Thrifty Thursday 2019
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Thrifty Thursday 2019

Post all your Thrifty Thursday's here.

4/11 Didn't sleep well, had a really sore stomach. All I could think of was my mom's chili yesterday.

The laundry has piled up again, I don't know why I can't keep up. I know part is just not feeling well. I have no energy.

Dinner may be our steak night out. Not sure yet.

I do want to go get my bird feeders. Didn't get it done yesterday. I hesitate to go out since I'm not feeling 100%.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4/18 Another bad night for sleep. I never sleep well when dgd is here and it stormed last night. We have a dog that is terrified of the storms. Then all the dogs got me up early and I couldn't get back to sleep.

We tried covering the truck to protect it from hail. but somehow it leaked inside and there was a lot of water. Brand new truck, now soaking wet inside. It will go in the garage for a while to air/dry out. Not a good way to start the day. Felt bad for dh.

Will drop of dgd and then go get cat food. Won't make it til tomorrow for my regular shop.

I'll try and get some things done around here. My to do list keeps getting longer. I have such great plans and then start feeling bad. I guess it's time to go to the doctor to get checked out.

We were supposed to go work on inlaws house tonight, but with the wet truck, the truck will be a priority.

Dinner will probably be something out. It's thursday!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4/25 I need to go to the store to get a sidesplash for the inlaws house and a trash can for the bathroom. Couldn't find the piece last night and thought it was from another store, but it comes from the place we were at last night.

Just let the dogs in and the cat ran out. She's a fun one to catch.

Also need to get some shirts ready for dh. They need a bit of altering.

Tonight we'll be back at the inlaws place to do a bit more work. We're almost ready to set up the bedroom. That will be tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Then we are DONE! We don't care if they never get moved back to that house. All we know is we did way more than our share of the work to get it ready.

Not sure about dinner. We usually go out on Thursday, but we are trying really hard not to eat out. So far so good. We haven't even missed it. Can't believe we spend so much on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

5/2 Another dreary day here. I'm ready for some sunshine. It's going to be almost 2 weeks straight of rain here by the time it ends next week. Doesn't help with the mood.

I'll spend the day paying bills, planning meals and making a shopping list for tomorrow.

I wasn't planning to spend money today, but one of the stores has cereal 5/$5. I'm going to hit a couple of locations and stock up. Can't beat that price. I'd also like to pick up some Ensure. Tummy troubles going on. Need some extra nutrition.

We really need to get back to the inlaws to install a door to keep someone from trying to go upstairs. That's the last thing we need is for someone to fall on the stairs. I think dh is working late tonight, so not sure when we'll get to it. I think we are just burned out on the whole thing.

Not sure about dinner. I really don't feel like eating anything. There are some leftovers in there and frozen pizzas in the freezer. We leave it at that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had toast and leftovers for dinner. Making banana bread tonight as I haven't done that in a long time. I had to roast the bananas as they weren't even brown. I've never done that before and if it makes the bread taste better, then fine. But the texture was watery and kinda stringy.

I'll run errands tomorrow. I have to get to the supermarket to see how much my meds are as doc is trying new stuff and my insurance doesn't cover a lot of the other things. So, I need to find out. I'll get a few things from the market, return stuff at Ace, hit the gym and then DH wants to see a movie. We saved some $ by purchasing online at Costco and printing them out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

5/9 What a day!

Woke up aching everywhere. Dh took the day off and he took dgd with him to work on inlaws house.

I went to Kohls. Got to the register and forgot my coupons. One was my birthday $10. So they are holding everything until later. I'll go back when I drop dgd off at home.

Went to home depot and bought the wrong kind of board. I asked for a 1x4 and that's what I bought. Didn't know I needed to go to a different aisle and get a nicer, more expensive piece.

It just hasn't been my day.

Went to lunch and dh and his brother went back to get the right board and a new jigsaw. The 30 year old one we use we can't get blades for anymore, or they are limited in what you can get and you have to spend a lot to get what you need. Happy birthday and father's day!

I doubt we'll eat anything later since we already ate out for lunch. Probably just fend for ourselves.

Sure hope the rest of the day goes better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

5/16 Going to the dentist this morning. Hopefully just a check up and cleaning.

