Thrifty Thursday 25 Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Thrifty Thursday 25 Oct 2012

Hmm... no thread yet today, or last week. Apparently our Thursdays aren't being thrifty lately. Ah well, adjust and move forward...

Today I forgot something I needed for work (and I live too far away to just run home.) At the store I noticed that although they were packaged in 3-piece packages, there were price signs for just one... so I asked and was able to buy just one (so $4, instead of $12 for two more than I needed.) Since I was out that way, I swung by Subway and got lunch for today and tomorrow BOGO and stopped in at the CVS next door to load up on $.99 diet coke 2-liters, saving a second trip and gas costs later.

While I was there, I got new vitamins BOGO, one for the office and one for home, but resisted the urge to buy a new lipstick (because I want some, but I probably have a couple child-ruined ones at home I could make due with if I use paint brushes... have to explore their hiding spots and see.) The lipstick would have been $9.69- $1 coupon... and then I would have felt compelled to buy something else in the same brand to get the $3 ECB with $10 purchase... of course EVERYTHING was $7 or more... so I just didn't bother at all. Yay!

I also stopped in at the thrift shop, but they didn't have anything I needed, or even wanted... they did have a colorful bead necklace that made me happy to look at, but I'd never wear something like that, so looking is all I did. Shiny things make me happy Leaving them at the store makes me even happier.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've stayed home all day, so no money spent there. Went through the pantry and fridge to make a menu for the week. I'll just need a few items from the store to complete dinners for next week. That will leave some money to stock up on any sales I find.

The heater is still not on! We are just using blankets for now

Got some free candy for Halloween. I may need to pick up another bag or two.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dark and cloudy day here. But the grow light I have on makes it seem bright and sunny outside. No spend day here and no urge to go to the thriftstore!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

today was a no spend day here.. I worked in the house and de cluttered the kitchen I have been doing this for 2 days it is done but need it to stay that way... I washed 3 loads of clothes half dried 2 of them and hung the others.... the only thing I need to buy this week is real cheese, milk, and bread...
    no hugely thrifty...
    beautiful weather though no heat, air or lights today...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent the day with a gf shopping for a few necessities. Long day. Beautiful day here - very unseasonly warm. Not complaining! The only spending I did was gassing up the truck and buying lunch out.