Thrifty Thursday 2020
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Thrifty Thursday 2020

What did you do that was thrifty today?

I redeemed a coupon for a free small pizza, I used some Christmas money for coffee out with a friend, and I'm going to be freezing some bananas that are a little ripe for smoothies and banana bread.
    Focus on getting ahead, one penny at a time! Keep the main thing the main thing!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I didn't spend any money, and I made $40 teaching piano. Everyone had their lunches packed from home and we had a home cooked meal for dinner. I put aside a bunch of DS8's clothes that I will list for sale tomorrow.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I didn't spend anything.
    All of my dental x-rays (10 or so) were covered 100% by insurance.
    I'll be creative for dinner today and see about making chicken salsa over rice, cookies, BLT's and/or ham & eggs.
    I was reading articles about making extra income and they kept mentioning being a notary. It said people make $250/mth..It's free to be one but I can only charge $5 per document...Which, would be like getting 50 documents notarized per month..Not sure there's a demand for it but I'll look into it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had an earlier than usual start to the day. Went in for a mammogram. I really dislike them, but since the insurance covers it at 100% and the doctors have been nagging me and dh having a heart attack, I decided it was time to take care of myself. I still need to make an appointment for a well woman, but I need to find a new doctor. The clinic I used to go to has closed. This is the year of taking care of ourselves.

Stopped and put gas in the car. We have an icy mess forecast for late tonight/tomorrow. I also stopped and got bird seed. I love watching the birds. It's relaxing.

We'll have the crab legs and shrimp we were going to have the day dh went to the hospital, for dinner tonight. I had to put it all in the freezer. Want to use it up. I'll boil some potatoes and fix a veggie too.

I AM going to sew dh's shirts today. There isn't anything else going on today, so today I'm going to get it done. At least one shirt. Who am I kidding? Something always stops me. I have two shirts ready, but sometimes, it doesn't go how I planned and takes more time and then I get frustrated. Hopefully with weight loss, dh's arms will get smaller too and I won't have to add to his sleeves anymore. His company is being great. They told him that as he loses weight, to let them know and they'll let him order new shirts instead of waiting for the yearly order.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was reading articles about making extra income and they kept mentioning being a notary. It said people make $250/mth..It's free to be one but I can only charge $5 per document...Which, would be like getting 50 documents notarized per month..Not sure there's a demand for it but I'll look into it.
    If you can get in with a title company, you could make some good money. The lady that just did our closing had 6 appointments in one day. It was the end of the month and everyone was trying to get their loans closed. Might be worth looking in to. I see people asking about a notary all the time. I know our bank will do it for free, but there are those who actually look for a notary.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As my boys used to say when they were young, "it's a droozy day". More rain, snow, etc. Dh took my car again just in case. I may get out after he come home. There are a few things I'd like to pick up from the store, not an emergency, but would like to get. Also need to pick up dh's meds. Can't believe it's time to refill. He's been doing really well. Had another rehab visit this morning.

Dh fixed the shelf in the kitchen. One of the things broke that the shelf sits on. I have a load of laundry to fold and then at least one more to wash. Didn't get to it because the cat was sleeping on the pile and I didn't want to disturb her.

Dinner may just be leftover spaghetti. It's always better the next day