Tightwad Tuesday 2019 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you Rabbit. It is a little different without the two, but we are adjusting. The hard part will be when ds come to get his two dogs. We are keeping them while he is deployed. I thought about our only dog and how lonely he'll be. But I have been saving to get another puppy probably next year. My papillon passed in 2017 and I really miss him and want another papillon.

Another beautiful day. Hopefully we'll get some stuff done on the house. The exterior is in need of a few repairs, so we'll have to do that before we can paint. Probably go look at what is out there and then decide if we want to put up new siding or replace the boards that are rotting.

I decided not to get a new purse and tried for a new wallet, but it wasn't any slimmer, so I'll be returning that one and continue using the one I have.

I'll start another load of laundry here in a bit.

I think I'll take some pork chops out of the freezer for dinner tonight. Hopefully we have enough gas to get them cooked on the grill. We still haven't filled the tanks. So many things going on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jettsmom, I'm so sorry about your 2 doggies. It's always so hard to lose them.

Have you considered looking at shelters for a papillon? We have gotten our last 5 dogs from shelters. All have looked and acted like purebreds, which is what we wanted. It's generally much less expensive to get a shelter dog because they've had some shots and have been spayed/neutered. If you're not in a hurry, shelter dogs can be worth searching for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Aunt just got a Papillon from the Humane Society.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jettsmom - hugs also.
    RJ you are right those big pieces of meat (turkey, ham) can go a long way. Tomorrow I will make veg soup in the crock pot with a ham bone. Maybe biscuits and brownies. It won't be too hot so I won't mind turning the oven on.
    Eggs are also cheap protein source. Sometimes I just serve dad "smorgasboard" of HB eggs, cheese stick, crackers & fruit or veg sticks. Enough variety to be interesting & easy to eat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

6/18 Today should be a pretty decent day. Hope to get some things done outside before the rains come. Dh will mow and trim when he gets home from work.

I'm going to Kohls to return a wallet I got. I wanted something new and slimmer but once I put everything in, it was just as fat as the one I have.

I get to go negotiate with Xfinity/Comcast today. Our internet bill doubled. I knew the end of our deal was coming. Hopefully they'll give us the deal they have on line. If not, we'll drop the speed boost and return their modem. In my opinion still too high, but we do need the internet. Dh needs it occasionally for work, but we would be okay without the boost. It's frustrating that they are the only deal in town. I've been a customer for over 25 years and have to pay such ridiculous prices. Hopefully that won't take too long.

I have a mile long to do list and hopefully I can get a few more things marked off today.

We ended up going to eat with dh's brother. He's single and alone and we feel sorry for him sometimes so we go out to eat with him. Dinner will be grilled steaks. I'll stop at Chickfila while I'm out and get a free chicken sandwich for dh's lunch tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes our cable bill keeps going up too. my mother in law's neighbour got a papillon from a rescue place too. she is loved in the assisted living place.

groceries , errands housework. last guide meeting today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today is my mom's birthday, so we are going to Red Robin for free burgers. We both signed up and I used a different birthdate, so we both get free meals. I rarely use my real birthday when I sign up for anything.

I'll stop at walmart to pick up a few items for the inlaws and drop it off.

I had some library books come in, so I'll stop and get those too.

Tonight dgd has a sports graduation, so we are going to that. Most likely we'll go to mcdonalds after for dinner. She loves going to the restaurant. She's too funny.

I still need to repot some plants. I should have time for that after lunch. I'd like to get a watering can to water the plants. Right now I'm using a gallon jug. I guess I'll keep using it. If I put the lid on, that will help dgd from just dumping a lot of water all at once. Better save the money.

I found a good tutorial on line to make pillow cases. I found a piece in my stash that will work. It will just have a small seam. I didn't want to go buy any more fabric. This small piece matches perfectly. Again saving money. I'll try to get them cut out today. They are so easy, it shouldn't take long to do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

7/9 Went to the dentist first thing this morning. Chipped a tooth last Wednesday. Looks like I need a crown. Luckily we have our HSA and can use that to pay for it.

Dgd just got here. She'll need lunch and a nap soon. Then we'll take her to her class tonight and then McDonalds for dinner. She loves that.

I'll do some laundry and folding and putting away.

I need to get something to finish organizing the computer desk. What we were using won't work anymore. I'm sure a lot of it can be packed away for now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

7/16 Nice sunny day, but the heat wave is coming. Won't be doing much outside this week. Did get the pool set up on the deck for dgd to swim in.

Going to Sams today to pick up a couple of things we need. Maybe walmart. Can't find my hair color anywhere. It makes me mad when stores just stop carrying something. They have all the other crap, but not what I need. No, it's not time to stop coloring my hair. It's not just the one brand, it's every brand.

Need to stop at Kohls, different location to pick up another order. Dgd wanted a my little pony towel like the girl at swim lessons, so grandma found one. I also got her a new shirt, but will save it for her birthday. Also need to stop at the grocery store for tuna. Dh is picky about his tuna and this store is the only one that has it. I'm sure that will go away soon too. It always happens.

Dinner tonight will be grilled teriyaki chicken and veggies. Maybe a salad or sliced cucumber and tomatoes.

I have one more blanket that needs washing, but I'll probably wait on that. Also need to do some more work on the computer area. I can't believe how much stuff we have. It's been good, because we are getting rid of a lot of stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another beautiful day. Cooler temps again. I really should be outside working, but there's too much inside to do.

