Tightwad Tuesday - March 26/13
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Tightwad Tuesday - March 26/13

Hoping to truly make this a 'Tightwad Tuesday'. No plans on going out/spending money with the exception of gassing up my truck which sadly is a necessity.

Not sure what we're doing for dinner...gonna push for something new so there will be plenty of leftovers for the end of the week/weekend.

Gonna do some house tidying/decluttering/puttering today - hopefully some PURGING!

Whatchas got planned for today?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've already bathed the dog and have done several loads of laundry. Got to make a good dessert to share with guests coming over this evening. We're not going anywhere today. DH is going to work on organizing the basement and I'm going to clean the guest bathroom, the den, and the kitchen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not planning in going out today.

I have a kitchen cabinet to clean out and organize. It is a corner one that use to wrap around the corner. We took half out to install a dishwasher years ago. The half we kept goes back pretty far. It doesn't take much to have it a total mess. Just pulling one pan out will make it a mess. I'm going to clear it out, throw some stuff away and store the rarely used stuff in the basement.

I really need to finish ds taxes, but they give me a headache. I'm not about to pay an extra $35 to get turbo tax. Not worth it this year. He needs a second state to finish.

Dinner will be the shrimp I didn't get to make on Saturday, served over rice with some broccoli.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Beautiful sunshining day here!
    Went to our last mommy-baby meet up this morning. Sad it's over
    Going to feed Mini and put her down for a much needed nap.
    Will write out grocery list and errands list for tomorrow.
    Dinner will be clean out the produce drawer... Not sure on the recipe/meal yet... Maybe veggie fried rice, or an omelet... We'll see!

Oh and a nice long walk with Mini will do us both good!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to walgreens to return an item and picked up a few things. Was able to pick up a nice traveling kit on clearance for $3.49. They had just reduced the item. Need to do a load of laundry and return two items to CVS. Luckily I have my receipts saved so I can return some items from the stockpile. This ezcema really is doing a number on my HBA stockpile. Returning items definately helps give me some wiggle room to purchase appropriate items.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi y'all,

Well, today the kids are all on spring break-- mine are getting breakfast and lunch at the daycare for free (included in the price I'd be paying anyway) and Sis' kids... well, I don't know what/if they're eating, but it's not at school and it's not on my dime! Hooray! That's at LEAST $13.65/day savings for me, though probably more, since DD9 usually gets ice cream, DN17 buys extra milk and sometimes 2 lunches, and DN15 is a wild card.

I may be the only person out there who SAVES money on spring break!!!

Meanwhile, Hubs and I were both too exhausted to cook last night, so we ordered Chinese food, and I had the leftovers for breakfast and lunch... soooooo yummy!

I ran out on my lunch break and burned up my Staples Rewards with a coupon and a sale to end up with 300 garbage bags for $6.62, tax included (and of course I used a rewards credit card for the 1%). Pretty happy with that. We were at the end of the last bunch I stockpiled.

After work I'll be picking up a movie DD9 has been begging me to rent from Redbox... no discount code, but I do get a 10% kickback thorugh my credit union for using my debit card, so that's something. The redbox is right outside of CVS, where I have a $10 ECB I could use along with a 20% coupon, but I don't know if I'm going to... have to review and see if there's anything needed/too-good-to-miss. Quite possible I'll skip going in.

No idea what's for dinner tonight. I forgot to check the menu this morning. But we skipped breakfast-for-dinner last night, so that's a fallback option.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Zhoen check money saving mom's website there is a redbox code on there for one free rental. I did not have a frugal day, but have gotten a lot done. Went to my dr's appt. this morning dh and ds came along so we hit Ace hardware to get keys cut for our new locks. Well then we hit Mc D's for breakfast and Sam's club to stockpile before baby #2 comes along in May. I had most the cost figured out for these purchases so it was no big shock. Now that we are home I should make home made hand soap and figure out what to cook for supper might just be leftovers. Oh should at least get one load of laundry done. Have a good day everyone.