Then I'll stop at Sam's for dog treats and some meat for Sunday's dinner. Maybe Walmart since it's right there to get a few extras.

Tonight dh will mow the lawn and we may go out to eat for my birthday. Dgd asked about going to a particular restaurant sometime and we had been thinking about it for this weekend, not including her, so we may just go there tonight with her. Thursday is our usual eat out day.

I was going to say laundry was caught up, but notice dog poop on the blanket. I'll get those in the washer before I leave for the dentist.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Birthday!! have a good day!

same old here..housework, going to do some hours of bookkeeping and watch big bang finale.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

5/23 Not much today. Dgd is here. I'm watching her while they take other dgd to the doctor for her check up.

I'm going to make some banana bread with the old bananas on the counter.

I need to wash some fabric to get it ready for dgd's quilt. I can at least get started on the top. It's just squares of all the disney princesses and other things shes likes. I call it a memory quilt. Not sure what I'll use for backing. I have quite a bit of fabric stashed. I'll let her pick the back.

Not sure if we'll go out for a quick bite to eat or if we'll cook something here. I have some burgers in the freezer and that will be quick and easy and cheap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

5/30 I can see the sun today!!! There is a chance for a quick shower this afternoon, but hopefully not. Dh has to work and if it rains they can't do the job.

I got one load of laundry washed and ready for the dryer, will put the next load in.

Paid bills and then had to give the dog a bath again. That's 3 days in a row. He goes out and rolls in something that smells horrible. I think he likes taking a bath. Little brat.

Dh brought home a bunch of lunch dishes last night, so I got those in the dishwasher. I don't know how they pile up like that. Will get the trash together later on.

Dinner tonight will be leftovers from the fridge. Then there will be another big pile of dishes to do! No eating out tonight. Dh will be late getting home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

6/6 Expecting rain today. If it does, dh probably won't be working late.

I still have all my laundry to fold. Just haven't felt well this week. Dishes need to be unloaded and loaded. Not feeling well.

I'll do what I can today. It'll still be there tomorrow.

Dinner will most likely be out somewhere.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

6/13 Another beautiful start to the day. I think it may rain later tonight.

It's bill pay day. Oh fun. But the good thing, is I'm making my very last car payment! Can't wait to snowball that into something else.

I'll do my shopping today since I'll have dgd tomorrow. Her mom is going to visit family and dgd doesn't want to miss swimming lessons. They'll go to visit after.

I'll also pick up some new play doh and glue for making slime. We have a pretty fun couple of days planned. I bought everything to plant a small container/deck garden. She's been asking, so we'll do it.

I do have a load or two of laundry to do. I'd better get the blankets in now so they'll be ready for bed tonight.

Dinner will most likely be something out after dgd's lessons tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Another rainy Florida rain season day. On the good "Thrifty Thursday" side I'm home and doing some much needed kitchen cleaning. On break with one furbaby beside me and the other beside him. Watching Jurassic for the 60th time
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

6/20 Probably not a very thrifty day today. I'm going to go get some more pots and plants for my deck. I guess in the long run, if my plants produce vegetables, it will be worth the expense. I do have some pots sitting around and I'll check those first to see if they can be used for anything. They may be cracked and broken, but if I can use them for something I will. I am reusing the big pot the tomato came in. It just wasn't big enough to keep the tomato in. The pot will be perfect for something else. Maybe a pepper plant.

I need to finish cleaning my kitchen. Didn't get to washing the knives and rice pot.

Need to fold a couple loads of laundry.

I want to pull the carpet squares up from the kitchen floor. We put some down for the big dogs. They couldn't walk on the floor and were scared. Since they are gone, I want to pull the squares up, but it will take some work since they had sticky backing and that will need to be cleaned up too. Maybe I'll just do two at a time so I'm not overwhelmed.

Not sure what we'll do for dinner. If we don't do our usual Thursday night out, maybe we'll have BLTs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jettsmom View Post

Not sure what we'll do for dinner. If we don't do our usual Thursday night out, maybe we'll have BLTs
    BLT sounds good!!! Haven't had one for so long. Thanks for the reminder jettsmom!!!
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6