I'll be staying home today. Ds let me know a package is coming for him today, and I need to sign for it. I was planning to stay home anyway and get some things done around here.

Yesterday I got new baskets for my living room cubby. It looks a lot better. Not the color I wanted, but it looks good. They were on clearance so that's good. I have to return the others I got, because it just didn't look right. Now I'll take down the dog crate and bring my table back out.

I did get some things cleaned up in the kitchen. Baby steps. So many little things to do. Of course there is laundry. Always laundry. I need to find space in the room downstairs to store some of the stuff we had up here, until I figure out what to do with it. Most of it will either be trashed or given away. I just don't have time to sort it out right now.

Dinner tonight will be grilled pork chops and corn on the cob. We ended up taking dh's brother to dinner because it was his birthday. Not many remembered it was his birthday. Kinda sad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

8/6 Happy August. This month got off to an interesting start. Dh made a last minute trip to Tennessee and then drove home by himself. He did great. Ds had come to visit and they drove there and then ds left for some training. Kind of nice having just the two of us again.

Today I put down a deposit for my puppy. He'll be ready in 4 weeks. I have just enough saved up and he's only 2 hours away. Getting excited for my new furbaby.

I also went to the post office, to mail ds some things he left behind, bank, and then to Kohls to pick up an order. I ordered quite a bit this weekend. It was a tax free weekend. Instead of shopping in store with all the crowds, I did it from home and went today to pick it up. So easy. I got a new pair of shoes and got some clothes for my dgds birthdays. There were also some good back to school discounts that really helped.

Of course the laundry piled up this past week, with ds here. We were so busy, but it was a good week. Very enjoyable.

Not sure what we'll eat for dinner. It's taco Tuesday and sometimes we go out with bil and it's the last week that sil will be here, so we may go eat with them. If not, it's grilled pork chops. (I think I'm seeing a pattern here)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another hot, humid day here. Looks like rain coming. We're supposed to cool down the next few days. That will be nice.

More laundry today. It never ends. You'd think with just two people there wouldn't be much. I guess I really don't do laundry weekly. Maybe every 10 days or as needed.

Talked to the neighbor last night, owner of the house. I feel bad for them. The place is a mess. They want to sell. I'm afraid they may sell it "as is" and we'll get some crappy neighbors. There are times I look at the neighborhood and think people are really trying to fix up their homes and other times, we get some not so good people moving in. We really want to move, but to move out of state we need to get our finances in better shape. Dgd says we can't move and we need to move closer to her. That wouldn't be bad either, but to get a home we can afford, they all look just like the one we have, so why move. Anyway...we'll see what happens over the next few month.

Tonight for dinner we'll have bbq beef sandwiches from the leftover pot roast.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

8/27 It's a beautiful, sunny day. Much different from yesterday. Hopefully we'll get some yard work done when dh gets home from work.

I still need to get items for the new puppy. Most will be purchased with my rebates. I also need to go to walmart for a couple of things. I thought about the neighborhood market, but they've been out of a couple of things I need the last few times I've been there, so I may just go to the regular walmart. Now that school is back in, it won't be as bad.

Of course I still have laundry to do. A load that desperately needs to be folded. I need to go through my fabric stash to see if I have any I can use for dgd halloween costume. She wants to go as a Suzy Sheep "nampire" (vampire from peppa pig). We found a cape at amazon that isn't too much. I thought I'd look through my fabric to see if I have any to make the dress.

I also need to start piecing together her quilt. I've collected fabric from all the disney princesses and a few other things she likes. I just call it her memory quilt. I made a similar one when she was born. Now she could use one for her big girl bed. I didn't get it done last year.

Dinner tonight will be blt's. I'll get some lettuce while I'm out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

9/10 Another very warm day. Not feeling very well. Dgd has been sick and now we are too. I have a sore throat. We were hoping dgd's issue was allergies, but nope.

I'm going to try to do some more laundry today. We'll see, I may not do anything. I do want to run to the store for some ground beef or turkey, whichever is cheaper. I bought some dirty rice mixes and I may fix that tonight. If I don't fix that maybe we'll have pancakes and eggs. Dgd will be coming over after her lessons to spend the night. Sissy has a doctor appointment tomorrow and I'll be watching dgd. If we're feeling okay, we'll go visit my parents.

The new puppy is doing well but our other dog started getting sick last night and has had the runs all morning. I caught him this morning just as he was running under the bed to do his business, but we were able to get him outside in time. I'll be keeping an eye on him and may have to take him to the vet. He hasn't been eating well either. We thought we did okay with introducing him, but I guess not. That's another reason I want to get ground beef. I'll make him some food and hopefully calm him down. May need to get him some anxiety pills. I have some, but they were for the bigger dogs.

One day I'll accomplish everything I have planned. Always doing for everyone else. I do need to prioritize things in life and maybe then I'll get things done. I just get so tired.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

9/17 Feeling better today. So far, no coughing attacks or sneezing. I'd really like to get out of the house today. I've been wanting to go to Sprouts for a while now. I have a few coupons for free items and their fruit is priced cheap. Thought I would give it a try. We'll see though. It's not nearby, about 20 minutes away.

I did get a load of laundry washed and dried. I guess I should tackle folding today. I'm sure there is another load ready to be washed too.

All the dogs are doing well. I think we're going to be okay.

Dinner will probably be grilled pork chops for dh. I'm just not feeling that well and food just isn't appealing. That's okay. I can save my pork chops for fried rice tomorrow.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast