake some bran muffins and maybe a lemon pie (but that might be too ambitious).

This morning, I also managed to sort through my bottom kitchen cupboard, and filled all the glass jars with dried foods. I need more cereal ingredients so I can mix up a basic porridge mix.
    My raspberry patch has netted almost 1 full jam recipe of berries so far, and I'm saving them up in a plastic tub in the freezer compartment of my fridge, and just waiting to pick off the last few and then I'll make a batch of jam.
    The slugs got my lettuce, and every morning on the patio I go slug-hunting and kill off about 15 slugs while I have my tea. My tomatoes are doing nicely: I saved the seed from the tomatoes I buy at the grocery store in winter, and I had a good yield on the cluster-tomato variety, as well as the Tumbler tomato, and my Sweet 100's are just starting to produce now.
    This year, I managed to salvage enough black currants from my bushes to make almost a jar of jam; seems like every year, the wind and heavy rain knock them down before I can harvest them.
    The grapes are forming nicely, and I will pick them when then purple blush begins to show on them, instead of waiting for them to ripen on the vine. Otherwise, the robins always get them before I do. The Valiant grapevine makes the most delicious grape jam I have ever tasted, if I do say so myself.

The problems I've been having this summer have been coming hard and fast and have to do with my health, my tenancy, next door neighbour aggravations, and multiples of family sorrows. DS1 has again had to have another amputation, but hopefully now he will heal if the surgeon dealt with it all this time. There are other serious troubles too heartbreaking to tell, but we are trying to find our way through them.

Those of you who have also lived life for a good long while are probably going through quite a few troubles of your own, and all I can say is that we are all human and have to go through many of these struggles and sufferings while we are here on earth, and may God help us as we go through them, because sometimes they are enough to finish us off, when we are getting older now and more tired. So hang on, my friends, hang on. We're all in this together.
    Thank you all for your prayers and support; you are my heroes!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If we hold on to our faith, we will make it. Thank you for posting.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The new property manager and the troublesome neighbour have both made my summer an awful ordeal. The neighbour installed his air conditioner to vent onto my yard and into my unit doorway, 4 1/2 feet away from my front door, instead of on his own yard from their other 4 windows; so the constant heat and humidity pumping into my unit doorway have almost killed me (heart & lung), and killed all my flowers and plants below it; the neighbour wouldn't listen to reason, the property manager responded to my concerns by giving me a written eviction warning....thereby destroying my excellent 35 year tenant-reference. I've lived out the summer so far, by using my back door only, and only air the unit with the windows on the back of the house (I'm allergic to air conditioning, due to the copper coils, so I don't have one myself). My unit and basement now smell of mold and algae, there's a green cover of algae growing across my outside front doorway area walls, and this will go on till winter. This spring, when the new director said they wanted me out, I didn't realize they would go to these lengths to drive me out. Most of these units are usually unrented, with repairs going on for months or years, so I can't figure out why they want to push me out; I still maintain my unit well, in addition to my beautiful garden and yard, as well as being self-employed. It's irrational and tyrannical government bureaucracy!
    I've been feeling angry about it all, but now am learning to cope better. Growing up, we never had it easy, and Mom cooked on a woodstove for a large family in a small kitchen. I have been trying to remember every practical coping mechanism I know of in order to cope with heat stress, and one of the things I've been doing is to bake and cook food very early or very late in the day, rest as much as possible, and I've been working on my sewing projects...altered lots of pairs of pants and some blouses for good wear and work, so at least that's a plus, and it helped to get my mind off my aggravations, and I have somethig positive to show for the summer, not just feeling infuriated about this crazy and unnecessary heat stress imposed on me by people like this. The old director would never have done such a thing, but the new one is proving to be both incompetent and callous. It's been a very hot summer, with a lot of heat waves, and I've suffered and suffered; may God deal with them accordingly; they are both so heartless.

I'm sorry for complaining, but it's the reality I'm dealing with, friends, and I'm working my way through this whole mess one step at a time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finally had a chance to visit the family members this week, and provide some input and practical help there. I now feel better, though the long-term and ongoing stress and distress impact has been awfully hard on all of us.
    Thanks for praying; I am now seeing some progress in so many areas.
    DS1's amputation is now healing well; and he still has lots of feeling and mobility, though lots of shooting pains in his nerve fibers. The family crises at last reached a head, and now the necessary authorities AND supports are involved; Oh Thank God! So things are more hopeful now.
    Grey hair is hereditary; you get it from your kids...also insanity.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast