Thrifty Thursday, 11/18/10
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Thrifty Thursday, 11/18/10

Greetings from my basement in front of my stubborn woodstove! I decided that I was impatient because I wanted to get on my computer, so I got smart this morning and took my laptop down with me! I have a problem, don't I?!? At any rate, I don't have to work today, so I had a little extra time to come down and mess around with it. I am seriously amazed how this thing can heat my 3,700 sq. ft. house, so I need to make a better effort about starting it in the mornings.

Today is now my new day off, and I have a jam-packed day! After I drop the kids off, it's to town I go for groceries and an oil change. I also need to finish getting little stuff for treat bags for dds bday this weekend. And look thru what I have already bought her for her actual birthday on the 30th.

Then it's back home to pull in more wood for the stove, laundry, and cleaning of the dreaded bedrooms. I'm excited to get many things accomplished today, though!

Have a great day!
    -Vanessa

P.S. Thanks for letting me "chat", my fire was successfully started!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning All!

@nessarowdy- That wood stove sounds amazing. Were it not against our homeowner association rules we'd tried to cut off from the grid, but they're sticklers for conformity around these parts, so what can you do?

I finally have a day off too. I thought I'd be able to handle two jobs plus my side hustle with ease, but I'm exhausted. That doesn't mean there aren't things that need to be done today; mainly housework, soap making, baking a couple of loaves of bread for freezing, and finally getting some writing done that I've been putting off for awhile.

I'll probably do my meditation/ritual work before I get into everything.

Full day, full day! Let's make the most of it right? LOL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

First I get to spend a fun day at school with my preschoolers - then I must color my hair and do some laundry this evening. Have not decided what form of exercise to do this afternoon - stationary bike or pool exercises - will depend on the weather.

After all the work is done, I'll get to play with Christmas projects again - knitting, a sewing project and cards.

Looking forward to a lovely day and hope you are too!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is a cold and wet morning! I went to the gym, did the pet chores and changed out the linens. I am going to finish up my Autumn Leaves quilt today. If I have time I want to wrap a few Christmas gifts. Supper, then Children's Swim at the gym. Hope you have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's a dreary & breezy day here. We had a cat follow us home last night and it slept on our porch. So I decided to take Sparky my dog for a walk and the cat followed and I think it went home it went to a house with the garage open. Glad I could help deliver it safely home. Washed darks today need to fold them. Need to fill up the birdfeeders before it snows. Son is making supper tonight for his culinary arts class chili w/crackers. A great day for it. Have a good Thursday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was up at 7:30 this morning. After taking my sweet time drinking 2 cups of coffee, I decided to get ready and drive into town to pick up our free turkey from DH's employers. I have managed to do very little today. I folded a load of clothes, and finished the jigsaw puzzle I started last night. I've gone through the mail and threw most of it in the trash, nothing but junk. I have a pound of hb thawed for hb helper for dinner. I hate dreary days, absolutely no motivation for me. Bring back the sunshine. Sigh.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Sassyclass View Post
    I was up at 7:30 this morning. After taking my sweet time drinking 2 cups of coffee, I decided to get ready and drive into town to pick up our free turkey from DH's employers. I have managed to do very little today. I folded a load of clothes, and finished the jigsaw puzzle I started last night. I've gone through the mail and threw most of it in the trash, nothing but junk. I have a pound of hb thawed for hb helper for dinner. I hate dreary days, absolutely no motivation for me. Bring back the sunshine. Sigh.

Cat
    I'm not getting my work done either!I have tried to stay focused, but not having much luck.I wish I could open the house up, but too cold. Darn weather.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today is the beginning of a week off from work. I kept on thinking about it all day. Not sure what I will be doing next week but it will be nice to do whatever I want to.

Get to finish the day with a yoga class.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good evening, everyone!

I had a great day....worked until 5 p.m., picked up some freecycle items (some household efficiency kits), and then did some Christmas shopping @ Kohl's. I bought 4 items for 2 people and only spent $16 out of pocket....the savings was almost $60! Gotta love those discounts and coupons!

Also, while I was out I went to JCPenney and bought DH and I a new comforter set. Ours fell apart over the summer and we've been using these small lap blankets instead which just aren't cutting the cold weather. Plus, it always feels like you're beeing short-sheeted which is aggravating. Anyway, the retail price on this comforter set was $350. After store discounts, a coupon, and $100 Christmas money from my dad, we only spent $43 out of pocket. WOW, and it's beautiful to boot! I hope DH likes it.....it's about the only comforter that would coordinate with our funky turquoise carpeting (which desperately needs to be replaced....<sigh>).

Anyway, we've been putting together our budget this week, and more importantly, we've been sticking to it. It feels SO good to not spend money foolishly.

Glad to see everyone is having a blessed Thursday. Have a great evening!!!

Andrea

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Paid some bills online, cooked up 2 chickens and a frozen pizza (clearing out fridge/freezer) and have a crockpot of stock going. Tended to DF with his broken ankle and thats about it. Sounds like nothing but it was really a lot. I'm zonked!