As you grow older do you feel like you relate more to...
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question As you grow older do you feel like you relate more to...

your Mother or your Grandmother?  I have been pondering this question, I feel like I relate more to my Grandmother or at least my Grandmother's generation than to my Mother.  I want to live a simpler life, to enjoy the slower quieter times as I age, to enjoy baking, quilting, watching the birds frolic in the yard.  I don't think that my Mother enjoys those things, she enjoys the convenience of this day and age, the microwave, the drive through, self checkout at WalMart, LOL.  She is happy and that is the most important thing but I can't see her enjoying the same quieter days and times that I long for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, since my mother is almost a replica of my grandmother (and me of both of them)- I guess it's a moot point!

I see bits of each of them in myself- the strong family ties, and family history , the love of healing and tenderness comes from my grandmother. The love of the outdoors and plants comes from my mother (my grandmother was allergic to dust before the days of shots and medications- so she was nearly terrified of the outdoors).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I see more of my mom than my grandmother although I do love the growing things like my grandmother did. I have to admit that I love the conveniences of life today though too

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can relate more to my Grandmother's generation...my mom is a very "gimme-gimme" person & I despise that! I'm not interested in how many "things" I can acquire.....I prefer simplicity.....my goal is to only have what I absolutely need to get by.....I don't mind cooking from scratch, etc...my mother feels she needs every gadget that comes out.....don't want to be like that! A simple life is the life for me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since I was adopted I have no idea who I take after. It sure would be nice to know though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I take after my grandmother more than my mom. My grandmother loved the simple life. My mom is at Wal-mart almost every other day buying something! I think she loves following that bouncing ball that wal-wart has. Not me. I prefer to purchase only what I need and try only to go shopping once a week or even better once every 2 weeks.