Tightwad Tuesday 7/14/09
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Tightwad Tuesday 7/14/09

Good morning everyone! Today is a no spend no drive for me. So I'll be working around the house and yard today. What are your plans for today?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My mom is coming over this afternoon to watch the Ghosthunters episode she missed that I recorded of our Buffalo Central Terminal.

I have lots of work still to do in my huge decluttering project (the whole house), I have to clean the bathroom, do the dishes, just the normal stuff.

I am thinking of possibly doing spaghetti for dinner, but possibly chicken. Hmmm, I'd better decide.

We're going to my nephew's baseball game again tonight. They're still in the tournament.

Tracy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by gapeach View Post
    Good morning everyone! Today is a no spend no drive for me. So I'll be working around the house and yard today. What are your plans for today?
    Hey, that's what I was going to say. Honest. I don't have any real plans today so I'm just going to go with the flow.I have to be quiet again. My husband was suppose to be on days this week but the other back-up driver broke his hand and will be off at least 3 weeks, so now husband will be working nights. I'm not going to complain because he makes a lot more money driving. The extra money will go to cc debt. Hope everyone has a very blessed day.

Cat

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That ghosthunters episode was a good one!!!

Nothing much going on today. Waiting for two daycare girls to get here. It's thunderstorming right now. Going to do some housework and reading today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nothing much here today, just the usual dishes and dusting. And then put hot dogs on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Doing way too much today.
    We're having new windows installed on Thursday and the installation consultant told us we needed to remove all window linens and hardware, clear the sills, remove our window ac unit and clear all furniture three feet away from the windows. I'm trying very hard to do this without making the house look like a landfill(we're in 800 sq ft and using every inch).
    And today is a laundry and baking day. I got 4 loads washed and hung out. I'm just about to get in the kitchen and make bread, sandwich rolls and banana bread.
    Good thing I have FV to break up the work and keep me motivated.
    Hope everyone has a nice day!~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No spend here today. Made watermelon jelly, made an Oreo cookies and cream pie, pulled the backhoe out of the pond, a friend is making us dinner in my kitchen right now, tidied up the house and enjoying the rain today....finally!!!

Last edited by Debbie-cat; 07-14-2009 at 03:42 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today has been another cool overcast day. I did the morning routine, biked and then cleaned out my cabinets and wiped them all down. Inside and out.I did a little decluttering in the kitchen as well and it looks so clean and fresh.Had lunch, then took my little Chuckles to the vet. Had her shots and wormer, plus a wellness check. She is not an albino, but she lacks significant pigment and will need to use sunscreen when she goes out.Other than that-healthy. She rode all the way in the mule. What a little pistol. I am going to clean the light fixtures in the kitchen and the ceiling fan, then sweep and mop. Supper, bath and relax tonight. Have a good one!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did my FLYlady stuff:

Dusted and vac'd the house (downstairs).

Swept and mopped the bathroom, and washed the rugs in there.

Did a 'fling' (tossing crap, & organized) under the br sink.

Swept and mopped the laundry room, which doubles as an extra bedroom/storage.

Scrubbed the washer and dryer outsides.

Plan to do some knitting.

Make dinner.

More knitting.

Take my walk after dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow are you on an energy roll!!

Today is ....

7-12 summer school
    12-1:15 tutor
    1:30 dr.'s appt

then I'm free!!! Need to get some heavy duty work done on my LR - still too many boxes to go through, but I want it done before summer is done - and for me that's July 26th.

Have more energy today, so hopefully it will see me through the day!! hAVE A GOOD ONE!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Home now. Made it to the gym today and then ran some errands with my son. Moved furniture around in our front room and reset up hubby's desk. Ended up doing bonus cleaning around the house because of moving furniture.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oooops!! Forgot that tonight is my Parent Education night - so I'll be out for two hours tonight. Definitely worth it - really empowering the parents and seeing a difference in their child too. Hope we'll be able to continue this as it is definitely in everyone's best interest.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Tightwad Tuesday

Tightwad Tuesday: (please excuse me posting part of this on Monday's post; my error in figuring out how to move this over)

MOTTO: I have things to do, and I'm going to get them done.

Today, and the rest of the week:
    1. Garden work: Monday= weeded front planters
    2. Mow lawn
    3. Laundry: Monday=did most of it (dryer shut off/flipped breakers!!!); Tuesday=finished laundry
    4. Get water & mail: Monday (groceries also); Tues=mail, groc (free: 4 boxes of Kelloggs cereal with $2 coupons)
    5. Housework: Mon, Tues.
    6. Cooking: Mon=leftovers, Tues=leftovers
    7. Baking=Tues: brownies, cinnamon rolls, made dough for refrigerator rolls (oatmeal/whole wheat/white)
    8. Errands=Mon, Tues
    9. Accounts= Tues
    10. An outing (when, oh when???)
    11. Reading: Monday (The Old Man & the Sea: {memorable thought}Santiago was old and his body had the signs and scars of hard toil, "but his eyes were cheerful and undefeated")
    Tuesday: Santiago, alone and positioned very far out from the others and land, carefully sets his lines for fishing. He always plans ahead, and prepares for what he has to do. He has resolution.
    12. Music practice
    13. Stop spending so much time on the internet, and get more done: Mon, Tues
    14. NO SPEND DAYS, as much as frugally and realistically possible:
    Tuesday

Just dealing with rain, eavestroughs spilling over onto my planters (thought the landlord had fixed that, but looks like I have to call it in again). Did my errands downtown during a lull; used 4 coupons for Kelloggs cereal today, and got them FREE. No Spend Day.

Proctor & Gamble verified my allergic reaction to their Crest Pro-Health toothpaste, and sent me a list of ingredients to keep on file.
    Did accounts, internet catch-up, planning some down time, then a few good hours getting something else done.

Got a phone call; maybe some extra work (that would be good:$).
    Got some good baking hours late this afternoon, early evening; brownies, cinnamon rolls, bun dough made and waiting in the fridge for tomorrow's baking. The dishes are all done, and I'm ready for my nightly read. Gathered a bunch of good coupons to make up an envie for a family member (trying to reproduce myself, LOL).