Today I wish I was younger
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Today I wish I was younger

The cold weather really affects me and so today I'm wishing I was a bit younger. You know, when I was young, the cold weather never bothered me. I would go outside with no gloves, no hat and short skirts (in my teen years). Even as far back at 10 years ago the weather never affected me the way it does now.

Does the cold weather affect you differently now than when you were younger?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have always had a difficult time with the cold. You will usually see with me a sweater on year round.

However, I have to admit that since moving to the country in Northern Ontario, it has really toughened me up. I cope with the cold much better since living here.

The cold does not bother me near as much as the damp weather. I have arthritis in one hand since injuring it skiing as a teen.

One of the National papers had an article this weekend, saying that we are going to have a milder winter across Canada this year.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. Sending warm breezy thoughts your way, CJ.

I really hope your winter is mild like they are predicting.

yvonne

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love the cooler weather, I can't tolerate it the same either.... Now when I go out in 30 degrees or less I wear a scarf or warm air mask over my mouth.... The cold air gets to my throut and lungs..... Be careful in the extreme cold....

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob Karla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes the cold really bothers me, sometimes I think I could just stay inside all winter long. To make matters worse when its real hot that bothers me as well, I'm kind of hoping this year that since i'm having a bit of a problem deciding if i'm hot or cold that the winters will get easier to handle...at least for a while....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just can't stand heat. Seems as I get older, it bothers me more and more. Here in our part of California, it really never gets all that cold. Maybe a few nights that are freezing temps. I really prefer the colder weather. At least I can bundle up! Its been over one hundred degrees here for like the last eleven days! I am so ready for winter!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The cold bothers me as well. I now have arthiritis in my hands, hips, knees and ankles. I take Celebrex for it only when I can't stand the pain, or if I have to do a lot of walking.

But then again, the warm weather bothers me too! Now I have menopausal heat waves, this summer was tough. Not only that, but with high humidity I swell up terrible! Thanks Mom!

When my hubby retires (soon) we have been talking about getting out of NY and moving to maybe Virginia. Not only for the weather but NY taxes are outrageous! It is hard to make a living and still be able to set some aside here.

Diana