I don't know if it's b/c we're facing our mortality or what.....
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default I don't know if it's b/c we're facing our mortality or what.....

but I've noticed that not only have Gripey and me started being much more health conscious that it seems to be catching on with a lot of our friends. Do you think you start to think about "hey, I only have ___ left to live, is this how I want to live out?" I haven't exactly thought "that" but I've been pondering the quality of life lately (we've had several friends die recently, one after another, all unrelated) and thinking about what I really want out of life. Better health and fitness is one thing that keeps coming up. I want to be happier in my body.

Gripey and I have been faithful to our workouts with Tony Little (ugh.....you can DO it...I really don't care for his style but the workouts with the sound turned off aren't bad ) for about 6 wks or more now. I can definitely see a difference in Gripey and he says he can me as well. I'm looking forward to the day when I put on a pair of jeans that are too big.....

Any other third agers going or have gone through this "stage"?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Lord yes. I realized that I have probably already lived over half my life. I started to look at all the things I DIDNT do that I could have, should have or would have liked to do. After beating myself about the head and shoulders for a couple weeks, I decided to try and focus on all the things that I DID do and on the things I still want to do. I cant tell you that I am well on my way or anything like that but I can tell you that I am appreciating things more. My DH, my family, my friends, relative health and the fact that I still get up every morning! I regret not taking better care of myself in the past and I am trying to treat it better now. Little things like drinking water and eating more veggies and fruit. I am also contemplating the list of 50 things I want to do before I die. I hope to post them around the house and take baby steps on them until the day I cant step any more! LOL.
    You keep on moving and grooving and we will all grow old together!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can relate. DH and I are both wanting to exercise more and even my inlaws are wanting to start getting together in the evenings and walk together.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, yeah. Since I am borderline diabetic, I HAVE to walk twice a day, nearly every day. I also have banished almost all sugar from my diet (there is a bit in Cheerios and that sort of thing, but I don't eat cookies, cakes, candy, etc. any more). I have added more veggies and whole grains to my diet. On the days I don't feel like exercising, I just grit my teeth and get out there! Once I am out, even if I am hurting, I feel better. Boy, is it tough to go walk my dog in the pouring rain. People always comment on how dedicated to walking her I am. Well, I AM dedicated to her...and my health!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have tried to live healthy all my life -- but now at close to 50 genetics is starting to catch up with me. A few of the numbers on my recent annual lab work weren't real great. Not bad enough to even be out of "normal" range, but low or high enough to need to make a few lifestyle changes. My cholesterol is really good though and not just for "someone my age" -- it would be really good at any age.

I had hoped that I take care of myself well enough that the heart disease and diabetes that run in my family wouldn't even be an issue for me. But as I get older it seems like I have to work harder to prevent them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh goodness yes!!!! Silly me...I decided to have another baby at 40!!! With arthritis and severe fibromyalgia already disabling me at that!

I look long and hard at both the mortality and spiritual aspects of the time I have left already...(sorry some of you might say I'm too young to contribute, but I do have a child in each of the last 3 generations!!!! LOL) It is eye opening and depends on each of our experiences I think too, but I thank (insert your own deity here) for every single experience and ask for the strength to get through the next one.

I look forward to having grandchildren but my goodness...I don't even know if that is my range, given all the health issues facing me (there are nasty family histories) but, yeah, just one precious moment at a time is all we can do, and there is a song out there I like, It is country...Live Like You Were Dying...we should all start doing that a lot younger!

Thanks for letting me share my worth

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been feeling this way, too. I have started to cut the "bad stuff" from our diets, like sugar, too much fat, etc. We have started going to the "Y" again. At 44, I am really overweight, out of shape, and feeling like death is just around the corner. I don't want to feel this way any more. My DH is only 34, so that is even more reason to want to look and feel younger. I was once mistaken for his MOTHER!!!! I do have a 27 year old daughter, and two grandkids, but come on!

I am hoping by this time next year to be in terrific shape. I have about 90 pounds to lose. I don't want to die before I reach 60. My youngest child is only nine, and still needs me.

On a more positive note, I have lost two pounds this week. Yay me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL...I was mistaken for my SO's mother too...he's 8 years younger than me! That's when I started dying my hair again!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have some thigs in common Catzz64. My oldest is 20 the youngest is 2.... she was born when I was 40. I like to say I have one in college and one in diapers and one of everything in between.

Jill