As you've gotten older, do you find yourself.....
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question As you've gotten older, do you find yourself.....

Wanting to stay more and more in your home, rather than being active and going outside your home to do things, visit others or travel.

Its interesting because I always said I'd never do this. But I do find myself enjoying my home more and wanting to stay home more. I still love to travel, but not near as often as I use to. I don't enjoy going into the city like I use to, I'd rather curl up with a good book or quilt away.

How about you?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes and no Cj. I do love my home and to be here and sometimes not wanting to go anywhere but I'm also getting the wander lust more. I feel as if I'll be running out of time to travel before too many more years and I wanna see some other places.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm mixed on this one too. I do love to be home and spend time here with my family, but I also love being able to travel. Of course my favorite place to travel to is Montana (it's my other "home").

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am also a yes and no on this........although I tend to want to stay home more than I do go out! I am ok for so long and then I get cabin fever and we have to get out of the house! I am at that point right now so we are packing a picnic on Sunday and taking a drive!!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I definetly am becoming a stay at home personality. I very rarely if ever want to leave my house.

I just don't enjoy being out and about anymore. I have noticed it is more intense since Holly's dx...but that may be fear of bringing something into the house that could effect her health

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm much more content to be at home now. I suggested for several years that dh and I go to one vehicle, and he kept insisting that I'd feel stuck.

I feel anything but stuck.

I have the car when I need it, simply by taking dh to work, but most days, I'm glad to use that excuse to stay home and enjoy it.

And I do enjoy my home. Very much. I get out and that is nice too, but I love being in my home.

My favourite books are all there, my dog is there, and my kids come and go, dh and I have a happy time here. My garden is right out the back, the computer is in the basement, and the phone line is handy. I have a bus nearby if I want, and my church is only a few blocks away.

I have my music, my knitting, my sewing all handy.

My friends come and visit, or phone, and life is good this way. Dh and I hope to travel a little when he retires, but truthfully, I prefer my own bed and pillow to anything else.

I grew up a gypsy type, my dad was in Indian Affairs, we moved every 18 months on average with the longest stay anywhere just under 5 years.

Dh and I have moved every 5 years with the last couple of moves getting harder and harder to make emotionally.

I'm rooted into this house and garden now, and I plan to stay.

I want to quit moving about, and resettling my roots.

pip
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used to be someone who really came alive at night, and loved to go out and stay out late. Now, I find myself wanting to get my errands and things out of the way during the day and stay in my house at night. What is that?!!! I like to go to the same familiar stores, drive the same familiar roads close by, and love a familiar routine. I don't know if this is good, but it is certainly the way I have become.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I absolutely do. I would rather stay home and enjoy my home than go anywhere else. I do enjoy going camping but we have a motorhome so it is like taking home with me. I am looking forward to the time when I can retire (that will be many many years from now) and spend all my time at home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's seems more and more like I have to fight with myself to go anywhere. I do enjoy our home and love being outside in my garden. I would like to take a trip back to MI to visit with my family there, but with money the was it is, I would have to drive. I never minded driving long distances before, but lately I have.

Here, in our rural area though, if you want to work you need to drive long distances.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Susie that is a good point. --If you want to work, you have to drive long distances.

It's funny because dh and I just discussed it. Neither of us wants me to work, but a freind called with a job offer, only we would have to go buy another car, license it, insure it, fill it with gas etc and spend time and money doing maintenance, fixing of said car.

It would easily eat up the after tax wages and then some. Eye opening.

I know we save about 1K a year just on insurance of a second older vehicle plus 300$ maintenance costs JUST BY NOT OWNING THE CAR and another amount on the gas we would consume if I had it out there to just hop in and drive places. Worse yet if we were paying off a car loan.

I'm finding the gas to go places is prohibitive. To go to my friend Gwen's or my friend Suzanne's it takes 1/8 of a tank of gas. (they live on opposite far edges of town) I ration those visits on my car days, and don't go that often, preferring to phone visit.

I carefully plan my routes on my car day, to save time actually, but it ends up saving a lot of money too.

Quite apart from the fact that I just plain like being home, those factors do enter into my joy about staying home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, the cost of having a job 50 miles away costs more sometimes than you can make at it. Up until the end of January, I worked part time (3 days a week) at the Second Harvest Food Bank in Grand Rapids, MN. This was a 100 mile drive a day (50 miles there and 50 miles home). The cost of gas, wear and tear on the pick up was proving to be almost more than I was making.

If I could only get something with my computer business going...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just don't have the energy to load up these 2 little ones, so I stay home. We'll see what happens when they get older. Maybe I really am becoming a home-body.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd rather be at home.My sister is always making comments that all I ever do is stay home,and that I never get out.
    There are weeks I don't leave my house at ALL.Not even to check the mail lol I do most of my shopping on the weekends when Steve is here to watch the kids.
    If I do leave during the week it's to take kids somewhere like the DR,school(if they miss the bus..which is rare),band,and mail ebay packages.And even then,if Steve is home...I send him lol

I'm just a homebody...always have been

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am to glad to see this topic. I thought I was becoming a hermit. I do go to work, shopping, and go to family gatherings, stop at my mom's or sister-in-law's, and to my sisters but outside of that I love being home! I would rather be home. Running the girls to their activities and going to work by 8 pm I am exhausted. I'd rather be home. Now I feel normal!! Just don't have the energy like I used to.