Do you find it hard to purchase clothing for the more mature adult?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Do you find it hard to purchase clothing for the more mature adult?

This drives me nuts. I love wearing jeans, but not ones that are waste huggers and I love nice tops, not the ones they have now, especially for this season. It is so difficult to find something comfortable in my age bracket and size.

Do you find it hard to find clothing you like?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes very !!! All I find are Jr styles and old lady clothes..... I am too old for tie on jeans and not ready for polyester pants........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have more problems finding things to fit my "Big old self" than I do clothes that fit my age. I have found I love bright colors at this age. When I was younger I hid in Navy blue and black clothes. I like Lane Bryant and Catherine's. I can usually find lots I like, and are for us older gals, in both those shops.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't. I buy what I like and don't call it an age thing. I, too am large size - my favorite clothes right now are Clio II. I don't mind the newer polyester pants - especial the ones mixed with spandex! LOL. All I require of them is that they look fashionable.
    I am still very much interested in the lastest fashions and mix them in with comfortable and feminine pieces.
    I have signature jewelry (don't we all by our age?) that help top off outfits. Example I have a very large, outstanding emerald cut amethist pendant. I wear it short around the neck. This looks good with jeans, dresses, blouses ect. I get a lot of comments on it's beauty - and it keeps those eyballs off the wide waist if you know what I mean.
    I do tend to keep things longer - because I tend choose things that are classics. So I get good value for the money - even though I do buy most of my clothes deeply discounted at the end of season.
    I spend the bulk of my money on good handbags that last forever.
    Usually I only have 2 pairs of seasonal shoes. I always have clogs, flip flops, and tennies.
    For winter I have a trenchcoat with zipout liner. Also I found a pattern for a polertec cape that I made with $25 worth of fabric that I could dress up or down. I have a black and a gray wool shawl for warmer days. I had so much fun with the cape I want to make another this year.

I don't care much for costume jewelry but am always on the lookout for fashionable scarves that can be tied a multitude of different ways to dress up, plain basic outfits.
    Erika

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have any problem finding clothes. I like classic styles, pleated trousers, blazers and cardigans. I also like khaki pants and jeans with turtleneck tops or a simple white cotton shirt. This kind of clothing does not go out of style.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No, I never have that problem. I get aot of my things through mail order catalogs now.