What is your biggest fear of growing old
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question What is your biggest fear of growing old

Mine probably has got to be having a stroke. My dad passed away after having a massive stroke and he lingered for 2 months. Not good.

I also fear not being around to help my special needs kids as they grow up.

How about you? Ever thought about it?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Being very sick and having to depend on others for normal functioning...I just hope someone will care and will be available to care for me if it happens I should be very sick.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That I won't have enough money to live on, and I'll have to depend on my children.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gee..what an interesting question.

I guess mine would be that my dh would die long before me, and I would not have him around in our later years. We drive past a beautiful retiremen/nursing home to get into our town, and dh and I sometimes talk about how we hope we are always together. He teases that he thinks the corner rooms look the biggest, so we should be reserving it now...and other silly things like that.

Even if I were sick, I know if my dh were by my side he would take care of me, and I would take care of him. The thought of not having him around makes me so sad.

So, I guess not having my sweet, loving dh by my side would be my worst fear. yvonne

Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob Karla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have several, dh passing on before me.. poor health making me dependant on someone. Alzhimers or stroke.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have several fears as well. The first would be that I would outlive my DH by years. Can't even think of my life without him. The second fear would be that I will be old and alone. Wouldn't want to bug my kids. The third is that my health will go totally downhill and I would have to be dependent on others.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ugh........money, losing dh, loss of mobility, stroke, oh gosh I guess it ALL worries me. I try not to let myself think of it often cuz I surely can't control it. You know my dmil took extremely good care of herself. She walked 3 miles a day (faster than my h.s. athlete could walk it), ate all the right things down to the measured 1/2 bannana in the mornings, she didn't smoke, didn't drink, I mean did it by the BOOK (literally). At 80 she had a massive stroke and is paralyzed on her right side. Do you think it really matters what we eat, drink, exercise when it comes to this stuff?! I mean she should have been the perfect example of doing it all right and living to 110. It's been really discouraging to all of us. She's even said that if she had known then...she would have been drinking cokes and eating big macs!