How to survive till/past 65! - Page 5
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Incognito,I am thinking of trying green onions in the kitchen, they say they are the easiest to grow..and I have a black thumb... so I thought I would try....

Turkeys are very expensive were u live..I know this week is Canandian Thanksgiving..I am hope to get mine for 1.19 a lb....and we will get a butterball..

I have never had beet cake...we love carrot cake here..I made a carrot cake last weekend it was yummy...

I don't have a lot of money to spend this it will be tight but we always get through..

as a new Christian I am finding it hard to spend time with the Lord..housework, the dogs, the cats, and the kids..I set my self up a prayer corner away from the tv I find my self sitting there more and more..

I am also under conviction I can not watch certain shows with out feeling it is not right..I love Anne Rice books and I have 4 new ones to me that I have not read..and I can't..I have thrown them across the room..and certain rock music I can't listen too.

no short shorts or tops that I used not think were to low cut..I find that are...

ugh....Bless u my sweet friend

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Love reading your posts incognito and what a fantastic price for a turkey! I am glad you were able to find one. Would it be possible to post your recipe of the beet cake? I am intrigued by it and would love to give it a try.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

Deb, I'll bring my cookbook along next time, and post that 'Beet Cake' recipe. It is so good!!

Oheoh's momma, I really appreciated reading through your post. Right on! Have you ever read this book, "Conversational Prayer". I find it really helps to pray conversationally, whenever and wherever I need and want to. And I hear what you're saying about conviction... and taking out the trash. WTG!
    Spiritual warfare...Book of Ephesians.

I had such a nice walk enjoying nature on Sunday. I just took my cane along, and meandered where I felt like going; the Canada geese were gathering and flying in small flocks, and when I was struggling along down a hill, they were flying up the same hill, and their wings whizzed a few feet right over my head. What a great time, enjoying the autumn colours of green, gold, red and orange on a perfectly still day, beautiful sunset, while wearing 2 hats and thick gloves and a windbreaker so I wasn't bothered by the chill air. Greeting people as I walked along, giving directions and advice to tourists, resting by the waterfall in the park, watching the squirrels dash through the piles of leaves, viewing the town from the top of the look-out tower. But on the way back, I came upon a pile of scattered goose feathers from a wild-animal kill, and reached home before dusk.
    The beautiful days continue here...we've had quite a few in succession, so I'm now storing them up for the winter days ahead.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks incognito, I would appreciate it!

Sounds like a lovely fall day. I am glad to read your turkey was delicious! Happy Thanksgiving!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Incognito that sounds like such a lovely day.....our fall has turned wet and dreary.the leaves are just starting to turn and I am afraid we will lose them with all this rain...

today I got to hot from cooking supper and I took my cuppa tea to the patio and set..it was chilly and the sky was gray and I watched the clouds move..

I think we will have wet winter...and I need to pick up a big bottle of Vit. C

hugs and God bless

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here's the recipe, gals:

Beet Cake:
    (a large cake; batter is pink, but bakes to light-brown colour with beet flecks)

1 cup cooking oil
    2 cups white sugar
    4 eggs
    1 tsp. vanilla

2 cups grated raw beets (medium grated, not fine)
    1 cup crushed pineapple with juice, OR grated apple, OR applesauce

3 cups flour
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1 1/2 tsps. cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. allspice
    1 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat oil, sugar and 1 egg together in large bowl. Beat in rest of eggs 1 at a time.
    Add vanilla. Stir in beets and pineapple (or applesauce).
    Add remaining ingredients. Stir to moisten well. Turn into greased and floured 9x13 or larger cake pan.
    Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 min. or till an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
    Serve with or without frosting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thank you so much incognito! I was thankful to see that I could substitute pineapple for something else as I am allergic to pineapple so thank you for including the substitutions. It sounds yummy! As soon as I pick up some beets, I will try it and let you know.

Have a wonderful evening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

"Laugh Again": (Truth Bringing Laughter to Life)

"Get Rich" by Phil Callahan

Broadcast Archives | Laugh Again

ENJOY!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quick update:
    I've been busy; finished crochetting a pair of slippers and now have warm feet again.....aaaaahhhhhh!

Indoor garden doing ok: onions are growing faster than I can eat them...a good problem!

Was able to finish October with a balance of about $8 extra dollars in my budget...yipee!
    Bought meat, vegetables and bread yesterday, so my freezer is full again; $70 left in the November budget.

Got most of the garden and yard work done lately; just have to do a few more things, and then it's done for the year.
    It's been very frosty lately; sometimes as low as 8 degrees below at night.

I've picked out some slipper patterns to make slippers for my Grandkids for Christmas. Got to get started on those!

Bye for now!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You have been busy! Glad to hear your onions are doing so well and your feet are warm again. I need to knit me a pair here soon too! Our nights have been chilly but not as low as yours yet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thought that as a third ager, I'd stop in and say hi. I don't have much to add just yet, but you never know! I've been trying to make pine cones with remnants of brown fabrics I have been saving. I hate to throw away fabric! I'm also transitioning from an every-two-week pay period to a once a month check. I'm pulling out all my frugal stops to adjust to the change in cash flow. So... hi!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi ScrapStitching! Nice to meet you! Your pinecones sound very interesting. Would love to see a picture of them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    Hi ScrapStitching! Nice to meet you! Your pinecones sound very interesting. Would love to see a picture of them.
    Ooops, I posted them in the hobby forum. The second one is on the white background. It turned out much better than the first one. I'm learning as I go along Here ya go!

How to survive till/past 65!-2013_11_07_pinecone.jpgHow to survive till/past 65!-2013_11_06_pinecone.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks scrapstitching!!! They are adorable and a GREAT way to use up scraps!

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast