Thrifty Thursday 11/4/10
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Thrifty Thursday 11/4/10

The whizing sound that you are hearing is this week going by so quickly

Thursday - looks like a pretty tame day for me - yeah!!

After school, I am planning on coming home and curling up with some needlework. It's supposed to rain so that it a perfect rainy day thing to do!!

Dinner - need to plan something yummy for DH - probably will stop by Safeway and see what's on sale. Need to get apples so I can make aple butter this weekend - cannot wait to have the tantilizing scent wafting thoughout my home!!

Think I'll pay some bills since Friday is payday!!

Have a great Thursday everyone!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I hear the whizing sound as well. I can at least thankfully say that as far as I know there are NO after work scheduled appointments of ANY kind.

This means today will look something like:
    ~ cram a minimum of 12 hours of work into an 8 hour day
    ~ sand the spackle in the kitchen and then apply what should be the final touch ups in spots
    ~ send hubby to Home Depot for primer which he can apply if (yeah right) there are no more touch up spots. If he can't apply the primer under the house he goes to work on the new lines.
    ~ find something that requiers minimal cooking from another room for dinner
    ~direct the boys through the routine household chores while I sand
    ********HUGE HUGS to them! I need to remeber to tell them how much I appreciate thier help. I know they do a lot more than any one else I know thier ages. *********
    ~ I need to get in a lower body weight workout and at least a half hour of cardio
    ~ pack us all for the tournament in Richmond as we'll be leaving directly after work tomorrow.
    ~ have hubby tape the Mentalist
    ~ finish up work that's due in the morning
    ~ pack lunches and prep for Friday morning
    ~ mindlessly blow up a few jewles on Facebook
    ~ hug my kids and hubby and pass out for my requisit 5 hours of sleep.

Thankfully by midweek next week the pace of my life will be M-U-C-H slower.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My week is whizzing by, but slow enough to remind me how busy I am. Ish. The kids' extracurricular activities are killing me! Every night this week I am running back to town. We live in a small mountain town 5 miles away from where they attend school, and of course all of their activities are those 5 miles away. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds up when I have to drive back there several times a day after work.

Sorry, thanks for letting me vent! Today is work for me and school for kids. After work I will head home and cram in any homework and studying with the kids before we head out at 6:30 for bball practice for both girls.

That's about it! I can't seem to pack any more in during these crazy nights!

Have a great day!
    -Vanessa

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sunshine here today have plans go out town to visit with a friend for awhile today. Planning on using up some left overs for dinner tonight.Don't plan on a big spend day except for gas.Hope everyone has a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So that was what that sound was. I thought maybe my aging body was playing a new tune.

Rainy & chilly day here & we'll be staying home puttering around the house. Jack & Rley are off on their walk but I'm sure it'll be a short one with the rain. Joy, Eau de wet dog anyone?

Finished that series of books I was reading & now on to some fluff. Trip to the library coming up in a week I think.
    I usually don't get books that need to be returned in 2 weeks
    Nov-into March because I don't like to have to go to the library as often because of snow. If I get the older books I can always renew online. Much nicer.

Dinner is leftover cheeseburgers so that's easy on the wallet and the rest is made with things on hand.

Not much else to say today but I wish you an easy on the wallet kinda day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TheRootedNomad - I love the Mentalist!

This morning I will head into the office. I will be the only person there until after lunch, so hopefully I can get some work done in peace and quite. I hope I can get a good solid 6 hours in today. Hopefully they have enough work for me to do! My mom is calling me around 9:30 to help try and figure out what classes my younger sister should take next semester. My mom is clueless and in panic mode and I am the only person that went to a big 4 year college (in my family), so she is relying on me to help her figure everything out....which is a little stressful.

After work I NEED to get a workout in. I am running in a 15k on Saturday and I haven't run in 1.5 weeks...I am starting to get pretty nervous! I have to pick up our race packets over lunch.

I think we finalized the Christmas card design last night, so hopefully we can order those tonight.

Lastly, we will have left overs for dinner and after dinner my two goals to complete before bed time are 1) to make our November budget printer-friendly (which I didn't do last night) and 2) find an affordable place to get a decent haircut (which is proving rather difficult in Chicago - wish I could jet home to my small hometown in Minnesota where a good haircut is $20!)

Have a great Thursday everbody!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The Mentalist. Blonde's aren't my type but I'll make an exception in his case. Oh my he's a cutie! I think it's that boyish smirk, tilt of his head with mischievous eyes thing he's got going on. Maybe I better lay off the romance novels for a bit... naaaaa.

Pets both just came in from the rain, got toweled off and are now both busy licking themselves clean, what fun! Not a nice day out but being by the fire helps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's pretty much an easy day here.

We had a showing last night, so hopefully we'll hear something today about it. My realtor's still in Mexico, though.

I have some laundry to finish up, but other than that, there's nothing on the schedule for the day. I have maybe one bill that needs to be paid, so I'll do that today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is sunny, but so windy and that wind is cold! Brrrrrr.I popped in a Leslie Sansome tape and walked inside with her this morning.Spent the day at home doing laundry,paying bills, making out menus and cleaning! I need to take the mule down and bring some wood for the fireplace up, but thinking it would be worth a few bucks to pay the grandson to come and do it.Have a warm and happy evening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today was a pretty busy day. Had to take my oldest daughter for back to back dr appts, drop her off at school, pick up my youngest from Kindergarten, and then home to do some clean up. Oh, made it to the bread store first and paid our monthly utility bill. We are all eating what we find tonight, the boys have eaten, and the girls get their choice of what they want. I'm painting toenails for them and working on getting my class readings done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today wasn't too bad. Made breakfast for the household, ran and picked up a few Christmas gifts, hit the library, Goodwill and the post office to mail a really late birthday present for a friend. Then helped DH in the shop for a while, made burgers and fried potatoes for dinner. Talked to my DS on the phone (at Lakehead U) but he had to rush off as he had a hot date! now just enjoying computer time and crocheting with a cup of tea.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today wasn't so bad...finally feeling better and more motivated...took dad to a few dr's appt's, got an rx filled, grocery shopped, walked him through Costco and now to purge and sort things at home and get laundry going now that its after 9pm....plus DF is en route for the weekend!