Tightwad Tuesday, January 22, 2013
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Tightwad Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Another day of purging and reorganizing today. Was surprised what I found to purge in just one closet!! Now to do the larger stockpile closet. It is another bright sunny day here in the 20's. Was surprised to see a dusting of snow on the ground. Probably not enought to get rid of all the flu and cold germs mixing around out there!

Later on will venture out and maybe get a bite to eat for dinner.

Enjoy your Tightwad Tuesday today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going to make those breaded meatballs that have been on pinterest for supper so will start working on that soon. Going to finish cutting up the homemade granola bars and cereal bars that I made yesterday and put them in the freezer. Will finish up the laundry and cleaning today. Entered most of my coke points this morning and wrote down all Dr's appts on my calender. Will have to look at the calender again and figure out when my annual training for work is and when I can get my hair done. Called in one prescription and need to get added to a program through our insurance so I can get a $100 credit to my medical expense account when baby is born. Need to finish signing up for some baby things online too. Will probably finish that sometime later this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I swept the kitchen. Went to take a shower & no hot water just in the shower that we had fixed sat! Dh called the guy hope he comes after work. Clipped coupons & filed them & sent some diaper ones to niece. Need to vacuum downstairs. Making oatmeal cookies & chicken teriaki for dinner. It was 1 degree this morning wind chill if -11 brrr! No spend day! Got to get the mail eek!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Couldn't get to sleep till after 3am last night. Got up to beautiful snow and sunshine. Then------ doggy diarrhea on the dining room carpet. Ugh. Good thing my sis finally returned my carpet cleaner the other day. Cleaned that up. Before coffee. My plastic carpet cleaner parts are soaking in soap/bleach solution now.

Opened the dishwasher to empty, and all of the dishes in it were still dirty. Don't know what was so cruddy in there that it threw stuff around on everything. Ran it again. Waste of water, waste of soap.

My aunt is dying. Cousins are flying in from CA tomorrow. They are getting ready to 'pull the plug'. She was a sweet, but mentally ill person all her life. Sad all around. Cleaned my Mom's house yesterday so people could stay there from out of town. My house is a disaster, lol. DH is having surgery on Thursday, so I really can't put anybody up at my house. I'll be a nurse for a couple of weeks---well, good thing I'm a nurse, huh? LOL. He's already put off this surgery for over a year.

I have a zillion errands to run before DH has surgery. Waiting for the roads to clear a bit more before going out.

Can I go back to bed?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cab 54, hit the wtg button by mistake... Want to send you a huge virtual Hug!
    Take care of yourself!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh has the flu. I have a bad cold that I am hoping does not end up in the flu. No going out today except to the mailbox. Dinner will be canned soup. I told the cat that she is in charge of the house since she is the only one that is well. hee, hee! If that was taken seriously, all of the tuna would be outta the cupboards and opened up and consumed by her.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

a2m - funny! I can envision your cat on a huge tuna fest while the house chores remain undone

Today IS a Tightwad Tuesday! Have been in the house all day. Too cold outside. Did pop out to drop DH at work with his food/coffee for the day. He went in early for meetings so that gave me extra time to set up the crockpot for dinner tonight - chili - er...vegetable galore chili I cleaned out the fridge & pulled ingredients from the pantry. Managed to do my nails and watch a slew of shows from the PVR.

Not sure how DH is feeling - he has threatened to take me out for dinner tonight (birthday dinner) despite the gnarly weather. Will have to see how his day goes, if he's working late plus he's on call.

Stay warm everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I returned turbo tax to SAMs and bought it at best buy. I paid 69 cents more, but got a $10 gift card. It really wasn't a waste of gas. I was going to be in the area anyway to get a $4.99 haircut at great clips. The stores were pretty empty and didn't take much extra time.

Ran into target while I was out and of course they don't have any of the deals I've read about on other blogs. That was a waste of time.

I still need to go to he grocery store to return some candy bars I bought. I went to eat one and it looked old, checked the date and the best. Before date was may 2012. I better take a little more time and check the dates more closely.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Birthday Libby! Yep, that would be my cat Libby. She will do about anything for people tuna. It is a rare treat. Christmas, her birthday...

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hope your birthday is wonderful Libby!