Thrifty Thursday 2019 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

6/20 I will be traveling with my friends, I feel like I deserve a break from work I just hope that I will be able to spend my money wisely as I don't want to exceed on my expected budget.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

7/11 Happy slurpee day! I think they still give away free slurpees.

Still have dgd. Her mom comes home tonight. One positive is I haven't gone anywhere so no money spent. Today is bill pay day. We'll see how much money we don't have.

After dgd lessons, we'll take her home and then dh needs to get some supplies for work. We'll probably grab a bite to eat too.

Still trying to get over this cough and back pain. It's a little easier to get a deep breath, but it still hurts.

It will be nice to have a break from dgd, but I know I'll miss her. She'll probably be back tomorrow for her usual sleep over.

I need to do some laundry. One of the dogs peed on the bed. Luckily it didn't soak through to the bed. Just the blanket. Unfortunately, the blanket is big and doesn't fit the best in my washer. I'll just have to run it through twice, if it doesn't seem clean. I just don't have time to run to the laundromat.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Maybe you can pre-treat that area first?

Taking the cat to the vet for her monthly allergy shot. Don't expect to be doing anything else outside the house today. DH got some movie passes from work for a late showing, so diner at home tonight and free evening out.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

7/18 Another hot one here.

dgd spent the night. She wants to swim this morning. THen we're going to lunch with some out of town family. Then we'll get dgd down for a nap and take her to her lessons tonight. It's too hot for mommy to do it. Big baby. I guess we don't have anything better to do.

I've got a few pots and pans piled up in the sink that need to be hand washed. Better get to those today. Not much else. Just hanging out with dgd.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I saved by taking my own water from home, instead of needing to stop and buy something mid-day, simply because I remembered. A small thing, but if I did this every day, it would make a difference. I also brought the remainder of a roasted chicken home from work because my client was going to throw it out because she is leaving for a long weekend. She just cooked it yesterday so it will go in the crockpot tomorrow for a pot of chicken soup. Surprise in one of my monthly payments because I had forgotten that there were five Wednesdays in July instead of four. Glad my client remembered lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

8/8 Today I go to have my crown put on. Glad that will be fixed. When I left a few weeks ago, the dentist told me not to break any more teeth.

After the dentist, I need to put gas in my car and pick up an order from Kohls. Last weekend was tax free weekend. I needed to get some clothes for dgds for their birthdays, but didn't want to fight the crowds. I ordered online and got everything tax free and got an extra 15% plus my 30% and now I have $20 Kohls cash for later. Got some pretty good deals. Now they have a lot of their summer stuff on sale. I also need to stop by the vet to pay our bill. They finally sent us a bill for when we put our two dogs down. Kinda made me sad to think about that.

Tonight we are going bowling. Dsil leaves Monday and we wanted to do something with her before she leaves. We went bowling last week and it was a blast. Dgd loved it. It was her first time. We'll probably just eat at the bowling alley tonight. The food was good and not too expensive.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tonight my son wanted to go to walmart so he could get a few things.
    I didn't need anything, so I sat in the car.
    I knew if I went inside I could kiss at least $50 goodbye.
    Wasn't as hard as I thought, so I may have to do it more often. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mary...I know what you mean. I can never get out under $50. I try not to go there much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've only been to Walfart maybe half dozen times all year for that very reason.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

8/15 It's nice and sunny and a little cooler, but rain is supposed to be coming.

I need to make a stop at the bank, put gas in my car, pick up dog treats and get fruit for dh.

Dinner will be fish or shrimp or chicken. I have to check to see if the fish is still good first.

Not sure if we have anything going on tonight. It will depend on the weather.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to the grocery store for cat food, and came out with two big bags that were on sale at 50% off and B1G1 on top of that. $10 for two $44 bags of cat food, I will take it. I may go back tomorrow and get more.
    Pasta bean salad for dinner. Its a created recipe by a client and both of us almost live off of it as a go to. Its simply one box of Classic Suddenly Salad, and add one can each of chick peas, black beans, lima beans, or any other kind you want. Sometimes I add left over chicken, but not tonight.
    Laundry is getting ridiculous, and I have no excuse because I live alone. I blame it on the storms we are having every day. It causes more work with the chickens and tortoises and less time in the house.
    Tomorrow after work I have to get ready for Saturdays farmers market, my son wants me to pick him up a case of tomatoes so he can make and can salsa, and if I don't get pasta sauce canned tonight, I will have to do that tomorrow also. It seems I never can enough pasta sauce and any version of rhubarb jam, they buy it all every week. I even shipped jam to Long Island NY today because a woman said after her husband had mine he isn't happy with anything she has bought. Not complaining, but the amount of work it requires is exhausting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going to lunch with my parents. It's Dad's birthday and he has a free burger at Red Robin. I'll probably just get an appetizer. I haven't had much of an appetite lately and it's cheaper.

I need to pay bills, but I don't want to until I know how much will be deposited. It's usually posted in the morning, but it's not. I don't think anything is due tomorrow, so I can wait til later to pay them. I just like getting it done Thursday morning.

Should be a quiet evening. Dh still needs to get some supplies for his parents, but he has to wait for the card from his brother to do it. Maybe tonight. I'll pick up a few things with my rebates if we go.

We still have a big bowl of fried rice in the fridge, so that will be dinner tonight if we feel like anything. I wish I could get over whatever this is. There has been a stomach bug going around and I may have it again.

Getting excited for my new puppy. We get to pick him up in about 10 days. The breeder sends videos and pictures all the time. He's so cute. I can't wait to snuggle him. Ds will be coming then end of October to get his dogs and to possibly take his car. Can't wait to get that heap out of here. It will make parking a little easier.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

8/29 Wow! Can't believe August is almost over. This month flew by fast.

Not doing much today. I want to color my hair. I've been putting it off for weeks. This is the first day I haven't had anything else going on. I may run to the store for a few items for Sunday. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I may get out today, but if not, a little rain won't hurt me.

Not sure about dinner tonight. Bil is needing some help after dh gets home, so most likely we'll go eat somewhere with him.

I do have a few organizing things to do. We are bringing the dog crate back up. New puppy comes on Tuesday. I'll put it back next to my chair in the living room. Dh wants to cut a piece of wood to put on top so I can use it as a table. The puppy will be sleeping in a soft sided carrier on my bed until he gets potty trained. The breeder says he is doing really well on pads, but with ds' dogs here I won't let him be outside a crate at night. I still need to clear out one of my cabinets and take a few things to the basement that are rarely used and make room for things that are used more often. Dh said he'd help, but I think I need to do it myself. He gets too busy helping others.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

9/5 Can't believe the first week of September is almost over. Crazy how time is flying by.

New puppy did very well last night. He slept all night. He's still in the soft carrier on the bed next to me. I have a couple of rice bags I heat in the microwave and put one next to his carrier. He was happy.

Paid bills this morning and will run to the store to get cat food. We won't make it til tomorrow. I still have some store credit to use, so I'll get the cat food there. I need to look for a container for the puppy food. We had one, but gave it to the inlaws for their dog. I'd better double check the basement to make sure there isn't something there I can use first. I may pick up a few other things while I'm out.

I still need to make a menu and grocery list. Still have quite a bit in the freezer to use. The jambalaya I made yesterday was a hit. Dh suggested putting peppers and maybe shrimp in it next time. I can do that. I'm glad he liked it. I still have several turkey kielbasas in the freezer and the mix isn't too expensive and so easy to do. Also looking for some other cheap recipe ideas.

Not sure what we'll do for dinner tonight. Thursday's are always up in there air.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

9/12 it's hot and very humid. Took the dogs out and couldn't wait to get back inside. It's supposed to rain today, so it will cool down for a day and then back to hot. I don't like hot.

Went to bed not feeling well and feel even worse today. I'm sure once I really get moving today and clear all the junk from my sinuses and throat, I'll feel okay.

I want to go to kohls today. I have some rewards to use. I need some new bath mats and now I want some new curtains. The curtains I have, someone tied up and then when the dogs and dgd get on the back of the couch they're all over the place. Maybe just a valance for now. I also want new blinds. I'll go back the the cheap ones from walmart. I have some nicer wood look ones, but they are so heavy. They are cordless and I'm just not happy with them. And one of the dogs chewed on it and it's hanging my a thread. When it breaks, that's it. No fixing it. I can"t just open the blinds anymore, I have to lift them up because the dogs get into them.

I also have a reward from Panera. Will stop by and get that and dh asked for some bagels.

Dinner will be steaks and rice and spinach. We didn't really eat anything last night. Neither of us felt well, and didn't really want anything.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast