Thrifty Thursday 2020
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Thrifty Thursday 2020

What did you do that was thrifty today?

I redeemed a coupon for a free small pizza, I used some Christmas money for coffee out with a friend, and I'm going to be freezing some bananas that are a little ripe for smoothies and banana bread.
    Focus on getting ahead, one penny at a time! Keep the main thing the main thing!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I didn't spend any money, and I made $40 teaching piano. Everyone had their lunches packed from home and we had a home cooked meal for dinner. I put aside a bunch of DS8's clothes that I will list for sale tomorrow.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I didn't spend anything.
    All of my dental x-rays (10 or so) were covered 100% by insurance.
    I'll be creative for dinner today and see about making chicken salsa over rice, cookies, BLT's and/or ham & eggs.
    I was reading articles about making extra income and they kept mentioning being a notary. It said people make $250/mth..It's free to be one but I can only charge $5 per document...Which, would be like getting 50 documents notarized per month..Not sure there's a demand for it but I'll look into it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had an earlier than usual start to the day. Went in for a mammogram. I really dislike them, but since the insurance covers it at 100% and the doctors have been nagging me and dh having a heart attack, I decided it was time to take care of myself. I still need to make an appointment for a well woman, but I need to find a new doctor. The clinic I used to go to has closed. This is the year of taking care of ourselves.

Stopped and put gas in the car. We have an icy mess forecast for late tonight/tomorrow. I also stopped and got bird seed. I love watching the birds. It's relaxing.

We'll have the crab legs and shrimp we were going to have the day dh went to the hospital, for dinner tonight. I had to put it all in the freezer. Want to use it up. I'll boil some potatoes and fix a veggie too.

I AM going to sew dh's shirts today. There isn't anything else going on today, so today I'm going to get it done. At least one shirt. Who am I kidding? Something always stops me. I have two shirts ready, but sometimes, it doesn't go how I planned and takes more time and then I get frustrated. Hopefully with weight loss, dh's arms will get smaller too and I won't have to add to his sleeves anymore. His company is being great. They told him that as he loses weight, to let them know and they'll let him order new shirts instead of waiting for the yearly order.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was reading articles about making extra income and they kept mentioning being a notary. It said people make $250/mth..It's free to be one but I can only charge $5 per document...Which, would be like getting 50 documents notarized per month..Not sure there's a demand for it but I'll look into it.
    If you can get in with a title company, you could make some good money. The lady that just did our closing had 6 appointments in one day. It was the end of the month and everyone was trying to get their loans closed. Might be worth looking in to. I see people asking about a notary all the time. I know our bank will do it for free, but there are those who actually look for a notary.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As my boys used to say when they were young, "it's a droozy day". More rain, snow, etc. Dh took my car again just in case. I may get out after he come home. There are a few things I'd like to pick up from the store, not an emergency, but would like to get. Also need to pick up dh's meds. Can't believe it's time to refill. He's been doing really well. Had another rehab visit this morning.

Dh fixed the shelf in the kitchen. One of the things broke that the shelf sits on. I have a load of laundry to fold and then at least one more to wash. Didn't get to it because the cat was sleeping on the pile and I didn't want to disturb her.

Dinner may just be leftover spaghetti. It's always better the next day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dgd called today and said she needed help. She was eating her leftover Chipotle and needed more. Could I bring it to her? She is too funny. I'll get her some for dinner tonight.

Going to do some shopping. Get it done for the weekend. Need some food for dinner tonight too.

Going to finish our taxes and get them sent off. Didn't do too bad. Getting $3 from state. At least we don't have to pay this year.

I'm sure dgd will be coming over for a little bit tonight. She wanted to come over yesterday, but dh had appointments and we got home late.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's 12:30 and I go at 2 for an echocardiogram to get cleared for the knee replacement. Which even that appointment for her to actually clear me isn't until Feb 25th. What a crock. As far as being thrifty Medicare and supplement should cover all of it. But if it can go wrong I'm sure it will.

Need to stop at Winn Dixie and pick up meds while out so no extra gas used. Also vets office for another med. It's a counter pick up so no visit.

Only other spend for day will be for coffee filters and one or maybe 2 grocery items. Maybe.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made a coconut pie crust has been in freezer since before Christmas used frozen milk out freezer for pie and bananas was frozen got banana bread in oven now.I am still working on using up things in freezer before adding much more.Got load kitchen towels to wash and load dishes to wash tonight don't like run appliances doing peak hours but i am having to never got bread in oven in time for it to get done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's so cold here today. They cancelled school because of the wind chill. Dh didn't have rehab this morning. They are closed if the schools are closed. Dgd spent the night. She wanted a hula hoop, so we got her one last night. She has been practicing all morning and getting pretty good at it. She watched a couple of videos on youtube and taught herself. She has a doctor appointment this afternoon. She's worried about getting shots. We told her it was just like when she helps papa check his blood.

Dh wants me to go pick up a new vacuum. The one we have works, but it is so heavy and difficult to use on the stairs. Dh wants a lighter weight one that dgd can use too. She loves to help us clean the house. Maybe she'll start helping at her home too. That will be our anniversary gift this year. Yeah, a new vacuum. I'll pick up another hula hoop while I'm there. That way dgd will have one at home and one here. I just don't know if I want to get out in this cold today. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow when it warms up a bit more.

I need to check the fridge for food and see if I need to cook tonight. Trying to use up everything and not let it go to waste. When I can, I put the little bits in the freezer to use in casseroles or soup. Looks like there are enough leftovers that dh will also have something for lunch tomorrow too. Since dh is watching how much he eats, the food I make lasts longer. I need to learn to cook less, so we don't have to eat so many leftovers. Need to thaw the crab for dinner tomorrow.

Need to do a little cleaning and organizing in the house. Dh cleared out the front hall closet. Now I have a bunch of coats to do something with. But the closet looks great. I think it's time to do something with all of ds' stuff. He's been gone, gone for over three years and has only touched the stuff in the boxes a couple of times. Time to go through it again and start getting rid of some of it. Lots of t-shirts. It's just time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is cold! lol think you aren't as romantic when you are together for a long time... our valentine/anniversary present... new recliners lol since our anniversary is only a few days after valentines.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow.....I probably wouldn't go out at all if it was that cold.....
    New vacuum sounds like a nice gift....lol....and new recliners....way back when, I would be getting a new outfit, making reservations, making a special dessert, getting wine, decorating the house.....now....it's just another day....that's what age will do for you....
    I haven't been out all day as still not feeling good. So spent no money.....but an auction is closing tonite and I have bids in...will see if I get any wins.....so it won't be so thrifty if I do....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by bookwormpeg View Post
    Wow.....I probably wouldn't go out at all if it was that cold.....
    New vacuum sounds like a nice gift....lol....and new recliners....way back when, I would be getting a new outfit, making reservations, making a special dessert, getting wine, decorating the house.....now....it's just another day....that's what age will do for you....
    I haven't been out all day as still not feeling good. So spent no money.....but an auction is closing tonite and I have bids in...will see if I get any wins.....so it won't be so thrifty if I do....
    Yep depends on the year but yep fancy dinners etc. better when there isn't that markup! I do decorate and get candy and I get my good choc lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I get to go to the DMV today. Yeah for me. I tried to renew my plates online, but I keep getting an error code. The one time I was ready to do this online. Oh well. I may stop at dollar general today. THey have a few things I need. My back has been hurting. I know it's my weight. Dinner tonight will be fish. I want to try and get some things organized in the sewing room. Laundry is caught up.