Tightwad Tuesday 11/17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Tightwad Tuesday 11/17

Good morning. I'm getting ready to leave for work, we have a safety meeting so I need to leave about 10 minutes earlier than my usual time. I got a rebate check in the mail yesterday and need to put it in the bank when I get off work. I have dishes to put away, a load of clothes in the dryer to fold and one to put in dryer. I'm not sure what dinner will be, probably Hamburger Helper. Then I'm going to sit and watch TBL before going to bed and getting some reading in. Hope you all enjoy your day.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh has left for work he stayed home sick yesterday he must have really felt bad he never stays home. Well hes off with his thermos of soup and sandwich and I have fed the dogs going to do some things around the house this morning I need to go to the bank and take a look at where weare financially Then I am going to call a friend who lost her job last week That makes 5 of us in the last year. I think I will take her to lunch she is single and only has her income and is stressing so Id like to cheer her up Take care everyone Happy Tuesday

Registered User thriftstorequeen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good Morning! Got my hubby off to work and he took my car, so I'm in for the day. My daughter and two of my grand children are coming over after lunch I need to clean my bedroom and my bathroom today. We are having leftovers for dinner. I think I'll get a least a load of wash done, the seems to be coming out I need to finish recovering the seats on 3 of my kitchen chairs, maybe I'll get to that. Everyone enjoy your day!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We're in Day #2 of "Mama's on Strike Against the Ingrates" and today is the day my current crop of teenagers learn just how much fun I have every week developing a menu plan and grocery list!!

DS will be getting his drivers' license next month, and in our family that priviledge comes with a price - you become responsible for grocery shopping - so we'll have a grocery shopping lesson as well.

We have the normal homeschool stuff to do

Swim practice

I'm speaking to a MOPS group on Thursday, and they want me to demonstrate making a pie - so I'm planning out that

Need to mail out a sympathy card, but I want to write a memory letter to go inside.

I've decided that Indian summer is OVER so I need to pull some stuff out of the closet and put it away until spring *sigh*

Straighten up the pantry - oh wait, that'll be another job for the teens today!!

Otherwise, try to stay busy all day, then hit the gym while the teens grocery shop. Have a great day everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mary I love your drivers license idea!

I'm off today so I have the normal catch up stuff to do. I've got a chiro appt in one town ~ run home and then run 30 miles the other way to take my niece out for her b day. Oh I need to remember to pick up a card also!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning everyone!!

Yesterday I cleaned like a manic so today, I don't have to!!

I woke up @ 5:30. Sat on the computer for a bit.
    Made breakfast for DH and myself. He got home @ 7.
    Now we are just waiting around til 10am to leave to go to my new work to get my job all set up.

Then I just need to vacuum upstairs and enjoy the rest of the day!

I am feeling great today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Lora88 View Post
    Dh has left for work he stayed home sick yesterday he must have really felt bad he never stays home. Well hes off with his thermos of soup and sandwich and I have fed the dogs going to do some things around the house this morning I need to go to the bank and take a look at where weare financially Then I am going to call a friend who lost her job last week That makes 5 of us in the last year. I think I will take her to lunch she is single and only has her income and is stressing so Id like to cheer her up Take care everyone Happy Tuesday
    What a good friend you are!! How nice!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~What a chipper group this morning! I'm afraid I need another cup of coffee to attain pleasantness today. I'm cranky. *sigh*
    Kids are still sleeping, very strange, but I'll take it. We'll have to start homeschooling late again this morning. No biggie.
    I'll just get in some housecleaning and FV while I wait.
    Later today we're going over to my mom's for tea. It's sunshine-y so I'm sure they'll want to play outside in my mom's wooded 5 acres. That will probably be my exercise for the day, chasing them through the woods.
    I really need to do my weekly cleaning early this week. The house is a wreck and I think my in-laws are going to invite themselves over for dinner one night this week so I should just anticipate that and get the house clean now.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's our first snow day of the season. Don't plan to leave the house today. Got all my running around done yesterday. Need to get DSs up and laundry started. Need to wipe down the kitchen and start on the curtain for the laundry room. Dinner will be bbq chicken, mashed potatoes and corn.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, just looking at all the activities that you ladiez are doing almost makes me tired - actually it just encourages me to get up from this computer and get busy. It's not like there is nothing to do in THIS house! I also have errands to run today, pick up prescriptions and do a little grocery shopping... right now, i'm going to work on clutter control for 30 minutes!! yea me..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning everyone!

The kids are off to school and it's just me and the cat. I need to get some exercise in this morning. Then my plan is to work on some laundry today.

Have a great day!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning all. The gas company is here laying the gas lines so we can have our new heating system put in. That gets put in Thursday. The man told me its a warmer heat then oil and cheaper too. I am all for that. So this will take a few hours. Cant go anywhere while they are here so I am puttering around the house. Have a good day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning Ladies. I am working today until 3pm. After that, I will get home and cook dinner (thinking marinated turkey breast) and reheating side items. Tonight we have a PTA meeting at school. I am hoping to have a wonderful no spend day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

From the "my golden goose squawks too much" line of complaints, I'm out of work to do for the day already.

Technically I can leave whenever I want, but I really want to get at least two more hours in so I don't have to work more later in the week. Plus, tomorrow's my day off, so I'm starting my "weekend" whenever I leave and the temptation to bail is even greater.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello I'm off work today so relaxing til tomorrow. I'm washing clothes getting caught up on that. I need to vacuum and dust and sweep the kitchen. Clean the bathrooms also. Dh went to visit friends at his old work so I'm home to get some of this work done. Have a great day everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast